[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that scared you as a kid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 04U Biker no bitching.png (629 KB, 968x653) Image search: [Google]
04U Biker no bitching.png
629 KB, 968x653
What are some of the things in games that scared the hell out of you as a kid when playing vidya?

>The zombie portion of the Siberia level in time splitters 2
>The final boss of Turok : Dinosaur Hunter on the N64
>The juggernauts from MW2
>>
>as a kid
>mw2
>>
>>319425201

>2009
>kid
>>
>>319425283
>MW2 is going to be 7 years old this year
>Cod 4 is going to be fucking 9
I was 12 at the time dude. Shit was scary back then.
>>
File: 1447370035893.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1071) Image search: [Google]
1447370035893.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1071
The title screen of the Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee demo because it was a fucking jump scare.

>mfw my dad borrowed a PS1 and booted that up as the first game, and I got so traumatized by this that when I was eventually asked whether I wanted a PS1 or N64, I went with an N64
>>
>>319425532
>Teen
>Kid
Pick one, otherwise it just gets confusing to the audience.
>>
>>319425201
> underage/banned
>>
>>319425748
>12
>Teen
>>
the death screens and accompanying dialogue in fallout put me off the game for a few years
>>
>>319425880
>Not knowing that MW2 came out 7 years ago
Feel old yet? Because I do.
>>
File: 1449208693321.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1449208693321.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
Nemesis jumping out the windows
>>
Life.
>>
File: Under fire.gif (3 MB, 450x242) Image search: [Google]
Under fire.gif
3 MB, 450x242
>>319425201
>The first time you hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs5AJLiW-zo
>YFW
>>
Ecco the dolphin.

I know it gets mentioned every thread, but it deserves to be mentioned every thread.
>>
Dark Forces 2 was, afar, my first game ever, and, being a regular shooter, it scared the shit out of me. I had no idea Rebels were friendly because my parents tried to "keep me away from western garbage", so I shoot the Rebel who was supposed to tell me that Imperials are coming, cycle through weapons, marvel at a noisy glowing dildo in my hand (total polygon count = 16), jump into a big bay beneath me AND HOLY FUCK THESE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO KILL ME WHAT THE FUCK WHAT WHAT WHAT
The game tells you to close the hangar, so, I figured, a structure that looked like a control console was devoid of shooting people, AND gave me a promise of ending this horror.
I ran to it, only to be fucked over by a TIE Bomber that blew the door open, giving me a first lesson in my life that sometimes, things don't go your way.
I went deeper into the facility, only to be faced by increasingly harder opposition.
I think I wasn't so genuinely scared before that, given that my childhood started with a small-scale civil war with tanks involved in my city.
A couple of days later, granddad sto... took a new PC from work, 333MHz CPU and dedicated 3d accelerator in it, and said that I'd be playing Quake 2.
I made it to the POW camp, /v/. People say that kids nowadays get mental scarring from sweets are being refused to them? Make them all play Quake 2. Just the right amount of really wrong shit for a 6-year-old.
>>
>>319426004
What were your emotions when you first unloaded an assault rifle burst point-blank into some dude?
>>
>>319425201
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.