[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw a thread earlier about Mount&Blade Warband. Is it worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: warband.png (25 KB, 621x253) Image search: [Google]
warband.png
25 KB, 621x253
I saw a thread earlier about Mount&Blade Warband. Is it worth it? Any point playing the prequel?

Picture looks scary.
>>
Warband is basically Lord of Destruction. There's no real reason to play the base version of Mount & Blade if you get Warband.

M&B is pretty good. It'll suck you time away like a bitch. You'll think you only played it for an hour or two until you realized you played it from morning to night.

Even though my PC is prehistoric and the game runs like shit on it I still managed to put way too many hours into it.
>>
Warband is the exact same game as the original, only with more content. There is no reason whatsoever to get the first one. (or any others)

The game itself is severely autistic and you will need to spend at least 200 hours to learn the basics. It's fun and you should buy it.
>>
>>319351664
>The game itself is severely autistic

How so?
Unless you play at a higher than lowest possible difficulty there's nothing autistic about it
>>
get mount & blade: warband. if you like napoleonic wars era shit, get the napoleonic wars dlc for warband as well. i wouldn't bother with the original or with fire and sword unless there is a mod for one of them that isn't available for warband.
>>
File: 1429830115390.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1429830115390.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>leading an army of Swadian knights on a glorious crusade against the Sarranid Sultanate
>>
>>319351785
There's a lot of stuff going on with little to no explanation, so you've gotta be willing to learn and not give up because the beginning can be frustrating and confusing.
>>
>>319353335

>attacked by some asshole swadians
>asshole swadians outnumber me almost 3 to 1
>tell warband to stand as close as fucking possible together and keep shields up
>i ride around fucking up archers with a lance
>get dismounted and then start fucking people up with a two handed axe
>swadian rape train is halted (although barely)

this is probably a pretty basic combat strategy but i just found it out. it was a fucking incredible fight.
>>
File: 1407972401153.jpg (72 KB, 461x500) Image search: [Google]
1407972401153.jpg
72 KB, 461x500
anyone else here conquered villages alone
>>
File: 220px-Cao_Cao_scth.jpg (17 KB, 220x270) Image search: [Google]
220px-Cao_Cao_scth.jpg
17 KB, 220x270
>>319356480
>overlevel myself and get the best gear with tourneymoney
>Warband is now Dynasty Warriors
>>
>>319348512
>It'll suck you time away like a bitch
This.
It's unreal how time fly by.
>>
>>319353624
It's just medieval STALKER, except you can get fuck huge bandit packs to rape and pillage in the name of Swadia.

>>319356480
>>319356645
>Full Plate armor
>Masterwork Halberd
>5 Knights as back-up

I lost myself in the autism of being a bandit lord.
>>
>>319353335
>leading hundreds of Mamelukes to trample and pillage the greenlands
>fuck you Graveth Rhodokia is mine now
>>
>invest like a motherfucker
>get real high in level
>train a massive army
>finally time to make my move now that money/power isn't an issue
>take a city by my lonesome
>the money almost immediately runs out as soon as I try to garrison the city and have an army big enough to take another
>eventually thousands of troops come for my city and overwhelm me

it's like clockwork how many times this has happened to me
>>
>>319348512
>Is it worth it?
For the usual $5 or whatever it goes down to on sale, of fucking course.

>Any point playing the prequel?
No, it's the same game but with fewer features.

>Picture looks scary
It looks like a joke review. Mountain Blade is fucking action packed once you get into the siege everything stage.
>>
>>319357436
just vassal to Hakim and become buds with him and eventually he'll just hand you a city for basically no reason
>>
>>319356980

Compared to WOW, it's still not that addictive. That doesn't really say much, though, as WoW is a shit game, but well, just addicitive.

Either way: I'm just about to sit the rightful queen of Swadia, Lady Isolla of Suno on her throne.

Conquered so far Suno and 2 castles and got one lord to my side. Don't know what to do next, though. I have captured 10 Swadian Lords so far and I'm riding everywhere around with them, but other castles and towns are too well fortified/maned and getting them might be a problem. Besides, I could use additional allies in my fight - I mean: more lords.

What to do? Any advices? I even captured that faggot Harlus, so rebelion should be officially over now - I should have been able to just execute him and make Isolla new queen...
>>
>>319351664
>200 hours to learn the basics
You're probably thinking of Crusader Kings. Mount and Blade is ez mode. 10 hours max to learn the basics.
>>
>>319357769

>being another mans bitch boy

no thanks senpai
>>
File: 1316787157528.png (59 KB, 455x451) Image search: [Google]
1316787157528.png
59 KB, 455x451
I have no idea how to progress in this game

>Recruit some villagers
>Get attacked by bandits
>My "soldiers" die in 10 seconds and leave alone to fight 20 guys
>Cant hit shit on my horse and its impossible to fight more than 2 guys at once without one
>Die and become prisioner
>Escape from them a week later and on the other side if the country
>Repeat
>>
>>319358046
Hakim is realest bro
>>
>>319358014
the basics include fighting Khergits without a mount and being marshal of Swadia
>>
>>319358130
Start in Swadia and recruit Lezalit ASAP
>>
File: 1429612173391.jpg (19 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1429612173391.jpg
19 KB, 636x358
I refuse to play this game because pic related
>>
>>319358130
recruit followers
only engage numerically inferior forest bandits
upgrade troops
>>
File: berserk1.jpg (349 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
berserk1.jpg
349 KB, 1024x768
I can't remember how but there's a way to get the original game for free once you buy Warband. I found out about in the M&B general. It'll show up as "Mount and Blade Demo" but it's full the game.

However, the only reason to do this is to play the great Berserk mod. Otherwise, get Warband. Fire and Sword is all right but Warband is a must.
>>
>>319357856

More importantly: can I marry her?
>>
>>319358397
>full the game
I'm dyslexic this evening, appears it.
>>
>>319353624
it's very self explanatory. You click to move. you buy weapons, armor, and shit. you raid villages for plunder. the only thing you gotta figure out for yourself is how to get good. I remember the first time I played it took me 3 hours to get an army of 15 people and I had died and lost everything 2-3 times. Now I can get to that point in 20 minutes. That's not autistic. Every good game should have good players actually be good and new players be new.
>>319358130
>>My "soldiers" die in 10 seconds and leave alone to fight 20 guys
go to practice and level them up all at least one level. also hit backspace in battle and learn field commands
>>Cant hit shit on my horse and its impossible to fight more than 2 guys at once without one
jesus christ get good
>>
>>319358130
Start out arena fighting to get a bit of practice in the ins and outs of combat
Going to towns with tournaments going is a fun way to get your feet under you
You may wish to pick up some named characters to join you on your adventures
If you see an NPC army picking a fight with bandits, join in
Carry extra horses in your inventory
>>
>>319358397
>Fire and Sword is all right
Triggered.
>>
>>319357061
>swadia

found the kek
>>
>>319358316
That's a badly installed mod. I know because I took that screenshot. It's funny as fuck.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.