[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Battlefront may lack "depth," EA exec admits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 20
File: starwarsbattlefrontheader.jpg (89 KB, 640x341) Image search: [Google]
starwarsbattlefrontheader.jpg
89 KB, 640x341
>"We had designed it to be a much more accessible product to a wide age group," Jorgensen said, noting that it's one of just a few teen-rated shooters on the market. "So, an eight-year-old could play with his father on the couch, as well as a teenager or 20-year-old could play the game and enjoy it. It is more accessible. And for the hardcore, it may not have the depth that they wanted in the game."

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-may-lack-depth-ea-exec-admits/

How does lack of depth equals being more accesible? Is EA that incompetent?
>>
I guess by depth they mean complexity else the vocabulary they use there is plain fucked.
>>
>>319322813
but without depth, how do you expect people to p(l)ay more often
>>
>>319322813
>How does lack of depth equals being more accesible? Is EA that incompetent?

Accessibility will always come at the expense of depth, no matter who's at the helm of the project, not just EA.
>>
>>319322813
>So, an eight-year-old could play with his father on the couch
Unless his dad is a PC gamer you fucking shits. Why remove local co-op from the only platform that can handle rendering the world twice without any shortcomings to fps?
>>
>>319322813
It's not like the previous games were ocean deep or something.
They're full of shit
>>
You don't have to have depth to appeal to the hardcore, especially since most of the appeal is star wars itself in the first place.

It just needs balance and variety, which is what truly hurt it.
>>
>>319323374
Are you talking about Battlefront or Battlefield? Because Battlefront II has a lot of depth to it's combat, and to be honest Battlefield has it too, at least it had until 3.
>>
File: Clone_commander.jpg (77 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Clone_commander.jpg
77 KB, 800x600
>>319323374
You take that back.
>>
>>319323623
How deep was Battlefront II?
>>
>>319323870
Not deep at all.
>>
>>319322813
>Is EA that incompetent?

Yes, of course they are.
>>
>And for the hardcore, it may not have the depth that they wanted in the game.

Yeah, fuck whoever was expecting it to be a sequel to Battlefront II, right? I guess they should have named it something else if they didn't want to be true to the franchise ideals, it's not like the Battlefront brand had any commercial value attached to it in the first place.
>>
>>319322813
I don't see why everyone seems to think "more accessible, less depth." Pokemon is incredibly accessible, and it's got so much bullshit to get into that I don't even bother trying. You can have depth with accessibility. You just can't be lazy about it.
>>
>>319323826
I always thought those guys had huge beards
>>
When I was 8, I was beating every game I could come in contact with, save some text-heavy RPGs since English wasn't my native language. How about we stop treat the players like retards and actually let them learn the game? This game will be dead soon. It's already lower player numbers than BF4 on PC.
>>
>>319322813
>depth
>basic shit that can make a person play for dozens of hours more than average that has been shown in a number of shooters
>this counts as depth
>>
>>319324125
A lot of games have depth and are accesible at the same time, good examples are the earlier Mario Party games, Binding of Isaac and The Wonderful 101. When they're too lazy to add depth to their game they come with this "but we needed to make it more accesible!" excuse.
>>
>>319322813
>How does lack of depth equals being more accesible?

Isn't it obvious? If they had added any more than 4 maps then the casuals would have angrily dropped the game.
>>
>>319322813
> an eight-year-old could play with his father on the couch

How? It has no split-screen? Fucking execs, I swear
>>
>>319324140
Nope.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Marines
>>
>>319323339
not true. many game have a surface gameplay and a set of optional stuff for more demanding people it's not special at all.
>>
>>319323826
I love both games, but I honestly think it wasn't really deep
The main attraction is playing as a normal foot soldier in Star Wars universe anyway
>>
>>319324437
It has 2 player splitscreen, that combined with the visuals are the only thing I can give DICE credit for.
>>
>>319322813
So what he is trying to say is that they marketed the game towards a more casual audience and they failed to meet sales expectations because those people didn't buy the game. And now the people that give them money, the hardcore audience isn't buying this game either.
>>
>>319324327
>the earlier Mario Party games
>depth

>Binding of Isaac
>accessibility

>The Wonderful 101
I don't actually know or care.
>>
>>319324763
Mario Party has a lot of hidden variables that can be manipulated if you're a veteran player while casual play will be mostly based on luck, so yeah it has depth. Also accessibility means it's easy to pick up and play, not that the game itself is easy, Binding of Isaac is just that, easy to pick up and play.
>>
>>319324979
>accessibility means it's easy to pick up and play, not that the game itself is easy

I'm not sure that we agree fully on that.
>>
This game is DOA. I know plenty of Normies that grew up playing Battlefront 2 and even they think it is low quality.
>>
What exactly is depth in a game like battlefront?
Variety and content is what its lacking, which is fine for their target audience "the 8 year old and his dads starwars nostalgia, neither of which really plays games".
By hardcore gamers they mean people who actually play games and expect some standards to be met.
Its weird how these devs aim to please an audience that doesnt play games in the first place.
Theyre just being greedy and fucking lazy, casualizing/dumbing everything down and then saying "were making it more accessable!"
>>
>>319324027
>original Battlefront games
>depth
You have literally lost all perspective on reality. Nostalgia has given you brain damage.
>>
>>319325275
Normally, release sales matter a ton, but I'm sure they're banking on the movie hype to sell the game. It probably has to bomb two weeks into episode VII's theater presence, and even then they have Christmas to legitimize the product to shareholders at the very least.

