[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is actually a really fun squad based third person shooter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: xcom the bureau.jpg (71 KB, 650x510) Image search: [Google]
xcom the bureau.jpg
71 KB, 650x510
This is actually a really fun squad based third person shooter

Why did Xcu'ck fags have to lie to me and say it was bad?
>>
>>319418407

It's not their fault you are 13 and/or retarded and enjoy shit, OP.

It's shit in almost every single way and it even fails in being a ME clone with a shitty flanking system tacked on.
>>
It was clearly never finished, it looked awful.

I kinda liked it to be honest, its just half the game it should have been, it suffers under the X-Com name as well.

Should have just let Jordan do whatever the fuck he wanted to do. I would kill for a studio to give that guy a shitload of money and let him do whatever the fuck.
>>
>>319418407
I don't give a shit about the other XCOM games, but The Bureau is straight up trash. The squad AI is absolutely insufferable.
>>
>>319418670
It's not trying to be an RPG like Mass Effect though so you instantly failed right there famalam.
>>
>>319418906
>The squad AI is absolutely insufferable.

You are literally in command of their every move

Sounds like the only insufferable one here is you.
>>
>>319419185

ME2 clone.
>>
>>319419290

Except you fucking aren't. The pathfinding of your AI partners is fucking shit. They don't work around covers, even if you make the path so, they HAVE to jump over the cover to the next fucking cover.
>>
>>319419540
Still not trying to be like Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3 - cause Mass Effect the series has shit gameplay.
>>
>>319419636
I don't know what you're trying to say.

Without commands, they tail me to the closest cover

With a command I say to them to go behind a car. They then go behind the car.

It's really simple stuff here.
>>
>>319419948

>I don't know what pathfinding is

And no, you fucking liar. I played the game at launch. The pathfinding is shit and will fuck up your mission.

>>319419783

You know what, you have a point. It manages to copy ME's shitty gameplay perfectly and fucks up pathfinding.
>>
desu I found it kinda bland.

Then the last hour or two of the game happened and holy shit it was good.
>>
>>319420285
>>The pathfinding is shit and will fuck up your mission.
>Non-essential NPCs you bring into the field and can die and be replaced
>Fuck up your mission

m8 you never played the game
>>
JUST
>>
I wish the purist X-fags never fucked up the original FPS version of yhe game. It looked so much cooler during development.
>>
>>319418848

This.

Actual legit criticism, hence why the retarded OP hasn't replied.

If it was AyyymadmenLMAO then it would have had a chance, along with another 6-12 months dev time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.