[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save gaming from those who seek to destroy it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: We will kill this industry.jpg (1 MB, 3826x1409) Image search: [Google]
We will kill this industry.jpg
1 MB, 3826x1409
How do we save gaming from those who seek to destroy it?
>>
>>319332493
don't talk about product, even negatively
weaker walleted consumers will purchase product when they're curious

talk about better things instead, drown it out
>>
You design your own games consistent with what you believe games should be. There are no other realistic options.
>>
File: 1449275852653.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449275852653.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>>319332493
Nintendo fanboy detected. How's that garbage dlc playing faggot?
>>
>>319332493
Where's nintendo then?
>>
File: Asians.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Asians.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>319333226
Nice joke.
>>
>>319332493
Nintendo should be on there
>>
>>319333586
>>319333586
sauce on that thai
>>
>>319332493
>literally everybody besides Nintendo
>>
>>319332493
Where's Nintendo?
Only company to force region locking, lack a real account system and shove physical dlc down your throat
>>
How many people can truthfully say they haven't given a single one of those companies a dime?
I feel like it would be impossible unless you're buying your games from your bud down the street who makes tetris clones for funsies.
>>
I love this image, because everyone seems to notice that Nintendo isn't on there and get's mad. They're literally going

>B-BUT NINTENDO!

to justify their points of view. If you want to be taken seriously, justify why Nintendo deserves to be on that list. They haven't done anything bad, besides region locking their consoles, which is only a minor issue since you can order consoles from various regions online.
>>
>>319333586
>physical dlc
>region locked console
>region locked controller
>censored games
>rehashed games

Nice joke.
>>
>>319333772
She has a dick.
>>
>>319332493
>No Nintendo
>No CD Projekt

Perfect.
>>
>>319334060
Why are any of the companies there?

Is it because they keep releasing rehashed unoriginal games?

Is it because they force DLC on you?

Nintendo is just as bad, only difference is they use bright colours instead of brown/grey
>>
File: 1447142468338.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447142468338.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
>>319334052
>Sony and Naughty Dog
I bought the original Jak and Daxter for my PS2 before I sold it for a Gamecube. That's pretty much all I had on it, though, and that's when Sony was good, and ND was alright.

>Capcom
Pretty much just MM 9 and 10. That's all I've given to them in the past 10 years, but they're starting to get better, somehow. Like, Capcom suddenly decided to stop being shit, and became not shit.

>Nexon
Guilty as charged. I really wanted that swimsuit for my loli mage in DFO.

I haven't given anyone else on there a single dime since the early 2000's. It's not that hard to avoid buying shit from shit devs. Sometimes, though, you just can't predict when the devs will become literally retarded.
>>
Let's just cut to the chase and say all video games are trash.
>>
>>319333837
>>319333985
>>319333671
>>319333226
>>319333161
more like wheres Valve
>>
>>319334060
>Underpowered hardware barely any more powerful than Xbox360 and PS3
>Region lock
>Shoehorned fisher price ipad that has 3 hours battery life on average
>No replaceable internal hard drive
>Doesn't come with regular controller
>constantly rehashes their IPs
>Tried to monopolise the early 90's industry and used aggressive business tactics to do so
>Shoehorned miiverse full of retarded kids and pedos
>Shitty account system, purchases tied to the individual consoles
>Poor online features (such as no first party games offering voice chat in-game between strangers)
>E-Shop is a barren wasteland more expensive than physical
>Third party support worse than the fucking N64
>Outdated architecture when literally all the competition PC included uses x86
>400x240 resolution on a handheld in 2015
>Charging a premium price for underpowered hardware
>Now doing DLC (Fire Emblem Awakening DLC all together now costs more than the base game itself) and Season Passes
>Limited fucking demo uses
>NEW 3ds pls buy again
>Forced cult of personality surrounding their execs
>Always trying to ride PC's coattails for legitimacy
>Contributed to reviving consoles from their crash, and ensured that they are relevant today
>In the process, killed Japan's infant PC industry causing their games to be held hostage by consoles
>>
>>319334629
Every company should be on that list
>>
>>319334443
Are you retarded?
>Rehashing
New Super Mario Bros are the only rehashes. For better or for worse, Nintendo tries to branch out for the sequels, which can be great, like in the case of Mario Kart 8, or shit, like in the case of Paper Mario Sticker Star.
>Nintendo
>Bad DLC
They're basically doing what everyone did back in the N64 days - offering expansion packs. They're developing these things after the game was released. No one had a problem with ExPacks in the past. The only possible negative is that the Sm4sh DLC is a bit pricey.
>>
>>319334429
sauce please

Where is Valve and Nintendo?
>>
>No Valve
>No Nintendo

>No creator of modern DRM practises
>No creator of on-disk DLC locked behind McDonalds toys
>>
>>319334751
Mario kart is a rehash
Mario sports games are all rehashes
Animal crossing, each game is the same with barely any change
There's many more

