[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sad music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Why is the entire soundtrack in this game melancholic?
Has any other game done something similar? It's kinda interesting.
>>
>>319325468
Not exactly what you wanted but have it anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtfpV4GWZao
>>
>>319325468

The composer Ben Hogue has a page on his site where he talks about his work on the Arcanum soundtrack that's a really good read.

http://benhouge.com/arcanum.html
>>
who's the elf in the cover? daughter of that elf queen?
>>
>>319327110
I've heard all of them desu
>>
>>319328527
I'm pretty sure it's the Queen of dark elves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnWCcC_DNV4
>tfw one of the best tracks in the game didn't even get implemented
>>
>>319329547
I'm pretty sure it's in the game somewhere, I recognize it.
>>
>>319329742

I recently replayed the game and can't say I stumbled upon that piece.
>>
>>319328369
This is pretty wicked. Wish more game composers had this clear an idea of what they wanted and given the appropriate time, rather than coming into the project for a few weeks and working off vague suggestions by the lead designer
>>
>>319325468
>Why is the entire soundtrack in this game melancholic?
Kinda fits the game, doesn't it? The entire game is pretty sad.
>>
>>319331757
I mean, it definitely works. It's incredibly memorable and works to create a mood, but it can get a bit crushing in long stretches.
>>
Fuck, I really need to reinstall this and play it again. Dig through the garbage bins of Tarant for parts so I can build myself an elephant gun.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.