[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was born in 1997, what is this? Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (45 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
45 KB, 256x255
I was born in 1997, what is this? Is it good?
>>
No. It was hilariously bad. No voice acting, lego characters, edgy liberal message about the environment, no dlc, and they had the audacity to charge $50 for three discs, potentially crippling the company financially instead of just selling the three discs separate.
>>
before anyone gets any ideas op is 18 now

anyway, FF7 was meh on release, I was 18 then and I didn't bother period because consoles were always shit. I was playing Daggerfall all the time and honestly that's a much better game especially twenty years on.
>>
>>319330483
>1997 kids are allowed to post here

Fuck, i wish this shitty board would be at least for 23+ year old persons but still, you can't stop the underages here.
>>
>>319330808
1997 kids are able to be 18 now.
That's not underage you dingus.
>>
>>319330749
>>319330704
Lets play which is the bigger bait
>>
i don't know. i remember watching my friend play it and he was on a chocobo.

i downloaded it last year on the ps3 and didn't even bother finishing the 1st level. i think i've been spoiled by modern vidya though.
>>
>>319330886
In my eyes, 18 kids are still underage
>>
>>319330940

Daggerfall came out in 1996 and was better in every way compared to FF7 if only because there's more RPG'ing and more stuff to actually do in game. FF7 is a console game with all the problems that brings.
>>
It was a 10/10 when it came out. There was literally nothing quite like it on consoles (which was the dominant market btw). Also RPGs where at its peak, and it pretty much brought the mainstream gamers to that genre.

But it has aged like milk and probably /v/ would have hated at the time because of contrarianism
>>
>>319330954

that was true until the 1950s when liberals lowered the "adult" age from 21 to 18
>>
No it's not good.

Neither is this board.

Is this an addiction? Why am I posting on a place that I loathe? I need to get a life.
>>
>>319331382
Shame
>>
>>319330483
EPISODIC
P
I
S
O
D
I
C
>>
>>319331284

>(which was the dominant market btw)

nobody's debating that, consoles had a larger install base because they had more retail space set aside for them
>>
>>319331774
You ever stop to think about why that is?
>>
>>319330483
>Is it good?
It's one of the better FF's.
>>
>>319331774
No, they had a larger install base because they had better games. PC back then was pretty much all CRPGs and FPS games. All the platformers, action games, racing games, RPGs, and every other genre you can think of were console-exclusive.
>>
File: Ff10_logo[1].jpg (781 KB, 1775x1152) Image search: [Google]
Ff10_logo[1].jpg
781 KB, 1775x1152
>People born after this game released are now old enough to fuck

Where did the time go?
>>
>>319330483
Pretty good and still holds up very well to this day and this is coming from a non-nostalgiafag that played it recently. Best game in the series tbqh.
>>
>>319331876

No, because I know why that is: consoles are kids' toys and made more money than PCs.

>>319331991

>they had a larger install base because they had better games.

They had prettier graphics, but most console games were middling. It appealed firstly to children, both Nintendo and Sega focused all their advertising on selling their consoles to parents not regular gamers.

Of course this was back when Radioshack sold Tandys, so I seriously don't expect you to remember any of this (not trying to be rude here, honestly).
>>
>>319332551
Games were much more kid-friendly, yes, but they were also a hell of a lot more fun. I'd take a market oversaturated with bright and colorful platformers over today's market oversaturated with bald 30-something space marines any day.
>>
>>319331382
>that was true until the 1950s when liberals lowered the "adult" age from 21 to 18
That isn't true. It varied from state to state. You could be 14 in some states and get married, drink at 18 and people were starting families earlier on average so you could say the adult age has actually gone up.
>>
File: 1431464057868.png (7 KB, 138x153) Image search: [Google]
1431464057868.png
7 KB, 138x153
>>319330483
This retarded 1997 meme needs to die.

Most 1997 "Gamers" first console was the PS1 anyway. And I'm sick of age memeing in general such as

>person born in X year is now X years old :OOOOO

Yes, you're not a kid anymore, and there are people younger than you. No wonder your fucking generation just can't seem to fucking grow up. You still have the mindset of a child were everything must be older than you.
>>
>>319332772

It was the same thing though, you only have the preference because of nostalgia. It's worth remembering that both the ios and google play stores have loads of bright and colorful platformers.

Though one thing has changed: consoles are more multi-media machines nowadays than anything else. I feel bad for even comparing a PS4 to a NES or Dreamcast because modern consoles are built more for streaming than anything else.
>>
>>319330808
WAAA WAAA I WANT MY BIG BOY /V/ WITH OLD MEN WAAA
>>
>>319333306

big boy /v/ is /vr/

I come to /v/ for /v/ and nothing else but /v/

come at me fagkuck
>>
>>319331774
>>319331991
>>319332551
>they had a larger install base because they had better games.

Consoles were just a lot more accessible than PC's. Remember having to go into dos to install shit on win95? My first time installing Doom 2 my dads computer BSOD'd and I had hardware compatibility problems with Half life. PC's may have also been more expensive in comparison but I could be wrong on that one.
>>
>>319332108
I've been fucking one of my high school friend's daughters who is now in her early 20's tbqh senpai. Where has the time gone indeed
>>
>>319332108

people who like final fantasy X and X-2 should be shot
>>
>>319331236
>>319330749

Daggerfall, like every PC RPG, has no soul and is basically for autists who just want to fuck around and do meaningless shit for hours on end while watching numbers rise.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.