[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: brothers_hero.jpg (158 KB, 613x331) Image search: [Google]
brothers_hero.jpg
158 KB, 613x331
THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD!!
>>
OK!!
>>
It's not and the brother deserved it. Ripping her legs off one by one was just a cunt move.
>>
Eh, I liked it but it never really got "amazing" for me. The two-character gimmick was interesting but the game never pushed it to its limit, it felt like wasted potential. Ultimately the game just wanted to show off its (admittedly very pretty) environments and tell a rather predictable story.

Still I have to give it credit for it actually being a video game and not just long string of cutscenes like Until Dawn or [insert any modern Telltale game here]. You can be "cinematic" without forgetting that vidya is an interactive medium.
>>
No replay value whatsoever. But good atmosphere like Ico and great ost.

https://youtu.be/ohioqVfRwWs
>>
>>319396108
Half the time I would be controlling the wrong brother. I have to keep them in certain positions just to make it feel fluid.
>>
>>319396234
That's what I like about it so much is the atmosphere was so good. I will admit the story was a little bit stupid when you think about it. If I was one of the kids I'd just say fuck it and go back home.
>>
>>319396108
>Still I have to give it credit for it actually being a video game

this is what I like about it. Its a heavily story focused game, yet does most of its best storytelling through level design, gameplay and controls, not exposition. Beats the hell out of most games where story is delivered through cut-scenes and dialogue checks between actual gameplay
>>
It's not a good game. It's 3 hours of build to make the final moment when you use both analog sticks for one brother matter. I appreciated it at that moment, but a waste of time overall.
>>
They were totally on the Limbo dark bandwagon with that spider shit.
>>
It's no masterpiece, but going into it expecting nothing but a time-waster for an hour before bed left me very pleasantly surprised.
It's an example of an artsy storytelling game that successfully integrates gameplay and takes advantage of its medium, rather than merely having gameplay because it's obligated to.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.