[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. How is it? You DID buy it, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: yakuza5jpg-14ab69_1280w.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yakuza5jpg-14ab69_1280w.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
So.

How is it?

You DID buy it, right?
>>
It's great.
>>
>>319414645
I didn't like the fourth one very much, so I'll probably play it when it's inevitably on PS+
>>
drove a taxi from 11pm to 5:30am.

got like 500k yen when i finally visited the ATM
>>
I bought it. Waiting for it to finish downloading now. 3 hours to go, been an hour already.

I didn't like 4 very much desu only 2/4 characters were enjoyable the other two the cop and the big guy whose names I forget were boring af.

I'd rather just continue to play as Kiryu.

Now it's 5 people I'm probably going to like this even less but whatever. I *need* to play it.

Yakuza 3 was the last top tier Yakuza. Yakuza Zero looks dope though. Also I really wish they'd release Yakuza Kenzan, I watched the subbed cutscenes and it might have been my favourite Yak game had I been able to play it.

Fucking Sega get your act together.
>>
can i play it on my ps4?
>>
>>319415096
Yeah that was my problem with 4 too, I'd seriously rather just play as the one character. The new one they showed at PSX looked a lot better imo.
>>
>>319415165
no
>>
I'd buy it but ive never played Yakuza before.
>>
>>319415481
you could get 3, and 4 on ps3, and emulate or buy 1, and 2 on ps2
>>
>>319414645
Waiting till Thursday, since that's when I get paid. I would have preordered it but SEGA was retarded with the EU PSN.
>>
Downloading the .pkg file for my cfw ps3. I'll buy it for my actual account once it's released in yurop.
>>
>>319416293
It is already released in Europe though?
>>
>900 minutes remaining
>>
>>319416376
I might be mixing it with Zero's release.
>>
>>319415096
>Yakuza 3 was the last top tier Yakuza
>>
I BOUGHT 4 FULL PRICE (so like $20 lel) IN SUPPORT AND I WILL BUY 5 AS WELL
>>
>>319414645
Played about 3 hours last night, loving the combat changes, and it's nice to see Kiryu finally slowing down now that he's so fucking old. His attacks feel slower but they have more weight to them.

>>319414883
Is that how you get to race? I have the side story to beat the racing gang and the substory to beat the all-female racers but I have no idea how to start racing

>>319415096
You shut your whore mouth, Tanimura's counter and grab style was fun as fuck

Besides, the fifth character in this game is just Haruka not another fighter, you can do idol pop minigames with her.
>>
>>319416939
yeah racing is part of the taxi stuff.
>>
Nope. Waiting for a better sales price. I can wait.
>>
>poorman's gta

No
>>
File: 1449004916181.gif (479 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1449004916181.gif
479 KB, 500x332
Bought it instantly.
If I want cool shit in the future, I'll have to buy cool shit in the present.
>>
Kiryu dies
>>
Install screen NEVER EVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivIcts9FEU
>>
>>319416293

No, you won't.
>>
I only watched the opening scenes before realizing I still had schoolwork. Daigo exiting the cab and Kiryu seeing Haruka on TV while the other drivers talk about how shady the idol industry is were great.

>>319417478
>Nagoshi killing off the face of this cash cow and his partial self insert
Pls
>>
Last chapter is garbage what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>319414645
absolutely
>>
Just cleared out a ton of game data for games I'll probably never play again.
I always forget that PSN needs double the displayed amount to download.
>>
How does this differ from the japanese version?

Anything censored?
>>
Wait is it digital only?
>>
>>319421158
Licensed songs and Answer x Answer(Club Sega trivia game about Japanese culture) are gone as always.

Everything else is in including Taiko no Tatsujin
>>
>>319421416
Okay thanks.
>>
>>319421416
>>319421158
Oh right I forgot the magazines are out due to them being actual magazine scans with licensing costs and everything.

>>319421239
Unfortunately yes. Buy it anyways
>>
>>319421612
I want to, this is the only game I was really looking forward to. I'd love to get some of the spinoffs over here, but I'll be happy as long as they keep porting the main series. I'm curious if they'll bring over the HD version, the translation is already done for the original games, right?

Unfortunately right now I'm in a tight spot with money, but hopefully that will change soon.
>>
File: yakuza-3-ss-8-1024x576.jpg (136 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
yakuza-3-ss-8-1024x576.jpg
136 KB, 1024x576
>>319415096
Yakuza 3 is ultra comfy, and a better game than 4 imho. Don't understand why 3 is considered the black sheep of the series.

I felt a real sense of duty looking after the orphanage as Kazuma, people bitch about that part of the game but it had me hooked. The story was believable and felt less disjointed than 4 with its multi playable characters. There are major plot points in 4 that result from loaded guns being left next to downed enemys, I stopped caring about the story after that. Hope 5 is better in that regard.

Also 3 had best ost and feels.
>>
>>319422171
3 is considered the black sheep cause of the slow start. People wanna get into the drama ASAP. Some people also believe that the supporting cast felt weak like Mine, Hamazaki, Kazama Joji, etc.

I'm biased against it because Kashiwagi died just so they'd have an excuse for the Tojo to be in turmoil

>There are major plot points in 4 that result from loaded guns being left next to downed enemys

This has always been a habit in the main games for some reason. It all comes back from when Shimano threw a grenade at Kazama back in Y1
>>
>>319422171
4 would be very short had nips mastered the ancient art of double tapping.
>>
>>319422171
I remember every video game magazine in America ripping on Y3 for the orphans being part of the story and every character has a heart of gold
>>
>>319414645
Downloading it now (I bought it BTW), but I've already played it.
It's fucking great.
>>
>>319418510
Have some faith, son. I already bought fresh copy of Dead Souls yesterday.
>>
>>319417176
This is bait-free thread, mate.

>>319418423
More like physical release NEVER-EVER.
>>
>>319422171

I fucking love 3, had some of my favorite boss fights in it.
>>
Buying it today. Have only played yakuza 4. What am I in for senpai?
>>
>>319423207
3 had some great tracks. I loved the fights with Mine, Kazama Joji, Majima, Lau, and Kanda. Plus that QTE where Kiryu unintentionally dry humps Kanda while trying to suplex Kanda is memorable.

>>319423729
Intense Taxi racing
>>
>>319414761
Exactly this, in every way.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.