[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of Crash would you like if they ever make a new game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: thanks.jpg (49 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
49 KB, 760x428
What kind of Crash would you like if they ever make a new game?

Stylistically, I think it should most resemble the first two games, and have physics closest to 2. I hope they don't go the route of 3 and make it overly goofy and have an abundance of shorter and gimmicky levels. Also, get rid of the unlockable powers and stupid time trials. Those sucked.
>>
>>319393515
As long as it has an overworld like 1 and not a lame series of hubs I don't care which game it feels like
>>
> What kind of Crash would you like if they ever make a new game?

If I was made creative director of a new Crash game and given as much freedom as I wanted and an ampe budget this is what I would do:

A remake of the first one, showing Crash's origins and going through a series of linear levels in linear order (EG not Warp Rooms like 2 and 3) over 3 islands with a bunch of bosses and a couple vechile levels thrown in as well.

> Begining
Cutscene showing Cortex, Brio and N.Gin (I'd add him to the story because he's cool and theres no reason for him not to be there) in a lab with a bunch of cages with names of animals on them (forshadowing bosses, much like the original). Two Bandicoots (Crash and Coco, not Twana) are in cages waiting to be experiemented on some more. After giving some evil exposition of his plans to take over the world, Cortex is going to pick a Bandicoot to do something to.

At this point you momentarily control Cortex's arm and can choose either Crash or Coco. Whoever you pick is released from the cage and about to be anal probed or something when a mysterious electrical surge momentarily breaks all the equipment and you escape his grasp, also the one you didnt pick gets out of thier cage as well.

This is where you get proper control, and learn how to move/jump/spin/slide etc.. in a tutorial level escaping the labratory. The other Bandicoot runs a little bit ahead, demo'ing how to do stuff. Its mind-numbingly easy, but there'd be lasers and Cortex yelling making it exciting, not to mention a storm outside the castle.

After the tutorial level you eventually come to a ledge with no where to go, you and your AI Bandicoot get ready to jump into the ocean, but as you leap Cortex out of no-where grabs the one you didnt pick and stuffs them in a cage as you fall into the ocean.

After a fade to black you wash up on the beach 3 islands away from Cortex's Castle, but you can see it in the distance. Without words the players motivation is clear.

Cont.
>>
Multiplatform
>>
Openworld with FPS elements.
>>
Hub worlds
Gameplay shifts from 3d to 2d and vice versa.
>>
Cross-platform. Let everyone from Sonyggers to Mustards to Nintenyearolds partake.
>>
>>319393515
Similar to the first jak and daxter one big open island with crystals and gems instead of precursor orbs.

Crystals power elevators to old school style crash levels as a nod to its roots.

Move expansion like crash 3, double jump, glide spin etc.
>>
>>319393515
Same formula as 3, just new levels
No new gimmicks
No new 'innovations'
Make it fun, vibrant and hard
Anything more than this is doomed to fail
>>
>>319393515
I agree with everything you said except
>get rid of time trials
Fuck you. All games should have time trials.
>>
>>319401509

I just wish they'd make a new Jak1-style Jak game.
>>
>>319397956
Yap ps4 and ps vita
>>
File: 1449219770104.png (656 KB, 850x610) Image search: [Google]
1449219770104.png
656 KB, 850x610
>>319402389
This
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.