[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vita thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 437574685795.jpg (56 KB, 505x551) Image search: [Google]
437574685795.jpg
56 KB, 505x551
Where were you when the Vita was finally hacked kind of

http://wololo.net/2015/12/07/cobra-black-fin-an-upcoming-dongle-to-play-ps-vita-isos/
http://wololo.net/2015/12/07/ps-vita-memory-card-dumper-released-by-major-tom/

"The Black Fin allows Vita and Vita Slim Wifi and 3G users to share their Vita games over the internet.

The Cobra Black Fin Emulator card stores game ISO’s on Micro SD and the Black Fin Card is then inserted into the Vita/Vita Slim console

When connected to the Black Fin servers authentication of the Vita game is performed by matching the ISO on your Micro SD card to the same original game running on a peers’ Black Fin reader connected to his PC and the Black Fin servers or friends’ servers.

You might ask why it is necessary to authenticate the game you wish to play using an original card connected to a server?

Vita has a very secure card authentication mechanism, which to date has not been penetrated and is based on secure cryptography. It is unlikely that a direct authentication method which avoids having to use a peer to peer system will appear any time soon. As a result Cobra has designed a unique and cutting edge peer to peer sharing device which allows users to share their favourite games with friends over an internet network.

Vast resources have been poured into designing a flash card which is the same size as the original Vita card itself. Yes, the Cobra Black Fin squeezes all of its technology into a card no bigger than a Vita game card with tons of features and packing serious hardware power! When you look at the circuit board design and components used you start to understand the expertise and time required to pull off a design of this magnitude."
>>
>>319368706
Does this mean I can use micro SD cards instead of Vita memcards?
>>
>>319369120
Does that mean your ugly and stupid and smelly?
>>
It's fucking nothing.
>>
File: 4534846579.jpg (47 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
4534846579.jpg
47 KB, 1024x576
>>319368706
Fuck, I ment to post this first from the first link.

"What’s intriguing about the Black fin is how it’s going to work: the Black Fin relies on p2p sharing of the games in order to work. In order to play a specific iso, you’ll need someone, somewhere, to have the original game cartridge inserted into the “Black Fin reader” connected to their PC. It probably does not matter who that person is, or where they are, what matters is that when you attempt to play an iso, the PS Vita will try to authenticate the cartridge, which will trigger a signal on the black fin card (inserted into your vita) to look for an original cartridge somewhere on its network (the cartridge connected to some guy’s PC), and communicate with that original cartridge for authentication. One’ll still need the iso on their SD card, and the original cartridge will only need be needed for the authentication steps, I assume."
>>
>>319369769
I'm not smelly!
>>
>>319370114
That sounds fucking awful
>>
>>319370114
Fuck that's huge.
>>
>>319370114
A step in the right direction I guess, progress and all.
But it would be infinitely easier to just buy the game than set up all this shit.
>>
Well atleast is something.

The average hacking PSVita hacking community is shitting on it because muh next PSP.
>>
>>319371460
>Vita has a very secure card authentication mechanism, which to date has not been penetrated and is based on secure cryptography. It is unlikely that a direct authentication method which avoids having to use a peer to peer system will appear any time soon.
>>
>>319371543
Sounds possible to enable piracy without the need of buying the black fin and using internet to play any game.
>>
File: 1446412586986.webm (2 MB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
1446412586986.webm
2 MB, 800x448
>>319370228
It's ok, Vita BO is the best kind of BO.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.