[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EU4: Spreadsheet Simulator Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: europa_administratis.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
europa_administratis.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1080
Okay /v/ please help me understand why this Excel spreadsheet simulator is actually any good.

It's one of those games I really wish I could get into but it's just so bland and boring.

Literally nothing really happens in terms of visual or sound cues, and the text is nothing too inspiring either. They're called VIDEOgames for a reason, and besides, there's no real strategy involved as in games like Civilization III or IV...
>>
>>319423778
you
>>
one day you'll get bored of shallow games and strive for something more in depth.
>>
>Spreadsheet simulator
>Not paint simulator
>>
>>319423920
i've got 200 hours in EU4 and i'm waiting for the "in-depthness" you're referring to
>>
>>319424013

feel free to go play total war instead then.
>>
>>319424154
i bought shogun 2 a few months ago but haven't played it.
>>
File: ideas.png (471 KB, 417x701) Image search: [Google]
ideas.png
471 KB, 417x701
>play EU4
>create custom nation with OP military ideas
>still can barely annex all of europe by the end of the game

how bad am I?
>>
>>319423778
It's a map painting simulator that's it

And it's pretty enjoyable at that
Also, it's really funny to see what the AI does sometimes

Just chilling as a native american for hundreds of tears and then see europe just being a blobbing mess with fucking savoy as the holy emperor and austria gone while france has been at war with spain(former of course by aragon) for centuries is hilarious to me every time.

Kicking the ass of said countries and then reverse-colonizing them is even funnier

It's just fun
Also it's a really good prompt to make you study more history
Reading hanseatic league and not knowing what the fuck it is, wondering why lithuania was so fucking huge, starting to hate the fucking von habsburg
Just everything is interesting really.

I like it
Fuck the mana system though
>>
File: fuck you.png (202 KB, 941x519) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
202 KB, 941x519
>not liking spreadsheet simulators
>>
>>319423778
>it's just so bland and boring
But that's what they were going for when making EU4.
If you want a fun GS play another one.
>>
>>319423920
OP here
please explain this eu4 is deep meme
>>
>>319424761
>football manager

get the fuck off /v/
>>
>>319423778
>EU4
>Spreadsheet Simulator Edition
Kill yourself
>>
File: otKz4JP.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
otKz4JP.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
Who EU3 here?
>>
File: 12.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>319425715
We EU3 now
>>
File: From lake to shining lake.jpg (407 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
From lake to shining lake.jpg
407 KB, 1280x768
>>319425715
wew
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.