[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trade my PC for a PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: MGSV.png (300 KB, 598x338) Image search: [Google]
MGSV.png
300 KB, 598x338
I need a advice /v/. I'll trade my half-year old PC for a 500 GB PS4 with 3 Controller, a headset and Destiny. I'll trade it on Saturday, so I got some time to rethink about it.

My problem with everything is, I don't know if I really want to do this. My PC is decent, but games like Shadow of Mordor or Witcher 3 don't really play fluid on my GTX 750 Ti, which I just bought a few months ago. I know I could buy a new graphic card, but I'm too dumb to build my PC to a better one and to be honest, I don't want to spend so much money every month/year for new parts and as I said I have not the knowledge about PCs.

To get to detail why I just don't buy a PS4: I can't have two 'gaming consoles', because I don't like this feeling of leaving the other one 'behind'. I know it's stupid.

I'm sorry, if it sounds like a blog entry, this was not my purpose. I would be happy, if anyone could help me here. Thanks in advance.

And I don't want to start a PC vs PS4 thread. I just want advice, if I should trade or not. Like a pro/con list.

My specs, if it helps you:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
8,00 GB RAM
GPU: 2048MB Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti StormX OC Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16
Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Thanks to everyone who will respond and help me and have a nice week bros.
>>
Pros of not being an idort:

Cons of not being an idort:
Your problem.
>>
>>319393296
Have you tried running your games on lower settings or resolution?
>>
>>319393296
Hmmm let's see. Full priced games or a PC that can do everything the Playstation can do but better and your graphics card and processor are worth more than the Playstation. Plus you get the option of not paying for any games.

I'm not even sure if I'm getting trolled or not.
>>
File: hey paul.jpg (225 KB, 723x917) Image search: [Google]
hey paul.jpg
225 KB, 723x917
I can't tell if you're a scammer or an autist. But you can tell if I've got a 7.
>>
File: unnamed.png (124 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
124 KB, 506x900
Sony is the worst company

Dont
>>
>Getting a console
>For one game
>Ever
>Not being an idort
Holy shit.
Simply put, if you're having fucking doubts about this then don't fucking do it.
>>
>>319393624
How about all them PC exclusives
>>
whoever's trading with you is not your friend
>>
>>319393296
Sony shills at full force.

Your GPU is a LOW END, BUDGET card. It's not meant to play games at Ultra settings + 60fps. However, it CAN get easy 30-35 average in Witcher 3, with medium settings.

ALL the other specs are PERFECTLY FINE. If you'd get GTX 970, you could easily run those gaems at 1080p / High / 60fps.

tl;dr: Unless you want to pay 70€ / game, and enjoy shitty 900p + 30fps, keep your machine.
>>
>>319393887
I know all PC exlcusives are being mocked by /v/ nowadays but if you don't like them then sell your PC. No one really gives a fuck besides you. I am sure you know exactly whay this thread will contain. I am 100% sure this thread won't make up your mind too so lel
Shit thread
>>
>>319393296
Get your PC back and upgrade GPU card this Christmas.

Next year upgrade CPU.

Next year later, upgrade RAM with 8 more GIGS.

>Play till 2020 without problems.

your wellcome.
>>
>>319394770
to be honest, unless we get another 2004 style spec-pusher boom in near future, I can totally see OP's machine lasting up to 2020 as it is now, once the GPU is changed that is.

I still run my 2011 built i5 2500 + 8GB + 560ti 1GB + W7 Ultimate, and I still don't see any reason to upgrade anything. Games are still mostly GPU-dependent, so as long as you're packing a decently clocked 4-core, you are fine.
>>
>Buy obsolete gpu that is barely even entry tier when it came out
>Somehow surprised that it doesn't run games that well
>>
OP here thanks so far. I know I could upgrade my PC, but a GTX 970 costs almost as much as a PS4. That's way too much for me right now. Also could someone tell me which PC exclusives are there or good multiplats for PC. I know it sounds dumb to everyone, but PC gaming ruined my fun. I can't stand to play Witcher 3 right now, because no matter my settings, it drops below 30 FPS and I don't even know why. I could change my resolution and that is the only solution to get good settings and locked 30 FPS, but it looks strange. Sorry for being an idort, but I just want opinions/advices that's all bros.
>>
>>319394939
Will skylake and DDR4 change anything or are they just another number-pushing gimmick?
>>
>>319393296
>games like Shadow of Mordor or Witcher 3 don't really play fluid on my GTX 750 Ti

They're going to run about the same or worse on a PS4.
>>
>>319395039
>I can't stand to play Witcher 3 right now, because no matter my settings, it drops below 30 FPS and I don't even know why.
See
>>319395038

The rest of your PC is more or less okay. If you just buy a new GPU it can more or less handle stuff well. Also excepting games that are made to be system killers to run well on anything than high end at high settings is silly. Also remember that most console games are 720p30 fps whereas most pc games are 1080p 60fps.
>>
>>319395089
Skylake is at best a 10% increase, so: Incremental and minorly noticeable.

