[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Witcher was good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: 2779331-the-witchers-geralt.jpg (422 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2779331-the-witchers-geralt.jpg
422 KB, 1600x1200
Remember when Witcher was good?
>>
Did anyone ever figure out how brawling was supposed to work in the first game?
>>
No, it was always garbage.
>>
>>319414496
If you're trying to say that the first game is better than the third one, you can firmly shove your dumbshit opinion up your ass.
>>
>>319414496
Yes OP, last time I played Witcher 3.
Favorite game series of all time.
>>
>>319414580
No but I figured out how to exploit it. Can't remember the exact thing I used to reset the animation, it might have just been tapping block or style switch, but you can interrupt the punch animation before they're done flinching so you can trap them until you win.
>>
>>319414792
>>319414671
neo-/v/, everyone
>>
>>319414580
nope. bashed keyboard and won all fights.
>>
>>319414496
You mean earlier this year? First game is pretty awful and the second is passable at best. Even the third game becomes a bit of grind, and sure as shit didn't deserve GOTY. Bloodborne was robbed. You know it, and I know it.
>>
>>319414860
>no point found
>>
>>319414860
Fuck off newfag

"Neo-/v/" referred to awful Sony shills and fags from neogaf shitting up the site, not as a prefix for new you autistic cunt
>>
>>319414580
you click on them until they fall over

i never lost a fight, so that must be it
>>
>>319414496
>Remember when Witcher was good?
all games are garbage. 1 is pure shit, 2 was "bugs nobody will patch : the game", 3 is literally sold on the dev's e-celebrity because it's so dull and bugged.
>>
File: fedora the explorer.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora the explorer.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>319415129
>>
>>319414860
>"neo-/v/"
>first game is objectively worse than the third one

You can still shove your opinion up your ass
>>
>>319414496
Nod really
>>
I still believe the first one has the best story
>>
>>319414826
You only had to click once the enemy srarted his animation. In 95% of the time their attack would get cancelled.
>>
>>319414496
No.

The story and gameplay were never compelling. The minigame was always the best part.

The third game is the best, but only because the somehow stumbled into making a pill that's slightly easier to swallow.
>>
>>319415018
>"Neo-/v/" referred to awful Sony shills and fags from neogaf shitting up the site

Sony shills on this site are outnumbered by shills from every other fanbase, except xbox shills, which have mostly gone extinct.
>>
>>319415796
Hello Sony shill
>>
File: 1447110576789.jpg (48 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1447110576789.jpg
48 KB, 576x576
The first one is literally the alpha version, TW2 is the beta version and TW3 is the final product.

I like all the games but claiming that 3 is the worst is plain wrong. However you're not completely off the rails. Witcher 1 did do a few things better than the previous games, though not many.

Things I missed in the sequels:
- Actual stumbling around and mumbling when drunk
- Drinking duels (why did they remove this? it was hilarious)
- The potion making was a lot better. I did not enjoy how they did alchemy in Witcher 3.
- Armor was less important and was just protection instead of giving actual stats which doesnt make sense in-universe.
>>
>>319416476
am i the only one who enjoyed witcher 1's combat? when i first played it i thought it was pretty fun. although i would agree that 3's is an improvement. I would totally play a graphic updated witcher 1 with the same combat system. if they would just update all the character models so i could fap to those hot ass bitches you get cards from. shit those cards were hotter than the sex scenes we have now.
>>
The first two novels are the only good things about the series.
>>
>>319414496
When it was a book?
>>
>>319414671
it was. fuck off.
>>
>>319416901
>am i the only one who enjoyed witcher 1's combat?

honestly, I couldn't care less about the combat in an rpg. no matter if round-based or real-time, or how much control, if you give me loot and levels. I remember playing pseudo-3d bard's tale on my palm-handheld in black and white and how much fun it was, rogue and rogue-likes.

the only people who care about the combat in witcher are the casuals. they don't want to play an rpg, they don't care about rpgs at all. what they want is something that reminds them of movies and action games. they want full control over their character and just fuck shit up like in gta or skyrim.

I haven't played witcher 3 yet (because of season-pass bullshit, I wait for the complete edition), but witcher 1 > witcher 2 in terms of level-design and story. witcher 2 had great graphics compared to 1 and more direct controls for combat, but ultimatively it was just jug potions, dodge and attack, repeat ad infinitum. oh, and it was about half the length of witcher 1.
>>
>>319414496
Yes before the games came out
>>
>>319417843
The problem with witcher 2 is that they did something a little bold and decided to make an entire chapter as a branch that you wont see on your first playthrough. If they combined branches they would've trumped w1's playtime.
>>
File: 2015-04-16_00024.jpg (512 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-16_00024.jpg
512 KB, 1920x1080
>>319414496
2 > 3 > 1
>>
>>319417843
>>319418115
yes, the chapter decision, that kinda "cut" a bit out of the game on the first playthrough, you really have to play witcher 2 twice

on the other hand, every level in witcher 2 is smaller than witcher 1 levels. you never visit a real city in 2
>>
>>319418412
>How to make your casualness known to everyone: the post
>>
>>319418696
>you never visit a real city in 2

To be fair that makes a lot of sense story-wise

It'd be kind of retarded if the guy wanted for the murder of King Foltest could just walk into a major city with ease

He can get away with it in small towns like Flotsam because they don't give a fuck, and if it came down to it, between Geralt, Triss, Roche, and the Blue Stripes, they could easily massacre the entire town if they tried to imprison Geralt

