[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to Halo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: halo3.jpg (286 KB, 1247x1600) Image search: [Google]
halo3.jpg
286 KB, 1247x1600
What happened to Halo?
>>
>>319404398
Halo 4
>>
>>319404586
This, the MC saga at least, should have ended at 3.
>>
>>319404398
i dont even know, it just started to go, really bad.
>>
>>319404398
It didn't end, dead franchise post trilogies, just like muh Police Acadamy + Young & Dangerous + Fast n Furious.. .gets better with time, ;^)
>>
They are doing it fine compare to other console franchises.
>>
the original creators got tired of it
>>
>>319404758
>>319404586
You both mean Reach.

3 was the last pure halo game, ODST was a good side game. Reach was everything wrong with Halo, which 4 basically carried on the legacy of shit that it added.
>>
>>319405281
Halo 4 didn't have to follow Halo: Reach.
>>
It got progressively more shit with each subsequent title, then got kinda decent again with the most recent one.
>>
>>319405337
The only thing that is good about five is the gameplay, which is great. The guns are balanced well and the movement is great. Literally everything else 343 is doing is awful
Lack of maps, modes, awful campaign that has required reading to understand what the fuck is going on in it, lack of forge, lack of fileshare, lack of customs, shit nigga it's easy to go on.
>>
>>319405310
It actually did. Fans of the series were expecting 343 to follow up on everything added in Reach. When Bungie left however, fans were all of a sudden resistant to these changes that they used to love.

I guess the good ol' saying really applies here.

It's okay when Bungie does it.

THough I guess now that 343 knows they can't please these fans, they went with something different with 5. Which older fans still cry foul. 343 literally cannot win. They make it the same, people complain. They do something different, people complain.
>>
>>319405467
That's why I said it's kinda decent. The framework is there, but the content is not. For all the custom game options we lost, we got some cool ones like strafe speed and grenade modifiers.

But the gameplay is there, which is more than I can say about the later Bungie titles.
>>
>>319405478
>When Bungie left however, fans were all of a sudden resistant to these changes that they used to love.

What are you talking about? Only casual retards like Reach's changes and the first thing 343 did was TU testing that confirmed it.

They didn't have to keep those features, or remove flag juggling and descoping.

Its good that they finally understand they can make solid Halo gameplay a priority.
>>
>>319405731
>or remove flag juggling
In all fairness, Bungie did it first.
>>
>>319405731
Now if only they can understand the importance of level design in arena fps.
There's like two or three decent maps at most.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.