[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>guitar game >hip hop and pop songs How the hell do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Guitar-Hero-Live.jpg (210 KB, 614x347) Image search: [Google]
Guitar-Hero-Live.jpg
210 KB, 614x347
>guitar game
>hip hop and pop songs
How the hell do you drop the ball so hard?
>>
>>319386346
If you play "guitar hero", you have dropped the ball on life thb.
>>
>pop songs can't have guitar
>>
File: Guitar-Hero-3.jpg (127 KB, 1200x861) Image search: [Google]
Guitar-Hero-3.jpg
127 KB, 1200x861
>>319386346
The new button scheme fucking blows; they're all tiny, and I keep hitting the wrong ones because of it.
>>
>>319386556
Nobody wants to play the shitty synth produced melodies present in fucking pop songs.
>>
>>319386659
Nobody wants to play the shitty riffs in pop punk or nu metal either but they're in there too.
>>
>>319386346
Drop the game by flume is a fun song
>>319386475
AYY LMAO
>>
>>319386832
Never said that was a good thing either. Just look at this shitty tracklist. There are maybe a handful of decent songs in there.
>>
>>319387017
I've never even listened to most of this shit and the pop songs on there don't really fit the game I'm just saying that it's not like pop music is unable to have guitars in them. The game isn't called rock hero.
>>
>>319387164
There's plenty of good non-rock songs with good guitar parts. None of them are in this game.
>>
>>319387017
>2015
>only 42 songs on a 50GB bluray disc

UNACCEPTABLE
>>
>>319387664
The rest is the fucking retarded live band and audience gimmick.
>>
>he still hasnt moved to rocksmith or even fucking rock band
GH has been dead since 3
2>3>80's>1>Aero>>>Smash hits
>>
>>319388204
I hear RB4 is pretty good senpai. Even has BC with the old games and RBN. And, you know, you can play with an actual fucking band.
>>
>>319387017
>a fucking skrillex song for a GUITAR hero game
>>
>>319386346
You are worried about Hip hop and pop while there's a fucking dubstep song in it.
>>
>>319388551
That was just a small example, I already posted the tracklist.
>>
>>319386346
Having 2 rows or three buttons when common music is based on 4s. They got rid of color so it's only 2 colors with arrows that are almost impossible to tell whether up or down.
>>
>>319388746
To be fair, the RB/old GH way is just as wrong.
>5 fret buttons all in a line
>the same input can give a chord or the highest note pressed
>you can play the exact same notes on a different set of frets entirely
>>
>>319388746
>They got rid of color so it's only 2 colors with arrows that are almost impossible to tell whether up or down.
Did they get rid of lefty flip? Because not having color means there's no way to tell what it's set to other than going all the way in options.
One thing I liked about RB3 was that you could change just about anything at any time.
>>
>>319388518
there's 2 skrillex songs
an eminem song
katy perry
giltch mob

the game is pretty bad

You can play two things:
>live: you're basically in front of a real audience with a real band lip syncing the songs, if you miss some notes the audience boo's if you don't they cheer, there is no red-yellow-green meter, you just don't lose

>TV: you play songs from music videos with the video playing in the background

the new button layout is fucking stupid, they try to make it feel like a guitar by adding "bar chords" except you sometimes make a bar chord with your pinky... during star power it's nearly impossible to tell what notes are hammer-ons.

You have to play on live channels (songs GH streams and you have to play without choosing) to earn tokens so that you can play the songs you want from the song list

i bought the game on black friday and i regret it. i hadn't played since gh 3 and i thought it'd be fun but it's not, and the songs are literal top 40's pop
>>
>>319389273
there's still lefty flip

there is no more hyperspeed though

and while you're playing a live set, the trackspeed changes after each song so when you see 2 notes at the same distance from each other you have to play them at a different speed and it throws you off at the beginning of almost every song
>>
>>319387017
>all that neu-rock garbage
>fucking of monsters and men/mumford and suns
That's really fucking gross.
>>
>>319387017
Holy shit, you can count the number of good songs on one hand and one or two of those are rehashed from Guitar Hero 3.
>>
>>319389690
>no more hyperspeed
Welp, that seals the deal. I play on hyperspeed exclusively. It's not because I think it makes me hardcore, but seeing fewer notes at a time makes it easier for me to play.
I'm just gonna get Rockband 4 if/when it comes to PC or just keep playing RB3.
Or better yet, get off my ass and learn to make real music.
Does Rocksmith teach you to play bass?
>>
>>319389516
>boo's
>>
>>319389997
rocksmith does have bass yes

i would switch to hyperspeed for some songs with rough solos but the way the fucking trackspeed changes within one set of songs is annoying as shit.

