[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the worst year for video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: games-2012.jpg (215 KB, 595x400) Image search: [Google]
games-2012.jpg
215 KB, 595x400
Pretty sure it was 2012.

though granted, it did pick itself up a bit by the end of the year
>>
The year your favorite game came out.
>>
>>319382471
Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, and Assassin's Creed 3 all fucking sucked.
It was also the year I realized critics will give dogshit good scores as long as it's AAA, has decent graphics, and is playable
>>
2014 was the worst year in a long time.
>>
>>319383265
Halo 4 was good. In fact it was far better than Halo 3 and Halo 2.
>>
>not liking BL2

You can turn the volume down if you don't like the occasional internet slang anon.
>>
>>319382471

ME3 was fun to play though, it just tripped at a story level.
>>
>>319384443
Borderlands 2 has arguably the worst late-game and subsequent replayability out of any game I ever played.
>increase the difficulty to increase the loot tier you get!
>basically have to go through the game at each OP level to get good enough gear for the next
>At OP 8, either you click and miss and die or you click, hit, and continue hitting until they are dead or you miss and die.
>>
>>319384146
You are pants on head retarded
>>
>>319384582
>basically have to go through the game at each OP level to get good enough gear for the next
>At OP 8, either you click and miss and die or you click, hit, and continue hitting until they are dead or you miss and die.

Naw. You were playing wrong.
>>
This year

2 good games and that was it
>>
>>319384864
>Every character basically HAD to carry a Grog Nozzle
>You get 2 shot by everything because thresholds
>it's hit or be killed.
Naw, the game was just bad.

I liked it up to max level, though.
>>
>>319384864
i love borderlands, but level scaling was shit in 2 compared to the first. still fucking play the game on a weekly basis though.
>>
>>319384814
It has better weapons, maps, and the story has always made next to no sense. Halo 2's campaign was probably a bit better but Halo 3 is the most overrated game of all time. Shit multiplayer, completely expected vanilla story, and the new weapons were all shit except the laser. Halo 3 is worthless unless you're a forgefag
>>
>>319385024
The 3 characters I've gotten into the OP levels (Maya, melee Zero and Axton) did it without Grog, and Maya and Axton were tanky as fuck and barely got hit since their crowd control is so good.

>>319385094
Worse scaling than 1 yeah, but not bad enough to ruin the game or anything.
>>
>>319384582

UVH is shit, but TVH is pretty good. Even the first level guys are shitting all over me. Gonna have to kill the warrior in true hunter mode a few more times to get some decent gear and not get shit on right away, which is what's keeping me from going past level 53/4. I like a challenge but christ, takes about ten sniper shots with a 30k powered rifle to take even one basic bitch down. I hate that part, but eh, it's fun still.
>>
File: 1436368472601.jpg (47 KB, 470x334) Image search: [Google]
1436368472601.jpg
47 KB, 470x334
>>319385241
>Halo 3
>Shit multiplayer
Literally everything in 4 was a massive step back from 3, with the exception of sprint/graphics
>>
>>319382471
What game is that on the far right?
>>
>>319385571
What class you playing? Make sure you have slag, it's essential. If you're slagging everything, they'll go down fast since slag is buffed to 3x dmg on UHVM.
>>
File: REPORTED.jpg (134 KB, 1366x728) Image search: [Google]
REPORTED.jpg
134 KB, 1366x728
>>319385705
>Halo 3 was good
>any Halo game was good

not being 18 is a violation of the rules
>>
It may be because it's fresh in my mind, but 2014 was kinda shitty.
The only notable games were nintendo titles, Wolfenstien, and alien isolation
>>
>>319385774
Would also like to know
>>
2012 was pretty good. Black ops 2 was fun and Dota really started picking up, that's a win in my book
>>
>>319385705
The forerunner guns are the most fun guns in the series and the new vehicles were good too. The best maps were the new ones, it was a shame every Halo 3 faggot voted for Valhalla every time.
>>
File: 1429555313049.jpg (257 KB, 960x870) Image search: [Google]
1429555313049.jpg
257 KB, 960x870
>>319382471
>2012
>Alan Wake
>Bioshock 2
>The Walking Dead
>Dragons Dogma
>Mark of the Ninja
>XCOM: Enemy Unknown
>Dishonored
>Hotline Miami
>Bad
>>
>>319385902
Contrarian faggot using an ebin original meme
Great job dude
>>
>>319385571
The thing that ruins it for me is that generic guns will not get you anywhere past TVHM. Not even purple guns unless they have the right parts are good enough. You have to get red text guns which have a ridiculously small drop rate from certain bosses. So you just end up with there white, green, blue, and purple guns everywhere but can't use them because they're shit. On top of that, you constantly need to regrind for the same item but a couple levels higher.
>>
This year
It was so bad, even Nintendo fucked up. And they usually just do adequate.
Infact, the only thing memorable might be Axiom Verge and XenoX
>>
I "Literally every year since 2007" an option?

