[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killer is Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Killer is dead.jpg (59 KB, 609x640) Image search: [Google]
Killer is dead.jpg
59 KB, 609x640
Do people actual think that this game was bad?

I thought it was good, not bad.
>>
>>319379127
Is pretty shallow but for like $15 is alright
>>
I didn't get too far because I thought the levels were too empty. Cutting enemies did sound and feel really good, though.
>>
>>319379608
How far did you get?
>>
>>319379783
Chapter 4? It was a while ago. I'll pick it up again some time.
>>
>>319379127
I don't think it's bad, but it's blatantly unfinished.
>>
>>319380027
I'd recommend it, if you have the time.
>>
>>319380264
I'll just have to lower my expectations. I think my problem was that I was looking forward to playing a game similar to Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta.
>>
>>319380591
Yeah it really isn't ment to be played like an action game. Despite it being one. It's kinda like No more heros in which the gameplay is alright but the boss encounters make up for it.
>>
I thought it was eh. Not as terrible as the reviews were calling it, but defiantly felt half baked and incomplete, like Suda had to cut half the game because of lack of funds. NMH and Killer 7 were far better.

Granted, I picked it up for $10 bucks for the PS3 version and I feel like it was a fair price for it.
>>
>>319379127
I liked it.
The combat was shallow as fuck, but still kind of satisfying when you managed to get a huge chain going.
Not to mention the ending is sick as fuck.

Natalia is best girl.
>>
>>319380765
Yeah, I think it is mainly the less you pay, the less you are going to think it's bad and thus your expectations are low.
>>
>>319380948
Dude, Killer is Dead is probably one of the better stories in video games.
Speaking of which, are there any other good video games being topped off with a pretty good narrative/story?
>>
>>319379127
Would i need to have beaten Killer 7 to go into/ understand/ appreciate this game? I loved NMH, so that's the only thing that's been holding me back from getting it.
>>
I think this game would've benefitted from a more Dynasty Warriors-esque gameplay. It would've made up for the shallow combat and empty levels, but it should keep the bosses.
>>
>>319381309
I think you're fine, but don't expect anything as good as No More Heros.
>>
>>319381453
>Dynasty Warriors-esque gameplay
i.e. more enemies on screen at once.
>>
Can't get past the first chapter.
>>
Grasshopper games not directed by Suda are consistently kinda mediocre. It's a shame really.
>>
Looks fantastic but plays like shit and isn't really all that fun.
>>
File: Semen Vampire.webm (3 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Semen Vampire.webm
3 MB, 1280x800
It was really fun to play on LSD
>>
I liked it but I guess I was expecting Killer7 more than No More Heroes
>>
I loved the combat and thought it did a lot of things to reward you between the perfect dodges, headshots, and how much more fun it gets once your combo gets high enough.
>>
Really cool game, but not as good as NMH or Killer 7.
>>
File: 1421502412045.jpg (323 KB, 1278x2000) Image search: [Google]
1421502412045.jpg
323 KB, 1278x2000
>>319379127
It was ok, and I really liked it. Sadly no more... in-depth scenes with best girl, though.
>>
>>319379127
looks like shit playing it

but worth the 8$ it costs used
>>
for what it is, it's fun.

It's a grasshopper game, I got pretty much what I expected from Suda.
>>
>>319381245

I didn't get the story at all. Could you talk about it a little bit? Especially the ending.
>>
>>319386052
yeah, he handles his "executive directing" pretty nicely
>>
>>319381245
No More Heroes, actually.
>>
>>319386348
http://globegander.tumblr.com/post/59534088268/love-killer-is-dead-eros-and-thanatos-in
http://globegander.tumblr.com/post/59854327305/killer-is-chess-chess-motifs-in-killer-is-dead
http://globegander.tumblr.com/post/60860285807/killer-is-chess-gold-side-and-other-chess
After reading this, I had a better grasp on what was going on. It's a bit long, though.
>>
>>319381458
How do you mean by that? Story or game play, please don't say both
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.