[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use health items in RPGs or do you hoard them and never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: hwcIzyw.png (30 KB, 182x208) Image search: [Google]
hwcIzyw.png
30 KB, 182x208
Do you use health items in RPGs or do you hoard them and never use them like a mentally deranged person, /v/?
>>
Used to save them thinking it was a good idea since I could really need them later, after a few years of doing this I realized how much of a moron I was and now I just spam them since I know I will find better ones later or I will need them even less.
>>
If they're hard to come by, I'll be stingy with them. If you can buy them for cheap at shops, I'll be more liberal with them.

It's one use attack items that I end up hoarding for some reason.
>>
In most games, healing items are typically so weak or a waste of a turn/time that it's more efficient to have the mage cast a healing spell.
>>
File: It can't be helped.png (218 KB, 900x851) Image search: [Google]
It can't be helped.png
218 KB, 900x851
I hoard them like a mentally deranged person. It's not even a conscious decision any more, I just do it without thinking.
>>
Depends on the game. Some healing items are so damned worthless that it's not even worth the bother of using them.
>>
File: 555.png (555 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
555.png
555 KB, 555x555
>Game has reusable items you can buy that basically work as free cures and revives without taking up a skill slot
Digital Devil Saga was cool
>>
I don't hoard items but I do hoard money. I never buy anything in shops if I don't have to.
>>
I consider them to be like trophies, commendations i had earned by simply being stubborn on boss fights by not using them. After all, the REALLY TOUGH FIGHT THAT'LL BE EVEN HARDER is just around the corner, I need the healing items for that!
>>
File: 1296873020905.jpg (27 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1296873020905.jpg
27 KB, 576x432
>>319339570
>Item heals 10HP
>Maxed HP goes over 10,000
>You can still randomly find the item towards the end of the game.
>>
I feel like if the game required you to use any of those good healing items it would be a poorly designed game. So I never use them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.