[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Playstation 4: Is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Demon's Souls.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2400) Image search: [Google]
Demon's Souls.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2400
Hi! I'm a pretty big fan of the Souls series, and I've been thinking about buying a PS4 for BloodBorne, and I'm hoping to make a purchase of a digital copy of Demon's Souls.

Now, I can't really "go back to my PS3" because the thing had been busted since. . . 2012 I think.
I admit, I do have a collection of PS3 games myself, but I'm only really interested in just buying a digital copy of Demon's Souls.

If however; Demon's Souls hasn't necessarily "came out" to the PlayStation Store on the PS4, then I think I could wait, and probably purchase BloodBorne anyways, and I'll keep tabs on whether or not it does come out.

Excuse me if I sound really, really, late and all like a cave man; but I really haven't been in "touch" with the whole consoles thing.
I just know that the PS4 has some trouble with backwards compatibility with discs.

As a matter of fact, I'm trying to the "Demon's Souls" store page to see if it's compatible with the PS4 as a digital release.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>319373878
they're making a remaster of demons souls and bloodborne is pretty great (DLC that just came out is amazing). You should get it.

What reason do you have to not get a ps4?
>>
>>319374180
No they're not.

>>319373878
Just wait. BB is good, but dont buy it for one game.
>>
>>319374641
>No they're not.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/demon-s-souls-ps4-remaster-teased/0159722
>>
Bloodborne and PS4 are great, but try to buy it when you're interested in more games or a crazy price drop.
$300~ for 1 game isnt worth it imo
Demon's Souls is not on PS4
Dark Souls 3 is coming on PS4 next year
>>
>>319374180
I think I may as well buy the PS4, considering I didn't really play with all of the other PS3 games.

>>319374641
I think there could be some other games I'd like to play on the PlayStation 4, so I think I could be more or less in a safer zone.

As for the apparent DeS remaster rumor, it just seemed pretty weird to me.
On one hand, the twitter post showed a picture of brand new BloodBorne content, and Demon's Souls is stacked right on top.

Now on one hand, it could tease a remaster.
On the other hand, they could be making a reference to how everyone thought BloodBorne was rumored as DeS2, or something like that.
It seems less likely to me that they would release a remaster of DeS.

>>319375183
That's what I plan on doing.
I'm planning on buying these things discounted, (maybe a little before Dark Souls 3's release) as a safety net.

I can get that the DeS on the PSN Store can't be digitally emulated by a PS4, thank you for clarifying.
>>
>>319375183
>Dark Souls 3 is coming on PS4 next year

Any chance of it being a proper return to form now that Miyazaki is back in the saddle?
>>
>>319376384
A little bit of Dark Souls 1 here, a bit of Demon's Souls there, and a tad bit of BloodBorne there.
I absolutely loved the gameplay, and the torches in Dark Souls 3 are pretty good.

>>319375658
Coming back to this, I remember that BloodBorne has some funky history with the SteamDB, meaning if BloodBorne makes it to Steam like Dark Souls 3 will come to Steam, then that means I may as well just purchase another PS3 (at a much more cheaper price) and re-purchase Demon's Souls, because my current copy of the game is beyond borked.
>>
>>319376845
>A little bit of Dark Souls 1 here, a bit of Demon's Souls there, and a tad bit of BloodBorne there.

Could you elaborate? I think I get the Bloodborne part- faster, more aggressive combat?- but I skipped Demon's Souls, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there.
>>
File: P2.jpg (19 KB, 307x345) Image search: [Google]
P2.jpg
19 KB, 307x345
>>319373878
>>319375658
If you're interested in DeS and BB, considering buying a PS4, there's nothing wrong with just waiting more. Just try and stay patient. I haven't bought one yet but looking forward to playing both BB and remastered DeS some say in the future when I'm more economically stable so I can work up my backlog.
>>
>>319373878
I don't think it is worth it to buy a 400 dollar machine just to play 2 games. Get it cheap and wait a little.
>>
>>319373878
There's been no confirmation that Demons Souls will ever come to ps4. But seeing as how Dark Souls 3 is 8th gen only, you might as well get one and finish Bloodborne plus the expansion before DS3 comes out next year.
>>
File: fishslap.png (179 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
fishslap.png
179 KB, 500x338
>Bloodbourne
>Bloodborn
>Bloodbourn
>BloodBorne
How do so many people struggle with such an easy name?
>>
>>319377283
Well, not only they brought back the Mana-Meter, but I think it also lies within pace.

Also, silly me for bringing up the Steam/BloodBorne thing, I overlooked it with it being a ruse.

>>319377821
That's always the best plan.
>>
>>319378497
>they brought back the Mana-Meter

So, buying charges of spells/miracles/what-have-you is once again a thing of the past?
>>
>>319378268
Shows the audience's intelligence I guess. I mean the souls games are challenging, but they are not impossibly nes levels of hard the memers are spewing out.
>>
>>319374826
>its fucking nothing
>>
File: 1228578152815.jpg (110 KB, 538x627) Image search: [Google]
1228578152815.jpg
110 KB, 538x627
>>319377996
>But seeing as how Dark Souls 3 is 8th gen only

>he's not playing it on PC

Enjoy that downgrade, sonygger.
>>
>>319379467
When did anyone say that about Bloodborne?
>>
>>319379647
You're right my old ass PC will certainly run it better because its not restricted by generations.
>>
>>319373878
no console is worth buying for just one game. wait.
I can't believe people actually have to be told this.
>>
>>319379467
>the souls games are challenging, but they are not impossibly nes levels of hard the memers are spewing out

I suppose I've been playing them wrong, then.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.