[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about this game... I dont know much about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-22-15-50.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-22-15-50.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
What does /v/ think about this game...

I dont know much about much less heard of it
>>
it's quirky and inspired by a show they've never watched but has a cult following. /v/ loves it.
>>
I thought it was horseshit, but I've never seen the show its ripping off and apparently that's a big part of the appeal.
>>
It's shoddy ripoff of RE4 with LOLWACKY characters that will tear your beating heart out and stomp it into an unrecognizable mush in the last quarter.
>>
>>319398534
Shittiest best game of all time
>>
>>319398534
From a gameplay perspective it's terrible, but made with a lot of love for both videogames in general and Twin Peaks. It's got a very incompetent charm, and doesn't take itself too seriouslt (mostly). Fun.
>>
>>319398534
It's pretty much Twin Peaks meets Silent hill the game

I like the the story, and the Animal Crossing style meet&greet town with a colorful cast of characters, the mystery, the amount of interaction and everything in general, but the combat is pretty shitty

In fact, I'd say the combat is pretty much this game's downfall as it was shoehorned in by investors at the last minute (we literally want the Re4 audience). It's pretty bland, but it only gets worse because
>very little enemy variety (4 types, not including the raincoat man on the cover, and 90% of which are the first enemies you encounter)
>said reoccuring enemies get more health in later stages, making them more tedious to fight
>the above, but that fucking long-haired ghost girl that takes ages to kill because she recoils from damage, repeatedly entering a state with i-frames

The only other problem is that this game doesn't work well on PS3 (framerate drops out the ass) and crashes a lot on PC. It might as well be a 360 exclusive (which sucks because the Director's Cut is for PC and PS3 only, but still doesn't fucking work)

The only other thing I can say is that it made me watch Twin Peaks, which was bretty gud imo
>>
File: Maddy_Ferguson.jpg (40 KB, 622x477) Image search: [Google]
Maddy_Ferguson.jpg
40 KB, 622x477
>>319398534
Season 1 Maddy was best Peaks girl tbqh familia
>>
Played it up until the first combat sections. Fucking godawful.
>>
>>319398534
Unplayable on pc, the port is a crime
>>
File: 2015-10-23_00001.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-23_00001.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
>>319398534

Pretty good and varied soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Qvdv4ba04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlgjtKPtpT8
>>
File: 1448469541291.jpg (178 KB, 785x979) Image search: [Google]
1448469541291.jpg
178 KB, 785x979
It's a pretty terrible game gameplay wise, but everything else about it makes it pretty fun. The characters, the music, the scenarios the game places you in, the cheesiness of everything, the voice acting, it's all pretty great.

You also enjoy it more if you've seen Twin Peaks, or have watch it as you go through the game.

That's what I did. Played DP, hated it because the gameplay sucked and it wasn't really doing anything for me, then watched Twin Peaks, got back into DP. Watched Twin Peaks over the course of playing DP, and loved both.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.