I'm not really as knowledgeable about ram, but I think DDR4 is only going to be a moderate push forward at best. RAM scales slower than CPUs and GPUs nowadays.
>>
>>319393296
>My problem with everything is, I don't know if I really want to do this
You don't. Why the hell would you change a super versatile AND upgradeable, 1080p capable multimedia + gaming system, to an inferior, 720p / 30fps one, that also has paid online and expensive as fuck games?

>>319395089
DDR4, nope. RAM in general has veeery little effect on gaming. You just need to have enough of it to run the game and the OS simultaneously, to which 8GB is still safe.

Hard to say anything about Skylake yet, but I doubt it'll be a huge game changer just yet. Laptops will probably get the most out of it, thanks to the promised lower power + lower temperatures, with increased power.

>>319395039
My suggestion to you: Keep your PC, and then WAIT.
Wait for the new DX12 cards to come out in 2016. This will make the prices of older cards drop significantly.

If you are in a hurry, get either 770 4GB, or 960 4GB.
you can sell your 750ti for 100-150 bucks.
>>
>>319394939
OP here. But could I not buy a PS4 for less money and play also up to 2020? And to be honest I don't really know how to build a PC.
>>
>>319395295
>you can sell your 750ti for 100-150 bucks.
I would be shocked if he gets that much money for 750 ti.
>>
>>319395394
Do you know how lego blocks work? Changing a gpu is literally press a switch remove previous card from slot push the new card into the slot and maybe use the screwdriver once. You may also have to install drivers which mostly consists of pressing next.
>>
>>319393296
so you trade 600+ dollar pc for 400 dollar console
sell your pc for cash and buy used ps4 + gaems
>>
>>319395295
Thanks for your response bro.

Are you sure that all PS4 games are 720p/30 FPS? They look really nice to be honest.
>>
>>319395683
>all PS4 games are 720p/30 FPS?
it's bullshit
>>
>>319395683
>Are you sure that all PS4 games are 720p/30 FPS? They look really nice to be honest.
There are some exceptions but basically it is incredibly rare to find a 1080p 60 fps console game aside from some rare racing games. The most recent example of a game that runs well on consoles is star wars battlefront but its a shit game aside from its technical successes.
>>
Just upgrade the GPU. Holy shit.
>>
>>319395394
Your PC is more expensive than a PS4, runs games better than it, has more games, has cheaper (or free) games, has free multiplayer, can do all sorts of shit that only PCs can do, and it can be upgraded to run better. If you want to get a PS4 regardless then that's your call, but the only real benefit is a couple of mediocre exclusives, Bloodbourne, and it being casual-proof.

Upgrading a GPU is literally the most basic shit possible. Watch a video on it and you'll see what people are talking about with lego blocks. You just unscrew your current one, pull it out, put the new one in, and screw it in.
>>
If you want the exclusives PS4 is getting next year, your only loss is monetary provided the value of your PC is greater than that of the PS4. You may benefit from selling your part individually, no? In any case, if you don't really like rising sun gook fucker games which mainly happen to be PS4 exclusive then you should re-think your decision. Games need to be the deciding factor here, its the biggest thing that differentiates PC from PS4 and it has got everything to do with your taste in games.
>>
>750 Ti
>Somehow surprised things run like shit

Just sell it and get a GTX 970 or R9 390. It won't be more expensive in the long run when you consider PC games are cheaper and no online fees. And you'll get 1080p/60 FPS on most games rather than 900p/30 FPS
>>
>>319395394
Literally:
>Open the case
>unscrew GPU
>pull out GPU from motherboard
>get other GPU
>put it in the same spot
>screw it in
Done.
>>
>>319396196
Don't forget that you need to pull off the incredibly complex operation of putting two six pin cables in place.
>>
>>319393887
Bread/grass/stone simulator are the best PC exclusives in last 2 years.
>>
This thread seems relevant to me.
I really wanna play Bloodborne but I don't really want anything else on the system. Average cost of the PS4 is some ~$300 and the game plus dlc is, what? $60? All for 1 game. Someone please talk some financial sense.
>>
If you can afford ps4,you can afford 970. If you get it you will have a gaming machine that is twice as good, has no paid online, cheaper or free games. There are hardly any worthwhile console exclusives left, multiplats are better on pc. If you are really too much of a chicken to replace gpu, just ask the store to do it for you, they should do it for free or few dollars. So, far it sounds like you already made up your mind to buy ps4 and just want us to validate your terrible idea
>>
>>319395683

Ps4 is inferior to the 750ti and it has less npcs and looks worse

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gGf4SVWEw2g

Personally I'd switch the video card out come dx12 cards
>>
>>319395394
Dude, use logic.