I doubt EA's going to lose any money on Battlefront. Due in absolutely no part to the game's quality, but still
>>
>>319322813
"accessible" is apparently the new word for "so simple it's dull"

the previous battlefront games were plenty accessible, i don't see why they had to strip more out
>>
>>319325275
This game is anything but low quality. Lacking in content? Sure. But what's there is pretty much as high quality as it comes.
>>
Honestly, I think Battlefield: Star Wars with blaster weapon properties would end up being a much better game
>>
>>319325143
Then you're a dunce who can't into good game design
>>
>>319325524
I agree, people who thought BFII had any depth are pretty stupid.

What BFII did have was a combination of focus on the game modes that mattered and fun content that could be played over and over again without it getting old. For fuck sake, BF:EA's Heroes vs Villains mode is 6v6 and doesn't allow for duplicate heroes to spawn, so 3 players on each team are regular grunts.
>>
File: 1449479812641.jpg (74 KB, 415x439) Image search: [Google]
1449479812641.jpg
74 KB, 415x439
>>319322813
It took them 5 Battlefield game releases to realize theyre eliminating depth for money.
>>
>>319325658
>i don't see why they had to strip more out

To save money obviously, adding additional features to a game costs money since it requires development time but since the increase in the value of the game is marginal they decided to keep features to a bare minimun.
>>
Can someone post Battlefront 2 webms? I want to feel nostalgic.
>>
Now you know how melee fans felt.
>>
>>319325753
If by high quality you mean "Shiny graphics" and good sound effects which is about all it does right. The gameplay is utter trash
>>
>>319325821
>have Heroes vs Villains mode
>only have 6 hero units
That's stupid
>>
>>319323131
You don't, there's just enough gameplay to tie over till Battlefront 2, EA is not stupid they know what they're doing.

If Battlefront had depth and actual solid content why would anyone buy the next installment day one? This is EAs marketing thinking.
>>
>>319326197
There are 7 units on each side iirc.
>>
>>319325895
But anon, this game is on the frostbite engine. They could have used BF4 as a base as it would have been a WAY better game.

>Classes
>Voip
>36 v 36
>A Squad system instead of the dumbass buddy system
>The ability to pick your spawn point
>Vehicles that could be jumped into and driven/flown out of a hanger, except replace hanger with capital ship

The absolute laziest development choice would have made for a much better game. Just mess with the values for iron-sight aiming bonus if you wan't to make the game more casual, but every other change is fucking inexcusable.
>>
>>319326312
>This is EAs marketing thinking

Since when marketing became anti-consumer?
>>
>>319326372
Wrong.
Rebels have Luke, Han, and Leia while Emps have Vader, Boba, and Sheev.
>>
>>319326372
>Rebel
Luke, Han, and Leia
>Empire
Vader, Boba, and Emperor

Who else?
>>
i dont really get it. the first two battlefronts didn't have deep gameplay either. they were just a third person casualized battlefield.

the real mistake with the new battlefront is that there's no splitscreen conquest mode with bots. how can you have battlefront without splitscreen conquest mode? that's like the only thing anyone ever played.
>>
>>319326548
>>319326575
Oh, you guys are talking about the newest Battlefront? My bad.
>>
>>319326429
I think the whole "BATTLEFRONT IS GONNA BE BATTLEFIELD WITH STAR WARS SKIN" shitposting is the whole reason why we got the game the way it is, even though the previous 2 battlefronts are pretty much battlefield games.
>>
>>319326429
You forgot something
>Give both sides land vehicles
I know im parroting totalbiscuit when i say this but its hard to have a combined arms game when one side doesn't have any effective ground vehicles
>>
Total bullshit, truth is DICE knew they had to release this a month before The Force Awakens and so they needed to be on track the entire time, as a result they made a very simplistic game.

This is why licensed movie games have had a notorious reputation, Star Wars was a major exception because there are a couple dozen good Star Wars games but that's because they weren't tied directly to the release of a single movie
>>
>>319326742
Come on anon, stay focused on the subject
>>
>>319326917
The attack of the clones game on xbox is pretty good.
>>
File: 1449341723194.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449341723194.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
I haven't paid attention to this game at all, will they be doing TFA content?
>>
>csgo is accessible but has depth where you will come back to play to get better
>one of the best selling pc games
>is also an rng simulator in terms of gameplay

how do the other companies fuck up so much
>>
If they had released a Bethesda-like singleplayer openworld RPG/shooter where you go around the planets doing missions and shit, they would be millionaire.
>>
File: Dodger jdd.jpg (345 KB, 2560x1706) Image search: [Google]
Dodger jdd.jpg
345 KB, 2560x1706
>>319323131