I pick that one.

Indie, modern AAA, it's all dogshit.
>>
>>319385492
>Worse scaling than 1 yeah, but not bad enough to ruin the game or anything.

yeah, thats why i followed up with, "still fucking play the game on a weekly basis though."
>>
>>319386351

Axiom Verge really wasn't that great anon
>>
>>319385774
>>319386038
Pretty sure it's I Am Alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=804K6i4It1w
>>
>>319386351
>nintendo fucked up
>splatoon sucker punched everyone with 2.42 million sales
>No one gives a shit about Blood bourne
>Xbone can't play shit

honestly the only system that actually won was PC.
>>
>>319386562

Is it me or did they buff Cataclysm spec?
>>
Every year since 2008.
>>
>>319386638
It got a massive buff in the most recent patch. Cloud Kill destroys loaders by itself now. Helios, Backdraft, Blight Phoenix and Ruin got moderate boosts too.
>>
>>319386692
>>319386465
Nostalgia
>>
Why the fuck did they put Hellraid on hiatus.

I was going to pirate it and pretend its Hexen 3.

Hasn't Dead Island 2 been cancelled also? I doubt it would ever be as good as Dying Light though.
>>
>>319384146
This is the most incorrect thing I've ever seen posted on /v/
>>
>>319386734

I fired it up today and was really surprised. Thanks for the confirmation anon.
>>
>Crusader Kings 2

Fuck everything else. That year was boss.
>>
>>319386879
No worries. A bunch of Gaige's electric skills got boosted as well, and Zer0's Unforseen is great now too.
>>
>>319386774
no shit, di2 got cancelled? aw man, i was looking forward to that game. had loads of fun with the first and riptide... :(
>>
>>319382471
2014 was pretty terrible. 2013 was bad too, but in a less impressively-terrible way.

>>319383265
The Master Chief Collection, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Dragon Age Inquisition were worse.

>>319384146
Holy fucking shit.

This is so wrong I'm not even mad.
>>
>>
>>319387167
I assume as much anyway. Haven't heard a damn thing about it since announcement. I thought it was supposed to come out this year.

The Dead Island games are alright but Dying Light is infinitely better than both of them.
>>
>>319385857

Gunzerker. I have a weapon for every occasion, but the one I was using for most of the first playthrough and all of TVH somehow dissappeared on me. It was a triple shot rifle with slag. Have a shotgun with slag power, but it's almost useless. That gun I lost was basically the crutch that got me through the whole thing.

>>319386298

Just got into the first part of it, but that makes it sound really really fucking awful. I can't believe -everything- else is useless man. Shit, i've only seen a couple gold guns in my entire time playing it, though shit piles of stuff with red text and none of that was any good. Guess I'll just go back to playing 1, if I can find my DLC discs anywhere.
>>
>>319387248

At least I had Tropical Freeze. That year I also played Metal Gear Rising for the first time. Good times.
>>
>>319386579
I have never heard of or even seen this game before just now

what the fuck
>>
>>319387324
Once you finish TVHM everything on that difficulty scales to 50, so you can farm some decent stuff pretty easy. If you have the Torgue DLC you can farm Torgue tokens at the bar brawl and buy an Unkempt Harold which is amazing on Sal. For slag, if you finish the Starting the Clan War questline (or something like that, it's from Sanctuary bounty board) and side with the Zafords at the end, you can farm the Hodunk guy for an smg called the Slagga which is an amazing gun. Other than that you might want to get a Moxxi weapon for healing, the Rubi is a good one which you can get from Mordecai's Rakkaholics Anonymous quest, if you turn it in to Moxxi.
>>
>>319383437
I will agree with this anon, last year not only did everything suck but everything launched broken.
>>
>>319387587
Don't get me wrong, some really great games came out in 2014. Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, and Jazzpunk all come to mind. Thinking about it, if you only had a Wii U, 2014 wasn't too bad at all.

