[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this fucking level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
What braindead From employee thought Shrine of Amana had acceptable level design?

>can't run past enemies because the water slows you down and the map is linear as fuck
>spellcasters shoot homing projectiles that follow you halfway across the map and take away up to a third of your hp
>if you're using melee, getting close enough to kill the one that's shooting at you makes the next one start shooting at you too
>in the second half of the level most spellcasters are guarded by an archdrake so if you're a melee character you have to bait them away so you can fight them without having to deal with the spellcasters
>if you just use a bow against everyone there's no challenge because the area is open with almost no obstacles and you can just shoot them all to death with poison arrows from across the map

I understand designing an area so that it favors the use of certain items/weapons/tactics/character builds, but this seriously feels like the game is forcing you to go full ranged mode if you want to beat the level.
>>
File: 1390798058701.png (207 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
1390798058701.png
207 KB, 355x355
>pre-patch Amana
>>
>>319369596
i was literally just playing this and used close range almost exclusively
>>
I just used my bow and cheesed this area.
>>
This design is entirely intentional.
The souls games encourage you to use all of the tools at your disposal in creative ways.

Levels like this are just casual filters created to punish min-maxer specialty builds.
>>
>>319369596
double Greatswords FTW
just aced the area on NG+3
>>
File: 1449266853086.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1449266853086.gif
3 MB, 359x202
I played it at launch, it was much worse back then.
It was kind of fun though, I wish they hadn't have patched it. I'm not trying to shitpost, but the game IS noticeably easier than the first 2 games. The difficulty spike was welcome.

Side note: Its kind of bullshit that you lose the keyblade when you go to NG+, its my favourite weapon and it would be cool to play through with it from the beginning.
>>
>>319369596
Did you play pre-patch? If not you have nothing to complain about.
>>
I always roll a full melee, no magic or projectiles character, and had no problem with this part, fucking git gud, tough I agree, those fucking bitches were a pain in the ass.
>>
>>319369596

The game drops shitloads of magic resist shit right into your lap, and the projectiles are slow as all hell.

Seriously, the place is wide open and you have like 8 years to react to everything.
>>
I found Vanilla Amana easier than Sotfs Amana because Sotfs flooded it with those aquatic monsters, forcing you to attract them with a torch and to clear the area as much as possible before going for the casters.
The projectiles themselves are easy to dodge. Don't jump or roll, just walk around them.
>>
>>319369596
II is a minefield of bad design.
>>
>>319369596
Is it really that hard to fight a guy while keeping the camera swiveled around so you can see spells coming and dodge?
>>
Git gud
Souls has no flaws, you just aren't gud
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.