[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New GC "Wii U" controllers GC/Wii compatible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_3836-images1837616509.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3836-images1837616509.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
I googled it but all I couldn't find any decent answer.

Does the newly released GameCube styled controllers for Smash Bros U work on a GameCube or an early Wii with GC retrocompatibility? Are they simple rereleases of the old GC pads with a new deco or do they have anything different?

My nephew wants a GC for Christmas and I can find some in really good state but the controllers, especially the C stick, are always looking pretty scrappy so I'd rather buy him a set of these new ones of they work with it.
>>
No it doesn't I tried
>>
File: signalling landing planes.gif (648 KB, 215x266) Image search: [Google]
signalling landing planes.gif
648 KB, 215x266
Yeah they do, my white n black smash 4 ones work, they are exactly like a new gcn controller just with the smash logo.
>>
Yes it does.

But it can't be used to play Brawl if you put the disc in the Wii U, that's the case for old GC controller too.
>>
anon above me is trolling. it works fine, it's still just a gamecube controller after all
>>
>>319394038
It's the only controller I have for my Gamecube. Works fine
>>
>>319394038
Dude it's the same gc controller with the same conector made on 2014/2015. Step up anon.
>>
Yeah I plugged it into my Wii, it's just rebranding
>>
>>319394320
The anon above you is stating a fact. If you put Brawl into your Wii U and play Brawl through Wii Mode, you can't use it, because the Wii U has no gamecube controller ports. You can't use the adapter in Wii mode, it is only compatible with Smash 4.

You can use it for Brawl on the Wii, and Melee on the Gamecube, and any other Gamecube controller compatible game, obviously. That's why you need to buy an adapter to use it for the Wii U.
>>
>>319394154
>>319394205
>>319394249
>>319394320
>>319394354
>>319394395

Don't listen to these fags. I bought 4 of these on Smash 4 release and they don't work for my Gamecube. I had an old gamecube but no controllers.
>>
Bought one so I could have two GC controllers for Wii. Works exactly like any other GC controller.
>>
>>319394154

Fuck you,you piece of shit.
>>
File: Ganonfeel.jpg (19 KB, 479x257) Image search: [Google]
Ganonfeel.jpg
19 KB, 479x257
I hate you people. I wish just once we could collaborate. Gamers always should.
>>
compatabile with gc and any backwards compatible wii
compatible with wii u if you have adapter (Get mayflash 4port or official)
get a wii instead of a gc theyre dirt cheap easily pirated for and has cheaper component cables
>>
>>319394442
LIES!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.