[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking of trying metro, is it any good, or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Metro_2033_Game_Cover.jpg (81 KB, 270x333) Image search: [Google]
Metro_2033_Game_Cover.jpg
81 KB, 270x333
I've been thinking of trying metro, is it any good, or is it just another railshooter?
>>
>>319419556
It's fantastic. Good story, good gunplay, Crysis-tier graphics, decently spoopy.
You'll probably run into a few bugs, but nothing too serious.
Last Light was good too, but they messed up the gunplay by adding a weapon limit, and a context based melee attack.
>>
>>319419556
its pretty linear, but it gives you a little bit of freedom. And that freedom is worth a lot in the last few levels. Last Light does this too, but its much better as you venture the big underground cities
>>
>>319419556
Metro 2033 it's good. Try to find the original version tho, I think it's better than the remastered. It gives you a fell of desolation and bitterness that other games don't. I'm currently playing Last Light, it feels similar,but more action oriented.
>>
>>319421419
>It gives you a fell of desolation and bitterness that other games don't
This meme again. Yeah, play the shitty unoptimized version because the Redux trades one graphical setting for another!
>>
>>319419738
Metro 2033 had a weapon limit. It just wasn't limited by 2.
>>
File: lWtdUPJ.gif (427 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
lWtdUPJ.gif
427 KB, 500x291
>>319421639
>tfw I've become a memer without even knowing it
Should I kill myself?
>>
>>319422238
You should have your own fun on your own terms. If suicide is how you rock and roll...
>>
File: 1449477152298.gif (2 MB, 318x239) Image search: [Google]
1449477152298.gif
2 MB, 318x239
I've played the original and remastered versions. Besides a few tweaks, you'll get mostly the same experience.

In addition to what others have said its a nice change of pace for a FPS - if you're sick of most other things on the market. The atmosphere and world is what sells it though.

Worth a try, my friend.
>>
File: GgXsbiL.jpg (48 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
GgXsbiL.jpg
48 KB, 450x600
>>319419556
Enjoyed both Redux versions despite them both running like utter fucking shit on my 970. Never found out how it fix the performance. Good games though.
>>
>>319422375
>>
set the game on the hardest setting for maximum keks

use throwing knives as your primary
save bullets for the last levels

conglaturations stalker you have completed a great game
>>
>>319419556
play the game in russian with subtitles on for true blyat experience
>>
Book is better cyka
>>
>>319424037
Yeah the book has those cannibals who believed that the tunnels were made by a giant worm. That idea is great.
>>
>>319424428
but there was a giant worm
that might actually be some drill train
>>
>>319424037
>read the book
>know from the game that people use bullets as money
>book calls them cartridges
>don't know shit about /k/
>thought cartridges meant magazines
>read halfway through the book accepting that Artyom has a magazine amulet
>>
The Metro games are on-rail shooters done pretty well. I haven't played the redux versions, but the original releases ran fine for me on a 965BE and GTX660ti.
>>
>>319419556
If you like that game try out the STALKER series. God tier imo. (But get the "Complete 2009/12" mod for Shadow of Chernobyl)
>>
>>319419556
technically during one part of the game you shoot someone while riding on a handcar on some rails so there is a chance that you will shoot a rail, it's a railshooter depending on your choice of weapons taking into account the possibility that a high recoil or high spread weapon coul probably shoot the rail on accident. You can encounter rails on many levels but you have a choice if you want to shoot them or not.
>>
>>319424428
wasn't that 2034? Or was before they find D-6?
Also, I heard 2035 is out. Is it good?
>>
>>319424037
>The russian metro was fucked up even before the bombs fell.
I still remember that scene where during the expansion of the metro a guy disappears and the others are like "It's just how things go in this place"
>>
>>319426061
2034 is shit and 2035 is supposed to be based on Last Light
>>
>>319426560
define "supposed"
>>
>>319426560
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 2034 wasn't that where Hunter is alive cuz the dark ones were disgusted by him, Artyom is a nobody working in a little station and gets killed, there's like an epidemy and the story follows 2 teens?
>>
>>319427787
it follows artyom again right after LL's good ending
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.