[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you stop enjoying vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1401194922988.jpg (174 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
1401194922988.jpg
174 KB, 800x388
When did you stop enjoying vidya?
>>
>being a normie wagecuc'k
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
right now
>>
The first of January in the year 2013.
>>
>>319417982
I still enjoy smash
>>
When they became a multi-million dollar business akin to mainstream movies and television, pouring more dollars into marketing than development.

When features, mechanics and controls got simplified in an attempt to target a mainstream audience who have the attention span of a 2 year old and just want to play interactive movies filled with as much AWESOME as possible.

When companies decided that the target audience for their games weren't dedicated fans but rather the "GEEK CHIC" crowd of tumblrinas and brodudes and began changing games to cater to them.

When paid reviews and inflated scores became the influencing factor in what determines if a game is "good" or "bad" rather than personal opinion based on the quality of the product.

When patches became the excuse to release poorly coded, bug-ridden games, and DLC for lazy, half-finished stories/games, both for full price upon release.

When I grew up and realized that I would never enjoy video games the same way I did as a child, because the magic is lost
>>
When I became a "gamer". Absorbing yourself in gamer culture 24/7 really tires you out.
>>
>>319419038
Is this copypasta?
>>
>>319419038
Yes
>>
>>319419271

Freshly typed, nigga. I was inspired by the fact that I have to go to work soon.
>>
File: ragingfaggots.jpg (58 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
ragingfaggots.jpg
58 KB, 500x275
>>319419705
>>
WHEN I GOT A GF

IT'S A TRAP
>>
>>319417982
When my depression got even worse
>>
File: 1448598992601.png (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448598992601.png
23 KB, 500x500
I-I never did
I e-enjoyed Undertale not long ago!
I'm not beyond saving yet!
>>
Recently finally got a decent PC so I'm playing everything from 2012 - present
Had lost the fun, but now it's back
>>
>>319417982
When I got love hurt and even vidya couldn't help me not thinking about her. They suddendly became pointless. Still in this situation. It hurts so much.
>>
>>319417982

I haven't.

If I didn't enjoy vidya, I would stop playing it - doesn't everyone else do this?

You should always do whatever you enjoy, provided it isn't illegal or will kill you.
>>
>>319417982
I didn't?
If anything there are too many games and too little time.
>>
>>319417982
Around my last year in high school, but it comes and goes. Like, when I spend months with out sex, I start to get into vidya again. Then after I fuck 2 or 3 times, it all goes away. I try to stay interested, but really, I dont see the appeal.
>>
Dumb frogposter
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.