[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there even any good W/CRPGs Post-2010? Give me one, literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: pe-logo-915x585.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pe-logo-915x585.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
Are there even any good W/CRPGs Post-2010?

Give me one, literally just one POST-2010, this decade has been fearing up to be a dud.
>>
Divinity: Original Sin
>>
Shadowrun Dragonfall DC
>>
Pillars of Eternity is pretty great, but you put it in your OP image, so I guess you're aware of it.
>>
>>319414771
>Pretty great
Yeah, I love micro managing 5 party members every turn to get through a super lukewarm story.
>>
>>319413860
uhhh dragon age: origins - awakening
>>
>>319413860

There isn't one.

There have been attempts, but they've all been half assed and resulted in fairly mediocre games that got praise purely because there hasn't been anything like it for fucking ages.
But when you do an objective comparison, you tend to find these newer games are inferior in almost every way to older games of the same genre.

I don't know about you guys, but I do not think you can call a game good when with a bigger team and budget you cannot even do what a 20 year old game did.
>>
>>319414853
hahaha -No
>>
>>319414842
> I love micro managing 5 party members every turn
Guess what, some people don´t lack the brain to do so.
>super lukewarm story
Subjective. Sure it wasn´t an epic, but it certainly isn´t bad either.
>>
>>319415147
hahaha, oh yes.
It is not even just good, it is very good even.
>>
do people play CRPG for story and characters first and foremost or the actual character building and combat? both?
>>
Which ones have you already played?

Wait, no, don't tell us. Clearly a retarded guessing game where people post titles and you respond with a snappy shitpost is going to make for a great thread.
>>
>>319413860
I'm really not a fan of a lot of WRPG's Devs are making a lot of redundant games. Gamers like it because they are generally faggots who can only into a fantasy setting.
>>
none, but JRPGs are still trying at least.
Playing The Last Remnant now.
kinda like it and been playing for years.

if WRPGs aren't delivering, at least JRPGs will because those always deliver.
>>
>>319415326
Well, gamers like things that are the same.

You want them to make games that are the same as the ones you liked from the past.
>>
>>319415173
>super lukewarm story

he's right though. it's even more tedious than NWN2 OC.
>>
>>319415254
Both. I cant really say one is better than the other. I've loved cRPGs that have good stories and characters but bad/mediocre combat and character developing and vise versa.
>>
>>319413860
PoE is at the very worst mediocre. It's by no means worse than plenty of 90s or early 00s RPGs.

Also, I'd argue that Age of Decadence which was recently released surpasses the vast majority of older RPGs in terms of dialogue-based role playing choices.
>>
>>319415326
>Gamers like it because they are generally faggots who can only into a fantasy setting.
What are all these fantasy setting RPGs?

People who say this are in 9 out of 10 cases talking straight out of their ass.

While fantasy settings are common, they barely make up half of the titles released.
>>
>>319415173
plz dont thinkshame
>>
Underrail, it's coming out in 2 weeks and it'll blow your socks off.
>>
Diablo III
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.