[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there good JRPGs that are: 1. Story focused 2. Not grindy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: random rpg picture.jpg (95 KB, 512x320) Image search: [Google]
random rpg picture.jpg
95 KB, 512x320
Are there good JRPGs that are:
1. Story focused
2. Not grindy
3. Available on PC or can be emulated?
>>
There's plenty op.
>>
>>319339973
Like what?
>>
>>319339301
>not grindy

no

You can emulate Persona 3.
>>
>>319339301
Dragon Quest 4 onwards

it might be grindy some times but man, killing Metal Slimes is relaxing
>>
>>319339301

Shadow Hearts 1 and 2

But complaining about grinding on JRPGs make you look like a mongoloid, though.
>>
>>319340042
Suikoden 2
Final Fantasy 4,6,7-9
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre LUCT (PSP)
Growlanser 4 (PSP)

I really recommend the last 2 on that list.
>>
Suikoden 1 and 2 are super easy to emulate really well.

Once you get to the PS2 games it gets trickier unfortunately.
>>
>>319339301
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky fits the bill. Parts one and two are available on Steam.
>>
>>319339301
>3. Available on PC or can be emulated?
Literally any major one for a console that's PS2 or earlier (except Xbox HUEG but that barely got anything of note anyway) has emulation, and obviously Nintendo handheld (and PSP) does too. So your possible selection there is absolutely staggering, it's hard to know where to even start without knowing a bit more about your preferences.

Ie., how new graphics then you need? Chrono Trigger would be sort of a standard, still good starting point for what you want but obviously it's SNES. Or what do you mean by "grindy"? Pretty much every JRPG ever has options to grind if you enjoy it and sometimes some optional content that needs some grinding, but whether you really need to grind (or it just makes it easier) to beat the main story and most normal side stuff varies.
>>
>>319340431
>Once you get to the PS2 games it gets trickier unfortunately.
Not for JRPGs, at least in my experience. They're typically some of the easier ones to emulate. The tough stuff that still doesn't work right is more along the lines of Ace Combat.
>>
File: IMG_1086.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1086.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Trails in the Sky FC, SC, and 3rd
>>
>>319339301
what game?
>>
>>319340453
Second this, but I will note that while it isn't grindy it's rather long. First game is 40 hours and SC is 70.
>>
Breath of Fire
Grandia
Trails in the Sky
>>
>>319340275
I agree entirely with this anon.
Dragon Quest IX is my personal favourite. I personally spent >100 hours on its main quest, but it's probably doable in less than half that time. The post-game gets old quickly, though.

I emulated it with Desmume.
The grinding in it is mainly for getting crafting components from enemies.

I beat the main game with my characters in their main classes at level 35-ish and the other classes somewhere in the 20s.

Basically, I only did grinding so that my characters would never be KOed. I finished the final boss battle in about 15 minutes with no one even close to death, even though I think I only used one or two healing spells.
>>
>>319339301
Literally anything post 2000 that doesn't say Atlus on the cover.
>>
File: 1415773480460.gif (25 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1415773480460.gif
25 KB, 550x400
>>319340275
>killing Metal Slimes
>>
Persona 3 /4
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.