Nsmb isn't the only rehash
>>
>>319333226
>>319333161
>>319333671
>>319333837
>>319333985
>>319334060
>>319334430
Nintendo is basically irrelevant these days and 99.9% of that list is bullocks. Stuff like 2k definitely shouldn't be on there. It should be Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, and EA. Potential others are Bethesda and Activision. All in all 99.9% of those companies other don't commit anything as crazy as EA, Ubi, M$, and Sony do. I mean Sony quite literally just paid for the ONLY major VR game to be exclusive to their stupid shitty headset. Literally the only reason their doing it because of the advertising their drones will go around singing their praises. It's not like co-developing a game they just straight fucking bought it.
>>
>>319332493
The only company I REALLY would want taken away for good wojld have to be EA.
They've destroyed so many good gaming studios and shit on so many franchises I feel genuine anger over them.
>>
>>319334060
I own a WiiU and will admit you are an idiot. Nintendo has been doing nothing but making terrible decisions for years and even the Wii (their most successful system) was cheapened by waggle nonsense. The gamepad's best feature is off screen play, and for that you've sacrificed processing power in your system to compensate for the cost, which is fundamentally stupid. There are other things to mention but I don't need to, you know what you did
>>
>>319334238
>physical dlc

I will NEVER understand how this can ever be considered a bad thing

Yes, It's fucking PHYSICAL. It doesn't rely on servers. It's future proof. You actually own it, instead of owning a digital license. You buy it once and use it for multiple games. You get a CHEAP figure (when compared to similar sized figures of similar quality, which start at 30 bucks) for fucks sake.

More shit needs "Physical" DLC. I'm fucking sick of this cancerous digital-only bullshit. Put it on a fucking disc or something. God damn.
>>
>>319335315
What major VR game? They all look like B games and indie. No one is going to be spending upwards of $40m for a VR game except for when Star Citizen comes out. That's the only AAA VR game.
>>
>>319334663
>Underpowered hardware
Is this a "bad" thing? They can still run 1080p 60fps games like Smash 4, or MK8. More powerful hardware does not mean better games, it usually leads to stagnation, since it costs more money to develop better looking games, and companies don't want to take risks to innovate. This is why we have 30 million CoD games that all essentially play the same.
>Region Lock
Only valid complaint
>Implying the Game Pad isn't better than the DS4, or that you can't just use the Pro
>No need to include the Pro, since it's not required for any game, and would drive up the asking price for the console
>There is no need for a replaceable HDD
>Rehash meme
>Was fighting Sega, who was trying the same bullshit, in the 90's
>Miiverse is optional, and can be turned off in games
Still isn't a negative, either. Miiverse is probably the best "new" thing any of the consoles have to offer.
>Account system isn't that bad, since it allows you to transfer games (in the case of the 3DS)
>Implying Nintendo is going to allow you to talk to little kids
You literally just complained about muh pedos on Miiverse, too, you hypocritical, two-faced faggot
>E-shop is barren and expensive
But it's not. Well, barren is kinda true. I wish they'd add more games to it. That's not a bad business practice, though.
>It's Nintendo's fault that you don't get your yearly Assassin's Creed or CoD on the Wii U

The rest of your post is inane bullshit that no one really cares about. Why complain that a game is getting DLC added to it after release? Would you rather them just stop developing for it and let it be, or have the option to buy content the developers made for it after release?

It's like you've never heard of Expansion Packs.

Also
>Muh limited demos
Demos are supposed to be limited, chuckle fuck. At least they offer demos in the first place, unlike everybody else.
>>
>>319335408
I own a Wii U as well, and you're an idiot.
>Terrible decisions
Yes, but that isn't hurting anyone but themselves. It's no skin off my back if they decided to confuse the normies by naming the Wii U so similarly to the Wii. "Waggle nonsense" wasn't even used in half of the Wii games, anyways, besides for adding additional control methods to the games (such as mapping Mario's spin to the waggle in the Galaxy games, or Wario's shake in Land). The Wii also offered support for the Gamecube controller, which is what everyone used for Mario Kart and Smash anyways, and the consensus is that the "waggle" only helped games like Metroid Prime Trilogy and the Pikmin games.

>The gamepad's best feature
That's subjective. A lot of people don't mind the dip in FPS for the off screen play, and the gamepad has a lot of other functionality. I actually get disappointed when I find out that I can't just skip a lot of the nonsense by typing things in on the gamepad, like in Smash. It's really handy, and added a ton of options for games on the system.
>>
>>319335462
The Crytek game.
>>
>>319332493
the only viable solution i can see is to change the review industry from suckups and apologists to genuine critics

but how we then go about that who can really say
>>
>>319336478
I don't think that's exclusive. It was also announced for Oculus before PSVR.
>>
>>319332493
advance warfare was actually pretty good
>>
>>319332493
>No Konami

Yeh sure bub.
>>
>>319335436
Back in my day we called "physical dlc" expansion packs.
>>
>>319332493

>no wargaming in the OP image

for shame
>>
>>319332493
I'm confused. How are half of these companies killing the industry?
>>
>>319332493
The real enemy is the petty indie cunt that made this image.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.