[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish you were actually Solidus, in TPP. I think it would have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 4L_Smq2sBxu.jpg (12 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
4L_Smq2sBxu.jpg
12 KB, 448x336
I wish you were actually Solidus, in TPP. I think it would have been cooler.

>Solidus would know he's not Big Boss, but the player wouldn't
>He eventually becomes desensitized to the use of child soldiers
>Ending codex call has "Big Boss" accepting a mission in Angola to create an "Army of the Devil"
>Also, Ocelot cracks a joke that Solidus is so good at acting that he should go into politics

Thoughts? Or am I being retarded?
>>
John Cygan kinda reminds me of John Cena
>>
That makes a whole lot of sense
>>
>>319406843
also would have been neat, cause solidus sends liquid out in mgs1 and trained raiden in mgs2 so you would have had a lot more connections and shit there.
>>
While neat, it would require some fiddling with established canon, as Solidus was too young to reasonably resemble Big Boss at 12 years old (in real time). He would have looked more like MGS3 Big Boss than Big Boss in MGSV.
>>
>>319408102
>2 years to fully mature in a test tube
>10 years of VR

it only took Snake 5 years or so to get old with his rapid aging
>>
>>319409023
The impact of accelerated aging is exponential, that's why Snake went from looking pretty prime well into the 2000s then suddenly became an old man later on.
>>
>>319407526
DU DUDU DUUUUUUUU
>>
>>319406843
>but the player wouldn't
he wouldn't have an eyepatch
>>
Why do you keep posting this?
>>
>>319406843
didn't you make this thread yesterday?

and Solidus was a lame character in MGS2 with a crappy boss fight
>>
FEDERAL HALL!!!!!!!!!!!

also, no, mgs2 was a total trainwreck. The more the series does to distance itself from that garbage game the better.
>>
>>319406843
You made this same thread yesterday, image and all.
>>
>>319406843
We could have played the side mission where Solidus rehearses his MGS2 entrance over and over until he gets it perfect
https://youtu.be/JdzN72AXXCM?t=1m33s
>>
it hurts, /v/

Solidus Snake, aka George Sears (1972 - 2009, 2014), the perfected (balanced) genetic son of Big Boss was active in Afghanistan from 1984 - ???? as a child soldier (aged 12) disguised as the legendary soldier (his genetic father, Big Boss) which was possible due to the accelerated aging programmed into his genes, which was more prominent in the third son.

After undergoing an unknown operation in 1984, the hospital he resided at was attacked by none other than Big Boss himself, in an attempt to foil The Patriots attempt to use his offspring as the mascot they originally wanted Boss himself to be. The failed attempt results in Solidus' deployment to Afghanistan to rescue valued Cipher (Patriots) agent Kazuhira Miller, now held captive by XOF (Big Boss), whereupon he meets with fellow Agent of the Patriots, Revolver Ocelot, who subsequently briefs him and then satirically tells him to "let the Legend come back to life".

After his work in Afghanistan concludes, he begins working undercover for the CIA and is deployed to Liberia in the late 1980s to help in the Civil War front. Due to his (ongoing) history and familiarity with the breed, he begins the Small Boy Unit, a child soldier faction of the Army of the Devil, whereupon he recruits the orphaned Jack (Raiden) for both the Small Boy Unit, and The Patriots.

After his work in Liberia comes to an end, he begins Phase 2 of The Patriots plan; To implement their "Big Boss" as the President of the United States, and end the legacy of their once valued posterchild. During this time, Kazuhira Miller, still acting on behalf of The Patriots and mysteriously cutting off all contact with Big Boss, works with Boss's genetically "superior" son, David (Solid Snake) to take down Big Boss, against the former's knowledge.

Finally, Solidus' would be a program used in Raiden's (Jack) training during the 2009 Big Shell VR incident, leading his current status to be ultimately unknown.
>>
>>319413797
>mgs3 was a total trainwreck. The more the series does to distance itself from that garbage game the better

FTFY
>>
File: Carlton.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Carlton.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>319410781
Yes he would.

"Big Boss" is an icon. Eyepatch. Cigar. It's all part of the act.

You don't really think Jack is Big Boss, do you?
>>
>>319415420
???
solidus gets his eyepatch in MGS2 because his eye gets injured
there would be no reason for him to have an eyepatch in any game featuring him prior to sons of liberty
so no one would ever mistake him for Big Boss
unless it's a story where solidus outright pretends to be Big Boss, which wouldn't work either, because at the time Solidus is an adult, Big Boss already looks way older than him
>>
>>319415809
>it's a story where solidus outright pretends to be Big Boss

That's exactly what it would be.

>at the time Solidus is an adult, Big Boss already looks way older than him

Solidus is physically an adult in 1984. He's a paramilitary for the CIA throughout the 80s, and is described as a child soldier, because mentally he IS a child. Solidus is the inspiration for MGR's entire plot, The Sears Program, extracting child's brains, training them with VR, and implanting them in adult bodies.
>>
>>319416285
memes aside, how the hell did MGR:R end up with a better plot than the last two MGS games?
>>
>>319411086
Based retard
>>
>>319416285
>That's exactly what it would be.
that would be retarded and wouldn't work
>Solidus is physically an adult in 1984
at which point Big Boss is already an old man
>>
>>319406843

my Roman name is Solidus Augustus Caesar
>>
>>319406843
>"Raiden, I want you on my side. As you can see my arguments are completely valid and after all you've been through, it would be nonsensical not to cross over and help me, a literal saint, win over the forces of evil. Oh and by the way I killed your parents FIGHT ME NOW OR DIE!!!!!"

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: TPPBigBossPP.png (474 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
TPPBigBossPP.png
474 KB, 600x515
>>319416657
>that would be retarded and wouldn't work

It's literally why Solidus was created you dingus. He was MADE to be Big Boss. Why the fuck do you think he was genetically engineered to LOOK EXACTLY LIKE JACK

>at which point Big Boss is already an old man
>pic related
>old
>>
>>319416498
George Lucas situation.

People (Platinum guys) being able to call George Lucas (Kojima) bullshit and tone It down
>>
Where's Max Payne?
>>
File: 1449570872276.jpg (111 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1449570872276.jpg
111 KB, 350x350
>>
>>319416929
olga's child onii-senpai
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.