[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the edgiest game ever made and why is it Manhunt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: manhunt.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
manhunt.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
What's the edgiest game ever made and why is it Manhunt?

inb4 Postal
>>
>>319368585
OP cant inb4 faggot
>>
All you're doing is killing criminals. I never got why this game was so controversial.
>>
File: 1449058370004.png (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449058370004.png
19 KB, 499x499
>>319369858
because of the ultra realistic violence!
>>
>>319368585
The original Manhunt was a good game, the atmosphere was great. You were in a city full of shit holes trying to scrape by and just fucking live for a couple more minutes, I fucking loved it.

Manhunt 2 was an edgefest. How they fucked the sequel up that badly i'll never know.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (212 KB, 1918x1038) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
212 KB, 1918x1038
Anyone remember this game?

No, of course you don't. I can't believe how quickly this was forgotten after a solid 2 weeks of constant threads.
>>
Bulletstorm
>>
>>319368585

Manhunt isn't that edgy
>>
File: 1440157452071.jpg (9 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
1440157452071.jpg
9 KB, 211x239
>>319370302
Yeah because after the edgelords and anti-SJW crowd got done taunting people and circlejerking over the game and actually played it, nobody wanted to talk about it anymore.

Because it is shit.
>>
>>319370302
Probably because it's a bad game. It's pretty much a bad version of Skullkid without even the excuse of being an online game.
>>
MGR
>>
>>319370302
because it sucked. if it had been a 10/10 game with content like that im sure bernie sandiers would be talking about it on the campaign trail
>>
>>319370302
>bad game from a terrible developer feeds off of assmad kids from 4chan with a game that "strikes back at SJWs"
>dipshits fall for it
>buy it
>surprise, it's terrible
>Hatred
>>
>>319369858
>Realistic depications of savage murder
Unstable kids will get ideas playing this. Funny thing is, the only other person I knew who had Manhunt was a high school buddy and he wasn't mentally deranged either

I get the urge to knock someone in the mouth for saying or doing dumb shit but I'd never put a bag over their head. That is someone who is either a career criminal or needs psychiatric help.
>>
Ninja Gaiden 3
>>
>>319370302
Even with the awful optimization issues from launch fixed, it wasn't memorable at all.

The game bordered on self parody for the most part, with THE ANTAGONIST spouting one liners like Postal Dude. And that ending holy shit
>>
I was like 14 when I played this and wasn't impressed, sure I was already versed in rotten.com and such old gems but I found even then the whole psychological aspect more frightening

and being in a locked down asylum full of violent schizophrenics is certainly scary

I guess its edgy..but you use what you're given, which just happens to be plastic bags and shards of glass.
>>
>>319368585
are you implying because it's edgy it's bad?
>>
>Tfw no Manhunt 3
RAGE engine would've perfect for it. I just don't want another 'split personality/Manchurian candidate' bs, just drop the guy in the hood for some personal agenda and he tries to survive the long winter night
>>
File: The Darkness II.jpg (40 KB, 400x567) Image search: [Google]
The Darkness II.jpg
40 KB, 400x567
This was the edgiest game I've ever played, but that's not really saying a lot
>>
That game was fucking amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iehDZRqXDE4
>>
>>319370728
>Unstable kids will get ideas playing this.

Okay Shillary
>>
File: UrbanChaosRiotResponse_ps2.jpg (43 KB, 300x429) Image search: [Google]
UrbanChaosRiotResponse_ps2.jpg
43 KB, 300x429
Anybody remember this gem?
>>
>>319373403
not him, but don't act like you didn't have that one kid at school who you knew was on edge.

that one kid who called himself "crazy" and asserted that it was the reason he didn't have a girlfriend. Maybe he Naruto ran through the quad? But more likely talked about violence/violent games & movies more than anyone else.
>>
>>319368585
Probably FF7
>>
>>319373793
I rented this shit from shit from blockbuster like three times cool game
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.