[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poll about the remake being episodic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
I am actually okay with FFVII remake being episodic. It is not what I would have preferred but it isn't a deal breaker to me either. The way I see it is that this remake will compliment the original. It is not going to replace it. What is your thoughts on the matter?

http://strawpoll.me/6211763
>>
>>319420313
gtfo with ur strawpoll faggot
>>
>>319420445
Nah fuck you senpai. I think /v/ is getting a little too angry over nothing as usual.
>>
>>319420313
check the catalog before making another fucking thread about this shit
>>
>>319420718
How about prove why the game being episodic is a bad thing first? Also ATB fags are getting btfo.
>>
>>319420986
i dont give a fuck about episodic shit and we wont really know how they are gonna release them before we get more info so why speculate
>>
>>319420313
nostagiafags getting BTFO again
>>
>>319421278
Because it is a controversial topic. It appears people are in favor of their decision.
>>
>>319421394
They are getting way BTFO actually. Holy shit this poll is lopsided.
>>
We really can't know until one of the parts is out.

If splitting it up means each part can have unreasonably high standards and the overall product is better for it that's great. Once it's all out it'll be forever a better game for it. Especially when lets say 10 years down the line you can pick up the complete game of the year edition that has all the parts and all the stuff collected in one game with an incredible level of detail and high standard for quality throughout.

Or one part can come out and it's short as fuck hacked up just about every part, is shit and total ass and makes it obvious they don't give a fuck and this is a cynical cash grab.

We really can't know yet.
>>
>>319421474
fags like you try to make everything controversial, let the company take care of the game and judge it when it releases no need to make a fuss about shit like that over a remake
>>
>10 reply thread
>77 votes
>yes votes going up constantly

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
>>
>>319420313
literally no matter how much /v/ puts hurricane levels of spin on this game, LITERALLY NO MATTER WHAT, being sold something piece by piece is bullshit.

Demand full, completed projects. its like you will never learn.
>>
>FF7 becoming episodic
>each episode will be as big as a regular game
What is happening? Will each episode just be watered down, padded bullshit?
>>
>>319421581
>We really can't know until one of the parts is out.

This isn't true at all. We know it is going to be episodic. We know that this means the full game as it was is absolutely not going to be the entire game. It's completely justifiable to assume that when they said episodes that means the entire game is going to be broken into parts.

What is so hard to understand about that? You either like that idea or you don't. It is that simple.
>>
it all depends on how they do it, mainly how long the episodes will be and how much they will cost... naturally people assume the worst, and they have good reason to

but I am much more worried about the combat system, this whole episode reveal has overshadowed the fact that you will only be able to control one character at a time, so since it's not turn-based, the others will have to be controlled by AI... they've even said that you can play the game by always just controlling one character
>>
>>319421910
>What is happening?

new content
>>
>>319421910
More dates at the gold saucer.
>>
>remake one of the best vidya of all time
>don't fuck it all up.

You may choose one and only one
>>
>>319422343 sounds more realistic than more gameplay. Square Enix is shit at making new content.
>>
>>319420313
wew lad, /v/ loves getting Jewed
>>
>>319420313
Top fucking lel
>>
Well I guess we can officially put the nostalgia fags to bed now. They are absolutely a tiny loud minority of people that were complaining. Most apparently are happy with the remake. You turn based boys can always have your Dragon Quest games.
>>
>>319423328
Fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>319423328
>vocal minority
every fucking time
how do you know they are not actually the vocal majority?
>>
>>319424153
211 to 34 anon
>>
>>319423328
>Remake
>Not being on part to what fans of the original want
>"But the majority likes it!!!"

This actually means they fucked up.
>>
>>319423328
That's a whole lotta underage teenage angst you got there
>>
>>319424424
>211 to 34 anon
what?
>>
>>319420313
>fucking moron doing damage control for the worst idea of all time
FINALLY
THE
PROMISE
HAS
BEEN
BROKEN
>>
>>319420313
instantly lost all desire to play when I heard it was episodic. will not purchase

it would do you well to learn not to bend over so easily OP. Vote with your wallet its the only way they listen
>>
>>319424485
The game doesn't have to cater to original fans and change to their every whim.