Still, 2014 had a much lower average game quality than most other years.
>>
>>319382471
>Mass Effect 3

Story sucked but combat and the multiplayer were fun.

I mean does anyone really take the story in this shit seriously?
>>
>>319387747

Pretty sure it scales with you, because I was level 53 when I finished the last one, and everything jumped up to what I was.

Thanks for that tip though, I -do- have the Torgue dlc, just can't warp there at the moment because my shit is stuck in the first area and can't get out due to being raped every time I try to go to battle(have a slag smg and a couple other guns, but they're not doing the job, so gonna have to go back to TVH and try to get some stuff from The Warrior again, no big.)

Never knew what half the red text guns even did, too proud to look them up on the wiki, but guess I need to now, thanks bro. The Rubi tip'll be mighty helpful, and maybe I can get a couple decent SMGs off her from tipping 100k or whatever it's gonna be now.

Appreciate it man.
>>
>>319388298
>Pretty sure it scales with you, because I was level 53 when I finished the last one, and everything jumped up to what I was.

Oh, that's even better then.

As for the Torgue farming, it's actually best to do it on normal or TVHM. On those difficulties the enemies in the bar brawl only go up to 50 so are easier to kill, after getting 612 tokens there you can go into the DLC in UHVM and buy a Harold from the Torgue vending machines and it will be the same level as you.

Yeah, those SMGs from Moxxi are pretty solid too. The best Moxxi weapon is the Grog Nozzle, which heals for 65% of the dmg you do and has a 50%~ chance to slag, so it's the perfect weapon to have in one hand while gunzerking. Problem is that to use it in UHVM you have to obtain it there, and you have to fight through the kinda annoying first sections of Tiny Tina's DLC to get to it. But definitely check that one out sometime too.

Anyway, I'd recommend you keep at it. When I first got to UHVM it felt like hitting a wall, but once you adjust to it and get a handle on gear, it gets a lot smoother. It ended up being a lot of fun for me, especially doing Digistruct Peak after getting to lvl 72.
>>
>>319386252
>2012
>Alan Wake
>Bioshock 2
oh I am a laffin
>>
>>319387297
this, there aren't even enough games to make a top 10, like what the fuck.
>>
2012 sure was terrible, I agree. Thank fuck Dishonored came out that year though.
>>
>>319388832

>tiny tina's dlc

Shit. Don't have that one, just the torgue. Maybe for christmas though if I have some cash left from other presents.

Moxi seems to have the best shit, christ. Wouldn't mind playing a BL game with her in it.

Don't even know why I never thought of that before honestly. Guess I just didn't like the torgue section that much and just sort of dismissed it after doing it the first time. Nice. Can probably get some other decent shit from there too since you could pretty much farm as many tokens as you could possibly want/need.
>>
File: 7243740.jpg (16 KB, 480x385) Image search: [Google]
7243740.jpg
16 KB, 480x385
>2012 worst year
XCOM, Mark of the Ninja, Alan Wake on the top of my head.
Better than 2015.
>>
>>319382471
Going back how far? 1971 was literally just Computer Space, and that sucked. One commercially released game the entire year and it was crap.
>>
>>319388182

>boringly repetitive horde mode and the SINGLE PLAYER ASPECT based around the boringly repetitive horde mode were good

Hang yourself with piano wire.
>>
>>319389720
Tina DLC is pretty much the best one for story/environments/humor. Definitely check it out if you can. But until then the Rubi should be good enough for healing, especially if paired with a Harold. And yeah the Torgue vendors have some other good stuff too, all of their legendaries are at least decents. Except the Rolling Thunder grenade, that one is pretty shit.
>>
>>319389720

Get a Flakker. This weapon is capable of untold amounts of damage when paired with a rocket launcher.
>>
>>319384146
Halo 4 isn't as bad as people say but come on anon.

>>319387248
>MCC is worse

even putting aside the buggy MP you were still getting 4 halo campaigns, 2 of them remastered, all of them at a higher resolution an framerate, at 60$.

Even if if there had been no MP at all it'd still be great.
>>
>>319390087

Yup. Multiplayer was fun and still active.

Stay mad.
>>
>>319392270

>thinks multiplayer was fun

It's like a sign you wear around your neck to let everyone know they can ignore your opinion with zero negative repercussions.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.