[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>8.2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: xenobladechroniclesxreview.jpg (95 KB, 1254x487) Image search: [Google]
xenobladechroniclesxreview.jpg
95 KB, 1254x487
>8.2
>>
File: yes and.png (26 KB, 201x189) Image search: [Google]
yes and.png
26 KB, 201x189
>>319374501
Yeah, that's fair. I'd give it about 8.5 myself.
>>
8.2 is a great score. Fuck the "7 is mediocre" mentality.
>>
6= above average
7= good
8= great
9= excellent
10= flawless
>>
Completely fine score. Gear management could use improvements
>>
The problem is the reviews they give other games aren't really in conjunction with this decision. Yes most games that have noticeable flaws, that are still good get way too high of scores on reviewers websites. Partly why I have haven't read a single review since I was in high school a billion years ago
>>
>>319374501
Yeah, and COD Ghosts got an 8.8 by IGN.
https://youtu.be/leseAJDyK4o

Why should you care what they say?
>>
There's no way some games that came out recently could have objectively given the same impact as older redic good games. Stuff that isn't even in my top 5 like ff7/oot, super metroid, original Zelda shit like that. My reasoning being that concepts dictated by the classics still are the widest margin of content.
>>
>>319375580
See this right here. What the fuck. Almost a 9 same as something like crash bandicoot/metal gear solid back in the day. Not even fucking close to something as low as crash bandicoot what the shit
>>
We're past the time where anyone should allow individual reviews to sway their opinion.

Just browse places like /v/ and see what everyone gets excited about.
>>
i see nothing wrong here. the game is great but it does also get a lot of small things wrong.
>>
>>319375830
The reason is that really high scores and really low scores get more traffic.
Normies don't wanna read about a game and get
>"Uh yeah its pretty good I guess, maybe if you like this genre its a good buy."

They want either
>"HOLY FUCK! This is the best game ever! Never will you see something so innovative and remarkable with a moving story that'll stay with you forever! "
Or
>"HOLY FUCK! This is the worst game ever! Never will you see something so shit and unremarkable with a bland story that'll be forgotten immediately."

And unfortunately because most reviews now are in the hyperbole category, actually balanced reviews get overlooked or even worse used to compare against the overrated reviews for another game to make it look worse.
>>
>>319374643
This.

Unless the game is one I don't like, in which case ha ha.
>>
>>319374501
Hey OP, why do you and all of /v/ give a fuck about review scores? Its just some neckbearded journalist who probably knows less about video games than yourself giving his opinions on a game.

And now with playthroughs and walkthroughs all over youtube do we really need games journalists at all to decide if we want a game or not?

They are a completely redundant industry and the more you shill their opinions on here the more they will hang around.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.