[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did anyone play zip lash? or any of the chibi-robo games? zip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: chibi.png (698 KB, 1042x756) Image search: [Google]
chibi.png
698 KB, 1042x756
did anyone play zip lash? or any of the chibi-robo games? zip lash was charming with a lot of replayability, but i feel like people hate on it just because of the incredibly stupid destination wheel.
>>
or maybe it's because it's a shallow platformer
>>
The original Chibi-Robo is one of my favorite games of all time but none of the sequels have been very good no matter how hard I try to be forgiving of them.

Zip-Lash was a cool mechanic but it was really underdeveloped, the game was very simple and easy. And of course none of the other games have had the depth of character or slightly dark story that the original has.
>>
>>319387217
i feel like it was a simple thing done very well, but i can understand if people didn't like it or just weren't interested. the advertising made it look so bland. it can be repetitive, too.
>>
>>319387341
i don't know why they refuse to go back to that. even if it didn't include stuff about divorce, a silly game with a proper story would be fine. i just want a game good enough to justify me wanting chibi robo in smash bros.
>>
The criminal thing about Zip-Lash is that one of the hole appeals of Chibi-Robo is being tiny and platforming in normal everyday objects, but all the levels are just made of abstract blocks with no sense of scale.
>>
Maybe they hate on it because it didn't really offer anything remotely worth $30.
>>
>>319387487
it looks like it was made in a less polished mario maker. the seldom seen backgrounds are the only thing giving a sense of scale.
>>
Zip Lash? Oh, you mean that thing that came wrapped around my amiibo?
>>
>>319387693
i saw so many people on r/amiibo returning their games after getting the bundle. so sad.
>>
I played it, it was pretty cool but it left something to be desired. Don't regret playing it but considering the series is probably dead now I wish we had gotten one more traditional game instead.

>>319387487
There were some moments of really cool scale. Like one of the Europe levels where the backdrop is a massive bicycle, or the level where you're on a sidewalk and you can compare yourself to the blades of grass and cracks in the street, more stuff like that would have been nice.
>>
>>319386935
Chibi Robo is a GOAT, an underrated gem senpai
Too bad none of the other games are cool adventure games with tons of content like the original
>>
Supposedly the second DS game is good and similar to the original but it didn't get localized and there's very little information about it.
>>
>>319387902
There was a true successor to the GC game released on DS, but it was never localized and there's no real effort to fantranslate it.

I have a copy, it's really nice but I can't read shit.
>>
i feel like zip lash tried many things but didn't commit to the one that would make it stand out. it has platforming with cartoonish graphics and loads of collecting, but none are done well enough. kirby games are much shorter but have much more longetivity because they have more soul and enticing visuals. mario games live on because the levels are that good. chibi robo had neither. everything was just... okay.i'd just hate to see the series go out without any notice like this.
>>
>>319388219
>i'd just hate to see the series go out without any notice like this.

The series barely had any notice to begin with. It's miraculous that it had as many sequels as it did, let alone that it got an amiibo. It's my favorite amiibo too, life-size Chibi figure is an awesome thing to have.
>>
would anyone want to see chibi robo in smash 4? perhaps with the chibi copter as a stage?
>>
>>319388679
Chibi has been my most wanted Smash newcomer for a good long while now, too bad it will never happen :(
>>
>>319388862
my ideal stage would be the kitchen from the first game. fighting on the table with the family watching in the background, but zip lash would probably be depicted instead. still, imagine riding on the chibi copter across the world of chibi robo!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.