[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vita PIRACY OFFICIALLY HAPPENING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Bfin.jpg (56 KB, 505x551) Image search: [Google]
Bfin.jpg
56 KB, 505x551
In the most round about way of all time
>The Black Fin allows Vita and Vita Slim Wifi and 3G users to share their Vita games over the internet.

The Cobra Black Fin Emulator card stores game ISO's on Micro SD and the Black Fin Card is then inserted into the Vita/Vita Slim console

When connected to the Black Fin servers authentication of the Vita game is performed by matching the ISO on your Micro SD card to the same original game running on a peers' Black Fin reader connected to his PC and the Black Fin servers or friends' servers.
For retards, You must connect your vita with the flashcart in it with the game's iso to your PC and be in a P2P network where somebody is hosting the game to authenticate your iso
>>
>>319351638
that sounds retarded
>>
>>319351638
Any official page?
>>
>>319352052
Sorry, Lapse of memory, Forgot to post the source
http://cobra-blackfin.com/index.html
>>
Will be cool once you can just force it to auth somehow.

As is this is just a way to lend games to people over distance.
>>
So basically I have to stream the game from someone?
>>
>>319352353
More like a tethered pirating. You'll have to authenticate your iso and it stays authenticated until you reboot your vita
>>
>>319351638
This looks really over complicated and requires somebody to have a real copy to authenticate which means it'll be useless for 99% of imports.
>>
>literally fucking nothing

It's not really piracy.
Someone out there somewhere actually owns the game and is "hosting" it so others can use it when they aren't.

Worst case scenario is no one buys into it and it literally does not work as intended because no one can serve up the licenses.

Best case scenario it's a buy-in-required "private tracker" style device that sort of works on older titles but nothing new.

Regardless, it's shit.

Not to mention it might also end up requiring literal exact copies of ISO's to work properly, which means no trimming which is almost always done in some form.
>>
Honestly I'm impressed at how air-tight Sony has kept the Vita security
>>
>>319354551
it's more hackers are too afraid to release shit
partially lawsuits, partially not wanting to kill it further. Paid "solutions" like this will just cause reason for free ones, just like on the 3ds
>>
It's not worth pirating vita games when their prices routinely hit $10/game

3ds on the other hand...
>>
>>319355396
>3ds

NINE POINT NINE WHEN
I
N
E

P
O
I
N
T

N
I
N
E

W
H
E
N
>>
>always online piracy

I'm literally keking so hard. Vita can't do ANYTHING right
>>
>>319355291
The paid guys want to sell games for $5 in some shady marketplace. They usually take the work of the enthusiasts, which I remember something like this being shown before where they could copy the cart and as long as it stayed on the thing would work.
>>
>>319351638
Atleast is something.

>Online piracy
>>
Well, at least we can dump games with it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.