[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Nintendo in 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1447870424104.png (1 MB, 924x3597) Image search: [Google]
1447870424104.png
1 MB, 924x3597
Now that the year is nearly over and all major titles have been released, can you offer any final serious thoughts or opinions on Nintendo's overall performance in 2015? How was it compared to 2014? What do you think they did well? What do you think they did bad? What were their shortcomings this year? What did you personally enjoy from them this year? Do you feel as if alternative ventures like amiibo, Universal theme park partnerships, smartphone gaming, and expansion of IPs into other mediums like movies and TV shows will help or hinder them in the long run? What will they need to change in order to perform better in 2016? And judging by the current outlook of things, does 2016 look like it'll be a better year than this year?

Discuss.
>>
>>319328341
>kinda bad year for Nintendo
>We still got Splatoon, Mario Maker, Woolly World, Paper Jam and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Might not have been their best year, but we still got more exclusives worth playing than the other consoles.

I'm still glad I went PC + Wii U,
There were honestly more Nintendo games worth playing this year than multiplats for my PC.
I'd be bored as fuck without my Wii U and 3DS
>>
>>319328341
Wow, Super Mystery Dungeon got a 73? Impressive. Usually MD games are screwed over hard on these kinds of things.
>>
>>319330404
>>319329469
Oh yeah, I forgot about Super Mystery Dungeon, this game has been a blast so far too
>>
>>319330404
It did call itself the "D E F I N I T I V E" MD game on the back of the box.
>>
File: 51mdkt89i2L.jpg (39 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
51mdkt89i2L.jpg
39 KB, 500x446
Was a really shitty year for 3DS besides Majora's Mask 3D and Pokemon SMD.

But was a good Wii U year.

Anyway, 3DS already won 2016 so it was worth to suffer
>>
>>319330873

I'm not sure what you mean by "win". Vita and 3DS aren't really competing anymore. Vita is for niche weeb games. 3DS is for general games. The market is completely different.

Your pic also confuses me, since Zero Time is coming to Vita and Vita will likely be the better version for everything but notes.
>>
>>319331557
So what? ZE3 will be both 3DS and Vita 2016 GOTY
>>
>>319331752

I'm not disputing that, just saying that it's kinda strange to say 3DS won 2016 with a multiplat game that will likely be the inferior version. Not sure why he wouldn't show one of the other great games coming out.
>>
>>319330721
It's been really fun. Really enjoyable if you've played all the other games too.

>>319330771
It did. I hope it's not the last though. It would be quite the tragedy.
>>
>>319331557
No one mentioned the Vita, Shitard.
>>
>>319331557
>niche weeb games
Both systems have niche weeb games. The Vita is the one with borderline eroge.
>>
>>319331557
I was comparing 3DS and Wii U.

Wii U > 3DS this year
3DS > Wii U next year (as far as it seems)
>>
While 2015 was okay in terms of Wii U 2014 was way way better. We got Dong Freeze, MK8, Sm4sh and Bayo 2, simply an incredible line up.
>>
>>319333125
Forgot Hyrule Warriors and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
>>
File: 1445539771280.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445539771280.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>>319328341
>THIS IS NOT BAIT?
>I'M NOT BEING UNFAIR SEE?
>>
>>319328341
Why are Rodea, Devil's Third, Fatal Frame, Legend of Legacy and LBX on there? Nintendo published some of those games, but they are still third party. If you were taking exclusives into account, then MH4U is missing.

Also, the fact that Pokémon Picross got a higher score than Triforce Heroes and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. is just retarded.
>>
>>319333601
Picross in general is pretty fun, anon. Don't dismiss it just because it isn't HYPERACTIVE TRIPLE AAA ACTION YEEEAAAAAH. Pokemon coat of paint helps too.
>>
>>319333601
>he doesn't like picross
Literally gay.
>>
>>319333782
>>319334198

Dude, I have Picross e1~6 on my 3DS, I've played Picross 3D on the DS so hard I developed Tetris syndrome, and I'm waiting with abated breath for Picross 3DS. I have played Pokémon Picross for the past few days since it came out, I'm fresh out of Picrites and the cost for moving forward is absurdly steep, so either I pay for more or just grind daily challenges.

It was nice as long as it lasted, but unless you want to pay it turns into a slog, and the idea to enforce the use of the stylus in menus is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>319334303
>abated breath
I meant bated obviously.
>>
>>319329469
>PC + Wii U

That's how it's always been for me.
Nintendo + PC
All the worthwhile games unavailable for PC are on Nintendo consoles, specially Nintendo games and the worthwile Playstation/Xbox games are usually released on PC sooner or later.

Sure I'll miss one or two good Playstation/Xbox games, but I won't buy a console just for that.

My dream is for Nintendo to one day release for PC so that I won't ever have to buy a console again.
>>
>>319328341
My WiiU is a better partner to my PC than a PS4 or an Xbone would be.
I have over ten games for my WiiU, which is more than I would buy for either of the other two consoles.
I think the Amiibos are kinda cool.
>>
>7 mario games
>4 Pokemon games
>1 year

Can't believe people still stick with that shit console, I know it's dead and all but still, nobody should be putting up wit hthat level of rehashery and if you don't like PS4/Xbox One fine, still doesn't excuse that bullshit
>>
>>319335917
Hidden ;^)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.