[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people are actually hyped for this Jesus fucking christ.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
>people are actually hyped for this

Jesus fucking christ. Has Ubisoft run out of ideas already? First they turned AC into a malnorished tit of a series and now this?
>>
I'll play it but I wouldn't say hyped, I'll just grab it on sale sometime like blood dragon

I don't even play the main series, don't care
>>
cashing in on the survival meme
>>
File: farcry primal.jpg (426 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
farcry primal.jpg
426 KB, 1024x687
>>319376201
>>
>>319376201
UNGA BUNGA ROCKSTOP
>>
>>319377101
PRE ORDER NOW AND GET 25 FREE ROCKS

ONLY AT GAMESTOP
>>
>>319376201
Looks pretty fun, I don't see the problem
>>
>>319376201
>Ubisoft sells games on brand name alone now rather than put in any sort of effort

So how to do you want your franchise f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>319377652
if you like something from ubisoft, ea, or activision, you are bound to make someone mad no matter what
>>
>>319376201
Why the fuck is this game a farcry game? What makes this a farcry game?
>>
Just give us a Blood Dragon 2 already.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 733x1068) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 733x1068
>>319376201
>only North American prehistoric animals
>can't tame herbivores
>why are Jaguars and badgers in this
> never going to see a giant ground sloth, marsupial sabre cat, or a terror bird
It could have been amazing
>>
>>319377813
it's a far cry mod
>>
I don't often do this nowadays, but I'll probably pirate it, same as with FC3.
>>
>>319376201
It reminds me of the shangrila parts in FarCry 4 which were the best parts in the game.
>>
>>319377813
FPS Open-world, collect-athon story with animals

I don't see why it's NOT a Far Cry game, what I see is a bunch of people who fucking despise Ubisoft yet still make threads sooking about them.
>>
File: Casual Overload.jpg (138 KB, 597x710) Image search: [Google]
Casual Overload.jpg
138 KB, 597x710
>>319376201
it makes sense seeing their recent games
>regress gameplay mechanics
>regress setting to stone age
>>
Looks like shit I will wait for that Michel Ancel game
>>
>>319376201
They reported The Division beta too.
Ubifags tears will be delicious.
>>
>>319379146
I guess it's trying to force people to understand what fast travel is.
With all the soccermoms playing through the game and hating it for having to run around everywhere can you blame them?
>>
>>319379146
Kek
That same thing happened to me.
>>
i don't want to have to sign up for Uplay
>>
File: 1449098252717.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1449098252717.png
121 KB, 258x245
god, the setting and trailer are so cool!

then i saw the gameplay and the menus and UI are exactly the same! it's still the same game. you run around the world killing bad guys at outposts, then once you do that the camera swirls around. they even brought back spotting through walls with the owl! and it looks the same too, they didn't even give it a different visual effect!
>>
File: 1370432803275.jpg (199 KB, 752x590) Image search: [Google]
1370432803275.jpg
199 KB, 752x590
Quick name me some nice caveman games, is Ark any good? This looks pretty dull
>>
>>319376201
yeah this looks like boring empty fucking trash
>>
>>319379723
Rainbow Six Siege is the first Ubisoft game I have bought since AssCreed Brotherhood. I don't entirely regret it, its a fun and tactical lite shooter, but I don't like the fact that it's multiplayer only. I also hope that if it does well then we'll get a proper Rainbow Six with slower gameplay and an actual campaign. You can tell Siege has had so much stripped away due to the next gen switch and ditching of Patriots.

Other than that. I'm so fucking burned out on their over promising open world games where you climb viewpoints to unlock parts of the map. They're so contrived and boring. But I get the appeal they show these grand "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING AND GET CRAZY WITH IT" just to find out everything is a fucking contextual button press that you are in no way in control of. You press a button and watch cool thing happen.

I get the appeal, I just don't understand how anyone isn't bored to death of this already.
>>
>>319380392

I'm not kidding when I was hyped to see an expansion DLC for Far Cry 4 with prehistoric stuff.

I thought this was going to be like the Blood Dragon one, except that it wouldn't be standalone since the game is just a reskin with a new story.

Then I realized that it is, but they are pretending that it is a full game, the next episode in their franchise, and selling it at full price plus it's own DLCs.

How did this happen? How can something so blatantly anti-consumer get a free pass? In what times do we live in.
>>
>>319381031
it happens all of the time desu

left 4 dead 2 was a cheap mod for left 4 dead 1 and was released like 1 year. hardline was a cheap mod for battlefield 4. etc
>>
>>319376201
>Ubisoft
What were you expecting, really.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.