[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck thought this design was a good idea? What kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Sonic_Boom_Sonic_2.png (148 KB, 336x489) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Boom_Sonic_2.png
148 KB, 336x489
Who the fuck thought this design was a good idea? What kind of retard allowed this shit to go through? Clearly they realized it was a mistake considering Sonic is reverting back to his original design, but still.

Why was this allowed?
>>
looks fine to me

except the bandages on the shoes what the fuck
>>
>>319364920
chris go to bed
>>
DON'T
>>
>>319364920
French animators thought it looked better. I agree with them. It's still completely Sonic while looking more unique.
>>
>>319365143
CALL
>>
>>319364920

French and Americans.

And the American branch of SEGA that was in charge at the time.

Of course, all those people in charge of managing BRB are fired now. They were already confirmed going to be fired before Sonic Boom began production. Hence the shitty quality.
>>
>>319364920
BLUE
ARMS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>319365410
ANYBODY

>>319366272
Chris go away
>>
>>319364920

It objectively legitimately looks better
They're not reverting anything, boom was always its own entity and it's not going anywhere because a second season has been commissioned
>>
>>319367125
It literally doesn't
>>
i think he looks good, to be quite honest with you
>>
>>319368079

Give me one objective reason why it looks worse
>>
>>319368667
Blue arms.
>>
>>319364920
>reverting back
Except it never changed to begin with. Boom is a spin-off.
3/10 slightly rustled
>>
>>319369202

The blue arms shift the balance of colors to be more tonal instead of neutral, which makes sonic's appearance more in line with the rest of the cast whose designs are each focused around one color instead of a neutral balance.

Blue arms is an objective improvement
>>
>>319365029
It's so his shoes don't fly off his feet whenever he reaches maximum speed.

at least that's what I tell myself
>>
>>319369650
Everyone always complains about his height and scarf, I completely forgot his arms were changed.
'You know, I kind of like it.' said Bubbles
The cartoon design is well polished and the characters don't appear to freeze when they're not in focus.
The head tracking and eye twitching is something I haven't seen done as well in any other cartoon.
Though after viewing 40+ eps I still cant get to terms of Knuckles being a typical dumb hunk.
And Sonic+Eggman being Arch nemesis>enemies>rivals>friendly neighbours.
>>
>>319364920
Looks no worse than the regular piece of shit Modern Design to me
They should have never changed his design in 1998
>>
>>319364920
these designs are objective improvements over the old, dated bobblehead designs. you have a better grasp of their personalities based off of looks alone. my only gripe is with the overuse of bandages, but it's a minor thing. knuckles' buff body is cute.
>>
>>319371957
>knuckles' buff body is cute.
aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd post discarded
>>
>>319372494
>aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd
This is the kind of people that browse /v/
>>
>>319373014
says the degenerate fur fag
>>
>>319364920
>Who the fuck thought this design was a good idea?

The art director behind Jak and Daxter. He was in charge of all the redesigns for Sonic Boom.
>>
>>319371196

The biggest issue with the Boom cartoon is the lack of fluidity in the animation - movements are incredibly stiff and lack weight and expression

Luckily the show is dialogue based so it doesn't matter too much until the 20 seconds of action at the end of an episode
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.