[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the game is put and people arent jumping the gun How's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: resize.jpg (39 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
39 KB, 500x400
Now that the game is put and people arent jumping the gun How's the localization? Dont really give a shit about the tit slider and lin costume everyone is trying to focus on and Ill tolerate dolls being changed to skells albeit begrudgingly, was anything actually important changed?
>>
People complaining about the localization were just shitposters: No one actually playing the game brings it up at all.

Even the people on Miiverse complaining about it don't seem to actually own the game, since they never provide screenshots. That being said, the game is plenty sexy... Elma looks great.
>>
>>319328645
Well of course did you see how w101 got shat up before release? I just wanna know if anything relevent was actually changed by people who played the game
>>
>>319328330
Its no where near as bad as /v/ built it out to be, its actually kind of decent and I have no issues with the dub. Its kind of expected though since they focused exclusively on the slider and not anything else.
>>
>>319329871
Alright thanks Ig uess.
>>
It's great and even the town passerby dialogue is fun and worth reading, but Tatsu is god damn annoying.
Still not as good as the first game but considering I had no expectations since this was NOA instead of NOE, I guess you could say it was above average.
>>
>>319331074
https://www.youtube.com/watch>v=49SM77E9uXw

I see why everyone loves potato so much
>>
No tit slider

Censored garbage

Forcibly inserted memes

Its shit
>>
>>319328330
Outside of the slider and lin the only complaints Ive heard had to do with renamings. Mainly Dolls>Skells and Testament> Reclaimers. So it should be fine
>>
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72947388

read through that, also JP dlc is free so 16 characters
>>
File: we need this for v.png (20 KB, 303x215) Image search: [Google]
we need this for v.png
20 KB, 303x215
>>319328645
Do any of them have the played game icon?
>>
>>319336370
if /v/ had that function it'd remove 90% of shitposting and kill the board

I want it
>>
>>319334748
Go ask one of your normalfag friends if they can decipher what the organization "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator" is responsible for just by hearing the name, then you will know why they changed it to "Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of the Earth"
>>
>>319337061
holy shit that's literal word salad
>>
>>319337061
That shit is word salad but isn't that basically "Surpass god and seize your own destiny"? I can see why they changed it and the 2nd one more or less describes what the organization actually does.
>>
>>319337872
Pretty much, though I imagine that most people will get tripped up on "artificial" because it tends to carry the connotation of "false" or "inauthentic". They'll be sure to think "why would I want to free the wrong destiny?", that and I'm pretty sure most people don't know what "logos" means.
>>
French is OK except for the obligatory item names that all games can't make right
>>
>>319339092
I know about logos from English and Composition classes I had to take, I think for the few people that know what logos is dont know how its used in this context, for most people it simply means "to reason with" or "to think logically" rather than the intended meaning in this context which is something along the lines of either "the infallible state of way of the universe" or "the word of god".

The artificial aspect original acronym probably makes much more sense as you go through the game, though it should be easy enough to figure out before you are explicitly told if you are able to follow conversations and notice the way people are talking.
>>
>>319328330
It's not very good if you've played both versions. Meaning the Japanese and the English version. Some quests have no context because they've been completely rewritten. So far it's been a subpar localization.
>>
>>319341191
No context, care to elaborate? do you mean they've been disassociated with the main plot or something?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.