[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is what Undertale fans actually believe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
This is what Undertale fans actually believe.
>>
woah
tl;dr
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16 KB, 320x371
>>319392283
>MUH FEELINGS
>>
>>319392283
but this isn't what I believe

I believe undertale is a decently fun game that was easily worth $10 and I enjoyed myself wholly with it.
>>
>>319392283
>baby's first morality system

jesus who are these people, undertale is far from the first game to pull this you know?
>>
>>319392283
Is this supposed to be bait or something?

There is nothing wrong with what that guy said. He's mostly right about everything that required factual basis. Yes, the game does go out of its way to break the fourth wall and establish a "What if" scenario. If you have the power to do fucked up shit and reverse it with no consequence: If you would do it in a game, you would do it in real life. The only thing stopping us from doing it in real life is an attachment to the contract of guilt and burden, which is lacked in most videogames. Without the potential for consequence, most people would kill simply out of curiosity.

But that's besides the point, and that starts to wax philosophic quite quickly. On the other hand, when he's not stating fact, he's stating opinion, that he likes those certain events, and his personal portrayal as to what they mean.

There isn't anything wrong with that picture, and your implication of it BEING wrong leads me to believe that you think that people who analyze the things they like are autismos, which in turn leads me to believe with nothing but the simple seven words you typed that you're a faggot.
>>
>>319392283
lel the author is just a dumb child. He didnt even understand the mechanics and knew how to save Toriel the first time he played is a dead giveaway. Also
>phylosophy
>>
>>319392831
So basically all Undertale fans are sociopaths.

I, for one, have never killed anyone.
>>
>>319392964
I sometimes rag on people for not sparing Toriel the first time around.

But when the demo came out a year and a half ago, I was decently perplexed by it. I sort of went dick neutral at first, then got the hint and went full Spare-Mode a second time around. Back when the game was in its kickstarter state, there werent so many red flags flying everywhere that this was a game where no one had to die. When I played this game and entered threads, never was that ever brought up, only ever shown as a possible play route. The demo actually had a Genocide Mode that existed for several weeks before people even realized it existed, but by then the hype for the game died down and people were waiting for it to be funded.

My point is, a lot of people (Probably you as well) have selective memory when it comes to this. I almost forgot that I didnt spare Toriel the first time because I simply didnt know I could. She was the first enemy in the game that didnt instantly show responses to being spared, but was the first enemy in the game to show responses to getting hit.

A lot of people nowadays spoil themselves by talking or reading ahead with people on forums, and I think that with the preconceptions put into them, they essentially get so many hints as to how to beat several bosses by sparing, that it loses the point after a while.

I'll admit someone spoiled how to spare Undyne to me before I reached her, and it pissed me off that he was right. I wanted to figure it out myself.
>>
>>319392443
This. Everybody is now a poet on the Internet. People can go on and on about their thoughts on the Internet but struggle to finish 2000 words essay like the one i have to do right now.
>>
>>319393276
You never had a magic power or uber technology that allowed you to reverse time to whenever you pleased when you felt like it/when you died.

Once again, it's not about being evil, it's about curiosity and the extent of one's ability to act.
>>
>>319392283
I love undertale, but I'm not as crazy as that shit
>>
>>319393485
All that is is a two or three minute digestion of the game's overtones. It's not crazy, it's basic stuff that the game presents to the player from the getgo.
>>
>>319392283
I just beat undertale without ever hearing about it from any of you faggots.

I went full pacifist because I could Had a lot of fun playing as such, and enjoyed the nice reveal with skeleton bro in the palace. My game always crashes after I beat king goat guy and the evil flower child shows up.

Spare Toriel? Shit, she was nice so I decided to wait until her phone got stolen. Is she supposed to show up in the endgame?

Also, I made friends with the retard skeleton, but have no idea how to make friends with freaky fish lady, retard robot, or any of the other bosses.
>>
>>319392283
Lol it's a fucking video game.
>>
>>319392283
You know what? I was actually thinking of finishing this game, but this awful post made me decide not to.
>>
>>319392283
nobody cares and neither should you, op.
>>
File: 1449197643434.png (92 KB, 1050x370) Image search: [Google]
1449197643434.png
92 KB, 1050x370
VGA's were amazing
>>
What's curious is that the reasons he brings for Undertale to be such hot shit can be found in tons of other games, specifically self aware RPG Maker likes. Nothing about the cohesive and fun gameplay to avoid attacks or nothing.
>>
>>319393321
it's not that
nobody fucking cares that this game changed your life or how story driven it made your boner rage
this isn't even a review, it's just praising how this game represents my soul or some stupid shit like that
it's a fucking video game, you enjoy or not, end of story
>>
>>319392283
>Hey guys, did you know that there are retarded fags on the internet?
Duh. There's a lot of them, and they come from every walk of life.

One of them just made yet another Undertale shitpost thread.
>>
>>319395985
TGA, not VGA
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.