[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when I asked for a remake all I wanted was updated graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1449506955523.jpg (687 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449506955523.jpg
687 KB, 1920x1080
>when I asked for a remake all I wanted was updated graphics
Graphic whores need to be purged, graphics shouldn't matter if you enjoy the original play it, a remake is by definition a reimagining and if they don't bring anything new to the table besides updated visuals it has absolutely no reason to exist
>>
ok cool but will they reduce tifa's tit size
>>
I agree. I'm glad they're splitting the game in parts too. Paying for a whole game is just for nostalgiafags.
>>
whatever enjoy your episodic gaming
>>
>>319377539
No, gameplayfag hipsters such as yourself need to be purged. Graphics are absolutely vital to any game
>>
>>319377609
It's not a nintendo game/NISA localization
>>
>>319377710
>>319377740
Thread isn't about the game being sold in episodes, that's a legitimate complaint. Bitching because it isn't the exact same game with pretty visuals is not
>>
Fact: people who want a 1:1 remake are underage who've never played the original and just want the remake to be a rehash so they can stomach the graphics and finally be able to play the game people always talk about.
>>
File: 1449515420513.jpg (68 KB, 640x802) Image search: [Google]
1449515420513.jpg
68 KB, 640x802
>>319377539
enjoy your new substance
>>
>>319378063
N64/PS1 graphics are ugly anon
>>
>>319377845
Meanwhile Drakengard.
>>
>>319378581

>save Aeris
>only $20

you severely underestimate how much people would pay for that.
>>
Had a discussion with my friend about this.

We came to the conclusion that this is for the better for the game.

By changing the combat system into something similar to FFXV you get a whole different perspective to all those static ATB fights.

Like imagine fighting the weapons or other giant bosses, or how will the summons function? Will it be like in XV and summon them to the field to fuck shit up or is it gonna be a cutscene?

Not to mention how much more massive the world is gonna be, especially midgar, I can't wait to explore it and find all this new cool shit they added to expand the world.

Either way, I think this is a good change. You'll still have the old game to go back to if you don't like it.
>>
>>319377539

Yeah this. I'm perfectly happy with the original and don't really care about graphics, so I never wanted a remake. Not that I'm mad it's happening, I just find it's retarded that so many people are shitting themselves in anger over changes that aren't graphics related.
>>
>>319377539
Here's an example of a remake that both updated graphics and brought plenty of new content to the table without changing the core gameplay experience.
>>
>>319377539
Graphics are and always have been important.
Not keeping up on technology is just laziness from devs.

The difference is that you don't buy a game solely based on their graphics.
It's not that hard to understand
>>
>>319379168
>fighting weapons or giant bosses in FF7
Like floaty KH shit
>>
>>319382839
>The difference is that you don't buy a game solely based on their graphics
This.
Example: The Order: 1886
Shit is pretty as fuck but no gameplay, just a tech demo.
>>
>>319377539
you're right, but it doesn't mean I'll want to buy it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.