If it sells as good to people who never played ff7 before then what's the problem?
>>
You can have all this technology but it means fuck if they aren't fixing the horrible translation, lack of clarity on zacks real death, and the fact that there is no ending. So I guess they're going to shove the fact that advent and trash core are cannon
>>
>>319423328
>most
>a video game targeted at millions of people
>not even 300 voted
>statistically relevant in any way
>a vote centered solely around /v/
>implying all the people interested in vidya even care about such polls
You're officially retarded as fuck.
>>
>>319420313
>http://strawpoll.me/6211763
wow so much cancer then again its prolly the same fags who have the battlefront season pass
>>
>>319424587
If you aren't in favor of the direction at all there is the option there. The other three options are favorable to the current direction but this poll is more about the game being episodic. Those numbers added up are people in favor of the current look and gameplay. Are you retarded or what?
>>
Only problem I see with episodic release is that people are gonna get bored and move on to the next thing before they're finished releasing all the episodes.

They'll make a killing with the first episode, maybe second, and depending how they space cliff hangers the magic will die off with later episodes.
>>
>>319423328
kill youself
>>
>>319420313
really only proves that most people here are fanboys that only wait for the chance to give SE their money and suck their cock
>>
>>319425051
>thinking this small sample size means anything
you're so cute anon
>>
>>319425453
I'll bet if you take this same poll to twitter, facebook or tumblrers it would more a less look the same.
>>
>>319425827
>I bet if you take this poll to some faggotty place it would look the same
no shit
>>
>>319424630
Fuck off
Episodic FFVII could be fantastic
>fans will follow development step by step as they release each episode
>every psx, every e3, every major vidya conference will have more more info about the remake
>new constant releases will keep everyone interested until the big finale
I'm so fucking hyped, this won't just be a game, it will be an experience, it won't just be something to play but to live alongside millions of fans
Unless they fuck it up in which case I will go to Japan and fuck their shit up
>>
>>319425216
this
>>
>>319426037
So what is your point then? That would give us all a pretty good idea that most are okay with the remake the way it's being made.
>>
>>319426089
>Episodic FFVII could be fantastic
if it has 3 episodes and each costs 20 bucks, and together they make a full game, then yeah it would be ok
unnecessary but ok

but prepare for 3 episodes, each 60$, and together they barely make up FF7, with no overworld and a shitty combat system
>>
>>319420313
The way I see it, it gives them more time to focus on all the elements big and small. Breaking it up into parts lowers the risk of skipping something memorable to us.

What I am worried about is how much they're gonna charge per section.
>>
>>319426270
Just stop. Your retarded brain obviously doesn't understand how statistics work.
>>
>>319420313
>take a look at results
>/v/ confirmed as cancer killing gaming
What a twist.
>>
>>319426365
No
I'd rather have that idea that's been posted a few times here
>7 episodes for VII + 3 episodes for compilation stuff
>it's all one game that get progressively expanded each time a new episode drops
>20-30 hours each, 40-60$ each
>2-3 episodes a year
>first episode is Midgar stuff alone, fully explorable, real life sized
>optional questlines integrated into the main story like Wutai
I'd buy them all at a full 60$ per episode if that were the case
>>
So, FFVII Remake gets an episodic format because the game is to big apperently. So why does FFXV manage to get everything in one disc while FFVII can't?
>>
>>319426993
Because Midgar alone could be bigger than the supposed map of FFXV
>>
>>319426984
I just think that's unrealistic, because then they are really not episodes anymore
>>
>>319427347
Exactly
They confirmed they'll be as long as full sized games
>>
>episodic
>>
Don't see how episodic can work unless they completely remove the Leveling system, which kind of makes the whole JRPG aspect redundant and would casualize the whole experience further.
>>
>>319427116
>could
Please, they aren't going to do all the other sectors and upper parts of Midgar. They will expand areas to be more than linear hallways but that is it.
>>
>>319426993

FFXV is being developed for 20 years.
>>
>>319427742
Same way FFXIII-2 did it
>>
>>319427559
>They confirmed they'll be as long as full sized games
full-sized according to what standard? to the average game of today? they've also tweeted that it will be more like the episodes in games like walking dead, so prepare to be disappointed
>>
>>319420313
I fucking hate this reddit cancer that's infested this place.
Is there anywhere else to go?
>>
>>319427742

>Don't see how episodic can work unless they completely remove the Leveling system

What makes you think that?

