[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you have plenty of stuff to do in FFXIV but you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: ffxiv_11102015_131321.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_11102015_131321.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw you have plenty of stuff to do in FFXIV but you don't want to do any of it because its not fun and absolutely pointless
>>
I can never go back. I did all the content before the expansion and bottled the entire time in order to make millions of gil on the marketplace. Then I used it all to help buy a house for the guild. I can't go back knowing I wasted so much money.
>>
>>319370183

Botted*
>>
>>319370043
TFW you log in to wipe to savage turn 4 for a few hours a week and that's it

R-r-r-relic will save the game right?
>>
>>319370313
>calling Alexander floors "turns"

They were called that in the Binding Coil for a reason.
>>
Heavensward is so fucking boring to me I haven't played since the first month it dropped.
>>
File: ffxiv_11112015_084922.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_11112015_084922.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Krile will never verbally abuse you

Why even play?
>>
>>319370313
>R-r-r-relic will save the game right?

No because there's no actually fun content to use it for.
>>
File: shiroe.png (369 KB, 800x848) Image search: [Google]
shiroe.png
369 KB, 800x848
>>319370043
>Sightseeing log
That sounds fun, maybe it'll help me discover some of the more beautiful landscapes and areas of the world.
>Go jump to this hard to reach spot in some random room.
Fuck.

>Gold Saucer
Hey, thats neat. I remember GS on FF7 being fun as hell.
>Four shitty arcade machines and six half assed events that are more bullshit than fun.
Fuck.

>Crafting
Holy shit! This crafting system seems surprisingly robust.
>loot drops rain powerful gear from the sky making anything you craft nothing more than an exercise in tedium.
Fuck.
>>
The base game was pretty good. I usually don't like WoW clones, but the world and gameplaykept me entertained.

Then Havensward came out... Endless fetch quests and forced dungeons. Couldn't even finish that crap. Doubt I'll ever play the game again.

Just give me Dragon Quest X Squeenix. At least I know I won't get tired of that.
>>
>>319370043
Not to mention that most things require a party and most players are brainless, so you're fucked if you want the end game trials and dungeons.
>>
>>319375589
that really pissed me off. Why can't I just solo shit? I'm not trying to be some Kirito faggot, I just don't want to deal with idiots and I think it might be challenging.

I also don't like how the game gimps you if you enter an area over leveled.
>>
>>319376160

The major problem with FFXIV, aside from being a WoW clone and a lack of exploration, is that the whole game is a single player game. Except for dungeons that force you to team with people. Some dungeons you can even solo. But the game always forces you to have set roles with you.

As a BRD, I was able to solo every dungeon up to level 50. The tank would die, then I'd just run around and kite everything until the enemy/boss died. This worked on every dungeon except the Malboro one at level 46. I actually enjoyed the game more at that time than the post game 12 man raids. Which were just a chore of repetitive monotony disguised as multiplayer.

If 90% of the game is gonna be solo, might as well just make it a single player RPG with AI teammates.
>>
Idk I like it
>>
>>319376520
>is that the whole game is a single player game
Yeah, that felt really weird to me. The story completely centers around your character (even tells you that you're a one of a kind chosen one) and none of the side missions or auxiliary content is enhanced with or requires other players.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.