[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games you can think of that you like and think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: lloyd.png (80 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
lloyd.png
80 KB, 375x360
What are some games you can think of that you like and think are really good, but at the same time you admit the game is really easy to beat?
>>
File: 1395212689318.png (200 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1395212689318.png
200 KB, 700x500
Official Kirby thread.

Everyone get in here.
>>
>>319401730
This to be desu senpai
>>
It's better when games are easy. More people can enjoy them. It's not like you can't make a game harder with difficulty levels or self-imposed challenge, anyhow.
>>
>>319401876
A hard mode is almost never as well made as a hard game with no difficulty modes, and are usually not well done in general.
Fuck difficulty modes.
>>
>>319402062

I disagree, even God Hand has difficulty levels.
>>
>>319402062
>tfw most devs take on hard mode is just making everything more tedious
Doubling the HP does fucking nothing more than extend the time it takes to kill shit.
>>
>>319402191
In fairness, in something like an rpg where everything is pure numbers and it isn't action-based, there isn't much more you can do than just give the boss bigger numbers.

Yeah you can give them new attacks and strategies, but that's still just number manipulation.
>>
>>319402153
There are some games with difficulty levels I feel are well done, but they add absolutely nothing of worth to most games and I don't understand why people actively want them included in games.
>>
>>319402397

Higher challenge, dickstroking to say you beat Dante Must Die mode.
>>
>>319402369
>new attacks and strategies
>just number manipulation
No, not really.

And either way, the complaint about just changing some numbers to adjust health or damage or whatever is that it doesn't really change the way you play the game, it just makes everything take longer, or punishes you more harshly for mistakes.
New attacks and strategies from bosses would absolutely change the way you fight them.
>>
>>319402369
>new attacks and strategies
>just number manipulation
nobody can be this fucking stupid
>>
File: 1440788307247.png (3 MB, 1912x2028) Image search: [Google]
1440788307247.png
3 MB, 1912x2028
Persona 3 FES
>>
>>319401730

That's it then.
>>
File: 1447314197862.jpg (765 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
1447314197862.jpg
765 KB, 2592x1936
>play MMZ2
>find out about EX skills after beating about 3 bosses
>reset my file, I wanna get all EX skills
>get to Phoenix Magnion with that S rank
>he grabs me and summons characters from past games in the series to attack me

I loved that

> really good, but at the same time you admit the game is really easy to beat?

uh... I was going to say RE4 Wii Edition, but on Pro if you fuck up just a little bit you're dead so I can't mention that

I don't know, the games I'd mention I feel like they're easy because I've learned into them enough
>>
Any JRPG really. At least recent ones.
>>
>>319401584
Hotline miami
>>
>>319401584
Yoshi's Island on SNES.
>>
Undertale
>>
>>319403101
I want to buy that bird a new ice cream after Kurusu forgot to get her another one.
>>
>>319401876
Kingdom Hearts says otherwise. Always played in the hardest difficulty and trust its way better than playing in easy mode. Kingdom Hearts 2 fm in critical mode is just great.
>>
Fairy fencer f.

Not ecactly "really" good, but fun enough for me to like it despite all the obvious flaws. But it was WAY too easy so I dropped it.
>>
>>319401584
Paper Mario.
>>
A lot of them. Difficulty can add to quality but it isn't a prerequisite, there are plenty of very easy games that are incredibly good. I can probably think of more good games that I consider easy than good games I consider hard, at least at normal difficulty settings.

Every Kirby game, hell pretty much every Nintendo game after the SNES with a few exceptions, almost every good JRPG that isn't SMT (Chrono Trigger for example is a classic and is babbymode), Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, and it goes on.

For a really specific example though, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is my favourite game in the series even though it's also one of the most piss-easy games in the series.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.