Can't the game just end up at a certain point and you start the next episode with the same party you had before?
>>
File: 148895356.jpg (502 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
148895356.jpg
502 KB, 1280x720
midgar doesn’t look like open world for me at this time. look at NPCs. there is no crowd AI.
>>
>>319427751
Why not?
>>319427938
That was just some guy on twitter
>>
>But FFVII is big!
>They can't fit all of it in one modern game!
Bull-fucking-shit. You gobble up Sqeenix's lies like the biggest tool on the planet.

Final Fantasy VII
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3521
39h basic, 58h with extras, 92h for 100%.

Now have some gen 7 JRPGs that were bigger all across the board. Keep in mind, not a single one of them had even a half of FFVII's budget.
Lost Odyssey
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5393
Xenoblade
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11401
Ni no Kuni
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=6585
The last Remnant
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9999
Tales of Graces F
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9588
Resonance of Fate
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7753
Hell, even FF fucking XIII
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3532

Bottom line is, they could very easily remake FFVII with high visual fidelity without cutting any content and they still wouldn't exceed the original's budget. After all, this time around the game almost markets itself.
>>
>>319428203

It doesn't need to be open-world.

Just multiple semi-open hubs, like KOTOR, for example.
>>
>>319428152
Because what happens if you play Episode 1, decide to skip Ep 2 for reasons and jump into Ep 3 where Aeris is already dead etc. ?
Or conversely, you grind to lv 100 in Episode 1 and then continue your party into Ep 2 totally overpowered?
I think they'll either have to determine your levels for you at the start of every episode or just remove them altogether.
>>
>>319420313
No. No more than three episodes and the third game combines all key elements of the complete game in the end like a PR Megazord or I jump this vidya ship for good. Episodic is not what I waited 10 god forsaken years for.
>>
>>319428387
yeah episodic is just a stupid idea, this is an RPG, not an adventure
>>
>>319428387

>Because what happens if you play Episode 1, decide to skip Ep 2 for reasons and jump into Ep 3 where Aeris is already dead etc. ?

I don't think you should even be allowed to play the next episode if you skip one, but if they let you yeah you should get a pre-determined party (its your own fault though).

>Or conversely, you grind to lv 100 in Episode 1 and then continue your party into Ep 2 totally overpowered?

So? You can already do that in the original game, Ulilia grind his party to level 100 on the first Mako reactor.
>>
>>319420986
>Might have to pay 60 USD for each episode
>Might have to wait a year between each episode
>Each episode will only fathomably be 50gb each bcause of BD capacity
>Sales for the first one are gonna be enormous
>Sales for each subsiquent one are gonna be terrible.
>They're going to have to blow all their revenue in advertising for the next episodes if they do it this way, just to keep consistency.
>At a minimum of 3 episodes to harken to the 3 disks of yore, thats 180 USD at a minimum spanned across MULTIPUL years of development for a game that we already have a firm grasp of plot points and story development for, and are already familiar with the characters and their development.

Here are the real questions.

Main: What, The fuck, Is the actual price, Going to be?

Secondary: How much are YOU willing to pay and how late are you willing to receive the full package?

My answer: 20-30 bucks for each episode released quarterly would be perfectly fine for me. The total extra 10-20 dollars for a single game that way is negligible.

But if I gotta wait a year between episodes and gotta pay full retail for each?

Then fuck this weak ass series.
>>
>>319428697
That is to say if you're even allowed to grind, since the episodic nature implies the game will be linear. We'll have to see how that turns out though.
>>
>>319420564
>>319420986
Exhibit A: SC2. By the time part three came around no one fucking cared anymore. Original team left. Marketing didn't even try to push it. Fans weren't interested anymore. Episodic releases are cancer.
>>
This poll is so obviously rigged.

>>319428317

Look at this you fools. They're lying to you so you end up paying for something you should only have to pay for once, several times.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.