what really killed it for me was the fucking tokens i need to play songs i want, not to mention the fucking live part of the game is shitty as fuck since you're playing in some band with an edgy hipster name and you're focused more on the crowd and what's going on on-stage than the damn music, which sometimes is okay since the tracks are fucking awful and god be with you when you're playing the indie show...

if you run out of tokens, you can buy more but it fucking feels like i paid for a game that feels like it's f2p

i can live with the new guitar, but i just want the gh3 type of deal, i play the career mode, unlock the songs, then go to quickplay to play songs i like or play coop with a buddy not fucking music streams, you don't even have characters you can unlock or anything like that
>>
>>319386346
reminds me of when guitar was good back in the GH 1 - 3 days and all the vidya magazines and websites would complain about the song lists having too much punk, metal, and rock and roll and not enough of their indie /mu/ tier nonsense. Problem is most of those songs don't translate to fun rhythm charts.
>>
>>319391109
Then fuck it, I'm going to learn to fuck with some groovy bass lines.
I agree with you about the game feeling f2p.

That's actually because it was going to be at one point. I focus grouped it. They were thinking of making GHTV like an actual f2p tv channel for GH that you could just leave on then pick up the guitar when you wanted to play. All you needed was to buy the guitar itself.
GH Live was going to be a separate game that could be played with tokens gotten from the free streams or by paying for the songs. And of course there were going to be fucking ads in GHTV.
>>
>>319391492
exactly on most songs you're playing one chord progression the entire time with some short and shitty "solo" in the middle.

>no arena rock
>no smashing pumpkins
>no iron maiden
>no 80s rock
>no 90s rock
>no Metallica

the songs that they do have from big bands aren't even the songs people want. ZZ top gets one shitty song i've never heard of, so does Pearl Jam

but oh wait! they have A FUCKING KNIFE PARTY SONG, A SONG CREATED IN ITS ENTIRETY USING A COMPUTER PROGRAM WITH NOT A SINGLE SOUND IN IT RESEMBLING A GUITAR
>>
>>319392162
Bonfire is Knife Party's only good song.
>>
>implying the song choice is the biggest issue

The game barely fucking works. Look at all the people having problems getting the guitar to sync properly. The forums were flooded with complaints on release day. Even the demo had constant freezing and controller disconnect problems.
>>
>live action video
>shitty button layout
>too easy despite being confusing as fuck
>shitty songs
no reason to buy ever
thank god RB supports old GH controllers, RB controllers were always kinda wonky to me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-He69S-qkd8
>>
>>319392797
>three buttons
I didn't think it was possible to casualize Guitar Hero.
>>
>>319392880
There are 6
>>
File: ukulele-2.gif (30 KB, 310x318) Image search: [Google]
ukulele-2.gif
30 KB, 310x318
>>319386570
Boohoo
>>
File: 1448608102935.png (276 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1448608102935.png
276 KB, 501x445
>>319393008
>be used to playing with the guitar every other fucking game used ever
>press both buttons at the same time and constantly fuck up

Whoever thought changing the controller design was a good idea should be shot.

Fuck, take the asshat who compiled the track list with him too.
>>
So can we now all agree that GH: Metallica has the best tracklist?
>>
>>319393459
RB3
>>
>>319392228
>Fire Hive nigger

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLqVfKTtKw
>>
>>319389889
>tfw I actually like Of Monsters and Men
I don't think they're some amazing band but I enjoy listening to them. I started listening to Mumford and Sons before (or at least it seems like before because I hadn't heard much of anything about them before it) they were being plastered all over the place but after a while stopped listening to them because like other people say most of their songs sound the same. I still listen to OMaM occasionally though.
>>
>>319393665
6/10
>>
>>319392228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H588NOk-G8U
>>
>>319393816
5/10
>>
>>319386346
The Live section is garbage but TV is amazing unless you get some shitty song like Heaven or something
>>
>>319395764
Do you need to sub for TV?
>>
>>319396138
If you're referring to a subscription for GHTV, no. I don't think you need PS+/XBL if you're playing on those consoles either, I do need to confirm that though.

There is this $6.99 all-day pass thing where you can play any song in the selection for 24 hours, but that's for people that don't have time to grind out coins in the channels.

My only complaint is that the difficulty jumps are pretty far, but you get used to it over time.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.