Besides, we got Novigrad in TW3 which more than made up for it (though I do wish we got to see Vizima again, it was always my favorite)
>>
File: 1416071900839.png (80 KB, 784x772) Image search: [Google]
1416071900839.png
80 KB, 784x772
>>319418412
Worst opinion to have...
>>
>>319418412
Am i the only 1 who enjoyed all 3 equally?
I liked 3 so much that i bought all books.
>>
File: 1386344208884.jpg (45 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1386344208884.jpg
45 KB, 250x250
>>319418412
>>
File: A perfect trap.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
A perfect trap.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
>>319418791
>>319419127
>not enjoying the crazy political plot that also features the best characters
I want whoresons to leave.
>>
1 was shit

2 was alright

3 was alright

It's a very plain-mediocre series
>>
>>319414580
yes, it was simple
>>
>>319419203
With you there, though do you know if there have been more of the books that have been translated outside of the 1st three on the main series and The Last Wish?
>>
>>319419507
Does Iorveth show up in TW3?

Having a bunch of squirrels fighting interdimensional elves to protect Ciri would be neat as fuck
>>
>>319419698
I read the professional translated german version.
>>
>>319419598
get the fuck out and take your worthless oppinions with you
>>
>>319419598
I attest to this with my opinion that the series is more dank than you imply, and you are wrong
>>
>>319419754
Nope, he got cut, unfortunately. Still mentioned all over the files, though.
>>
File: BROCHE.png (198 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
BROCHE.png
198 KB, 350x265
It is 100% canon that Roche (hunter of elves, murderer of women and children) is a better person than Iorveth (a regular son of a whore)
>>
>>319419754
I think there's passing dialogue that he is now a pincushion.
>>
>>319418959
>To be fair that makes a lot of sense story-wise etc

Yes, story-wise, it makes sense, no denying in that. But remember how you first visit the city in 1, do stuff here and there, visit the swamp, come back for the next chapter, and suddenly you are able visit an even bigger part of the city? that was just nice, to think you have seen everything, and then the game slams another big level on you? and the village near the end, loved that shit.

what I'm saying is that witcher 1 had way more flesh to it, it was bigger and longer, while witcher 2 was way more polished but had to sacrifice overall content for it.

I still have to play the enhanced editions of witcher 2, I heard that it adds some missing content and improves the last chapter, which was pretty small
>>
>>319414496
Still is, last I remembered.
>>
2 > 1 > 3

There isn't much room between them all, but I think I liked the compact and pithy experiences of 2 and 1 more than 3. 3 was more polished and it was ambitious as Hell, I loved pretty much everything about Novigrad, but goddamn did a lot of it feel like padding. So much of the same one or two quest designs and the pacing of the game was completely fucked because of them.

If you tried to space them out throughout the story experience, you often ended up way overleveled for them. They weren't a challenge and would give you 5 xp and some garbage loot.

If you did them all at once, they still presented a challenge when you go to the fights and the loot was relevant, but the main story's pacing would be completely fucking awkward with tens and tens of hours between story beats. And then you'd run out and the fuckawful pacing of the last act would be even more apparent.

I guess I just hated the move to open world, but I still loved the game.
>>
>>319414580
One of the simplest mechanics in the game. You didn't even have to spec into it to fight and beat harder opponents. You're just baddie.
>>
>>319419964

Roche is pretty cool. He is way too nice to Geralt, he could have survived being a little less nice to be honest.
>>
>>319416992
Those were anthologies of short stories not novels.
>>
>>319414496
>implying there's a point where it wasn't.
>>
>>319419964

Yeah I fucking love Roche.

I think the only reason I didn't side with him on my first playthrough of TW2 was little to do with Roche vs Iorveth (as I did prefer Roche), but more to do with how I viewed the Squirrels vs. human establishment post-Flotsam.

Then by the end of the game, I found myself wondering what the fuck I had done.
>>
>>319420275

Yeah the sidequest xp was disgusting.

There is a mod for it though that gives you the appropriate xp for doing underlevelled quests (even grey ones).
>>
>>319414496

I remember playing Witcher 1 and thinking it was pretty good

I remember seeing gameplay of Witcher 2 and wondering where it all went so wrong
>>
>>319415431
Yeah that method works great. I didn't know that the first time I played through though so did it by just ducking their attack then hitting them after and rinse repeat. Safe but slow.
>>
>>319419698
If I recall right, you should be able to pick up the physical copy of the NA translation to Sword of Destiny now.
>>
I'm playing through the series for the first time. Currently I just started chapter 3 in Witcher 1. I'm having a lot of fun but I can see how this is going to become repetitive. Are the remaining chapters about as long as the previous chapters have been, or longer?
>>
>>319421260

1-2 are the drag, 3 onwards is fun.
>>
I honestly hate how big W3 is.
Sure its cool but 90% of that shit I will never see. I have no interest at all going to every one of the thousand of random question marks and shit all over the map.
When going through Novigrad im just following my map so I can get this shit done quickly.
There arnt any real memorable areas because it all looks the same and there is no reason for me to care. I hate having to run to the ass end of nowhere to talk to some fuck who then sends me all the way back.
The worst part is doing a quest with someone. You complete it and "hey come speak to me for reward/favor/etc". Then they fuck off back to their normal area and you have to go all the way back for said reward/favor. Why is this not part of the conversation at the end of the mission dammit.
I prefer smaller more detailed environments you get to know like in W1.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.