Games on PC are have a HUGE DISCOUNT even during PRE-PURCHASES.

I know people o bought Just Cause 3 for 18€, Fallaout 4 for 25€, pre-purchased Darsiders 3 for 30€ !

You can find this prices on PS4 only YEARS after the release of this games.

Dude, go take back your fucking PC and show him some love.

Don't know how to build a PC ?
Google it anon, stop being a cry baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8-UIUYq_o
>>
>>319396339

Don't forget 50 bucks to play online
>>
File: 1448170606167.jpg (3 MB, 2610x2989) Image search: [Google]
1448170606167.jpg
3 MB, 2610x2989
>>319396339
Do you mean that's all it has that you want right now? Or including the 2016 line up? You can always buy games for cheaper from international retailers
>>
>>319393296
Well, if you go with PC, just please, dont end up like those total cunts from mustard race.
>>
I was actually considering buying an xbox one just to play the new doom and witcher 3 maybe with oculous rift support. alot of anons were calling me a retard for considering this as my final bow before leaving the hobby and they were right, because the xbox one doesn't support a rift straight up and you still need a p.c despite what all the click bait articles stated.

However i'm not keen on dropping like $1000+ to play 2 games no matter how much i like doom and witcher.
>>
>>319396532
All that interests me is BB on PS4.
>>319396529
Is that $50 a month or year? I'd be able to live without "live" until I finish the PVE content and hunger PVP.
Arcane PVP with the milkweed rune looks fun.

What FPS and resolution does BB run at?
>>
>>319396518
Darks Souls 3, my bad.
>>
>>319396532
No idea why that last doesn't include console exclusives like FFXV and KH3
>>
>>319396773
1080p/30fps
>>
>>319396787
>Final Fantasy XVfps
>>
>>319396679
>consoles
>oculus rift
The best you can hope for is VR minecraft
>>
After I built a PC I more or less stopped using my PS4. Games look worse, run worse, no modding and there's paid online on the PS4.

All I use it for is FIFA multiplayer whenever I got friends over really. Even then that could be done if I just hooked my PC to my TV.
>>
>>319396884
funny guy but, not even going to lie consoles are underpowered, its a $300 box, there's no secrets
>>
>>319396819
Really? 1080? That's a surprise.
So, ~$410 for everything. I can buy a nice bolt action rifle or shotgun or new monitor with a higher refresh rate and resolution or gpu or just saving it.
>>
>>319396918

Post a pic of your ps4 and time stamp

Yes Im mad and don't believe you.
>>
>>319397147
Why are you mad tho?
>>
>>319397147
I'm posting from my phone at work. Not sure why you think it's so unbelievable.
>>
>>319397263
I have a PC with more than 700 games only on Steam, a PS3 with 2 moves, the camera, 1 wonderbook and a decent ammount of games (nearly 80), a GBAMicro with a Flash Card and a soft Modded Playstation GO.

I'm looking for a modded Original Xbox.
>>
>>319393296
Your PC will play everything slightly better than a PS4. If u replace your GPU only, you will be set for this generation and outperform PS4 by miles. Plus your games will cost less than console versions. Don't trade your PC for a PS4, thats a bad move.
>>
>>319396339
Just wait for Dark Souls 3 and you won't think about Bloodborne.
>>
>>319396591
Theres cunts on both sides anon. Every single side has cunts in it.
>>
>>319397995
Not denying that, anon. Just, when some of my friends got PC primarly for gaming, a few of them started with this typical mustard behavior.
>>
>>319393296
You're a fucking idiot if you think that's a good idea.
>>
>Wanting to trade a PC for a console
>Getting rid of potential for a kids toy
>Don't switch out GPU because you're "too dumb to"
You sure are, you fucking dumb faggot.
Why don't you do something productive with your life?
PC's aren't just meant for gaming, I built mine for making 3D models, music, photoshop, and rendering photos I take.
>>
>>319393296
Witcher 3 drops below 30fps on PS4 as well. Fallout 4 too. So will future games. (And will probably drop res to 900p to remain higher graphics settings)
>>
>>319397827
Why would he? BB is a revamped version of a dying franchise.
>>
>>319397436
I still don't understand why you are mad. You just listed reasons why you shouldn't be mad, man.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.