[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the full story behind Broken Age's messy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: broken+age.jpg (173 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
broken+age.jpg
173 KB, 1440x900
So what's the full story behind Broken Age's messy development? How was 3.3 million only enough to cover half of it? Was it Elijah Wood's paycheck?
>>
File: char_45433[1].jpg (14 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_45433[1].jpg
14 KB, 210x240
>>319370671
>was it Elijah Wood's paycheck!
Short answer yes with an if
Long answer no with a but
>>
Tim is a dumb prick who couldn't managed money and always talking out of his ass
3.3 was because Kikestarter initial hype
The game took way too long to develop
>>
tim spent the first 3.3m on a fancy office in san fransico, commiefornia so he could fit in with all the hip sjws he wants to be a part of

the people who fell for kikestarter pretty much paid schafer's rent

anyway, how was broken age received? i'd assume not well since all i've heard was that it's short as fuck and mediocre
>>
>>319373365
We can safely assume that it drove Tim's career to the ground, especially after the puppet show
>>
>>319373992
well he still gets away with whatever he wants due to the hordes of nostalgia-blinded fanboys, psychonauts 2 is happening and will probably make millions over it's goal

people are just gullible I guess. Maybe they just don't know about spacebase/massive chalice/broken age
>>
>>319374168
>psychonauts 2 is happening and will probably make millions over it's goal
And then it'll be announced that it's still not enough and the game will have to be released episodically.
>>
File: 3uMTf9o.jpg (260 KB, 1192x665) Image search: [Google]
3uMTf9o.jpg
260 KB, 1192x665
>>319374168
>spacebase
Thankfully those nice people from RWS kept reminding me about that
>>
>>319374365
and then it'll make millions over whatever they ask for next and etc etc

everything is fucked

>>319374415
>lattes are expensive, you know?

kek
>>
>>319370671

Short answer is Tim took too fucking long to write the script.

>>319373992

Psychonauts 2 has already raised nearly 2 million.
>>
>>319374415
I forgot Postal 2 had an expansion this year. Did it really include that image?
>>
20 months of development + 40 people working on it in the credits (not including voice acting) = like $40,000 a month average per worker after taking out Kickstarter's cut and all the money required to send out the rewards.

And that's BEFORE voice acting for only half of the game.

I don't know what they were expecting to do with the original $300,000 they were asking for.
>>
>>319370671
>Schafer
Sounds like Jewish tricks to me!
>>
>>319374823
meant $40,000 per year
>>
>>319374823

The original idea was to make a very small game and document the development process from beginning to end. But he got 10x as much as he asked for so Tim became way too ambitious like when he was essentially given a blank check for Brutal Legend.
>>
>>319370671
>Elijah Wood
Elijah Wood is cheap as fuck, bro. Have you seen all the low budget movies he's been in lately?
>>
>>319370671
They basically used up all of the money to hire a bunch of hollywood actors, not just Frodo. Hell it wasn't just 3.3 Million, he was also dipping into the funds from other games to fuel Broken Age too.
What was really fucking funny was that he also used the money to get a new luxurious office and then throw a big wild house party.
>>
>>319374802
Yes, they also had another poster for Psychonuts with a tagline about Tim milking his fans over it.
>>
>>319375253
This
The cycle was
Lets make a smallish game and document the journey>Holy shit we got all the money, lets make something worthwhile out of this>Oh shit we spent all the money trying to ramp up the game
>>
File: fish.jpg (221 KB, 1679x941) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
221 KB, 1679x941
>>319375626
>throw a big wild house party.
Was that the one where everyone's favourite dev was the DJ?
>>
>>319375983
Yes, he only played one track the entire time because the second one got cancelled and he sold off the rest
>>
>>319376065
>>
>>319375847

On the plus side the documentary people did a hell of a job and all the episodes are up for free on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVwg-9WL3dE&list=PLIhLvue17Sd7F6pU2ByRRb0igiI-WKk3D&index=2
>>
>>319373365
Its an awful game. Act 1 is really good but act 2 is really bad. We are talking "mass Effect 3's ending" level of bad here.
>>
>>319376572

It's not THAT bad but it's painfully obvious it was a three act story that ended with the second. If Tim knew what he was doing and budgeted properly they could have had a third act taking place in the Plague Dam/Loruna dealing with the overthrow of the Thrush but nope, they fucked up so they just summarize it in the credits.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.