EA doesn't care if you play it after you bought it. They know they are the Worst company in America as long as it doesn't affect sales.
>>
>>319327140
No. It's original trilogy and that's it.
>>
>>319327174
They already did, it's called Mass Effect.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
>>319327174
ea is already "millionaire".

and they already did this and it wasn't good.
>>
>>319326312
Why not 'just make a good fucking game so that people feel encouraged to buy the next installment based on their good experience with the previous product?'
>>
>>319327571
You clearly have no idea how modern videogames are made.
>>
The only thing that DICE has made with depth in the past 10 years would be Frostbite 2.0 and BF2.
>>
>>319327571
because it's a publicly traded company and investors want guaranteed higher profits NOW, not possible profits later down the road.
>>
>>319327571
I think you're assuming that the average consumer is informed and not susceptible to flashing lights and tooting horns.
>>
>>319327264
are there more shops?
>>
>>319327437

Mass effect isn't star wars and already did pretty well commercially and critically.

>>319327480

I mean using the engine/core gameplay from Battlefront.
>>
>>319327093
It was alright, but let's be honest the amount of work required for a Battlefield/Battlefront is much higher than the work required for a simpler action game. Creating a great multiplayer game is probably the hardest job for any game designer.
>>
>>319327480
>millionaire
More like trillionaire.
>>
File: 1447625584032.jpg (45 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1447625584032.jpg
45 KB, 240x200
They're trying their best to say it had little depth because they wanted to appeal to casual younger audiences as well as veterans of the Battlefront series. As if having more than 11 guns and four maps really makes you a hardcore gamer.
Sadly, EA's stock seems to be at the highest its ever been. Why does no one do research before buying their shit
>>
>>319322813
This is a bullshit cop out. They need to define what they deem as too indepth before spouting keeping the bar that low for all age ranges.

I played more complex shit than this at age 8. What a load.
>>
>>319326312
That's a pretty stupid tactic then
With this lack of content fiasco, people that bought this game are going to be wary of buying the new game.
Just look at the assassins creed games, because of the poor reception one game got the next installment sold pretty bad
>>
>>319327886
>core gameplay from Battlefront.

battlefront is a shooter in which you run around shooting waves and waves of enemies. the only way to interact with the world is through shooting your gun. it's a shooter. rpgs are mostly about small-scale fights. a first person shooter requires endless hordes of nameless bad guys.
>>
>>319326489
when businesses realize they can screw over the consumer and they will still pay for their products/services.
>>
>>319324327
>earlier Mario party

Yea they suck now because theyre more accessible. Same with paper Mario and Kirby
>>
>>319327939
I think you underestimate what a trillion is.
>>
>>319326787
Shitposting doesn't decide the course of mass-media production. That falls to focus group testing and executive decisions. Its obvious that every one of the core changes between BF:EA and BFII, along with the modern Battlefield formula is meant to desensitize any form of teamwork or high-level play. No voip so friends can't coordinate unless they use some external teamspeak tool. The lack of choosable spawn points means you can't go where you think you're needed, and since you don't have the option of spawning at some hangar, you get the vehicle power-ups. The lack of classes or even the ability to bring in multiple hands to the match means you can't adapt to what's happening, otherwise anyone who gets into a vehicle would be blown to shit by homing mortars immediately.

The game treats its players the same way Battlefield Hardline treats its scripted map destruction. Its got everything a youtube e-celeb probably loves, great graphics and gameplay that never asks you to think but it has pretty much nothing for someone who actually likes videogames and even worse, the pricing, lack of single player, and lack of private servers means that you might pay $120 for a game today that you will lose all access to in two years when the sequel comes out and the official servers get shut down.

Battlefront: EA is probably the most anti-consumer game to ever come out and it fills me with enough autistic rage to type all this shit in a thread that wont last more than an hour.
>>
>>319327780
Fair enough
>>
>>319323374
I agree with that, has anybody played it recently? Every match is just a minelaying, grenade tossing fuckfest. Every one just rolls around praying their grenade lands close enough to fuck someone up.
>>
>>319328256
it's half a gorillion
>>
>>319323339
Melee is the perfect argument against this. The Skill Cieling is incredibly high while the Skill Floor is incredibly low
>>
>>319327339
But aren't they going to Jakku, which happens to be the new original sand planet that appears in TFA
>>
It was like 250k players a week ago

http://swbstats.com/
>>
>>319328646
Titanfall is another good example. You can play the game exactly like CoD and kill no one but Bots and never call a titan and still do decently enough to be the difference between your team winning and losing.

Or you could rack up 35 pilot kills and touch the ground like twice per match.
>>
>>319322813
I played more in depth games as a kid. Why do they thing all children are retarded?
>>
>>319328523
>>
I enjoyed it. I don't know if I actually liked it or was just confused by the pretty graphics and the cool characters though
>>
I don't usually shit on games but I really want this game to die so EA learn a lesson.
>>
>>319326787
You must be retarded to believe shit posting caused it to happen. The reason why this game has so little content is due to money. They have a huge staff and guess who owns the rights to Star Wars? Oh yeah that's also a huge cut.

They know their userbase is retarded and they had to keep it as a low rating. They also probably needed to get this out before the movie came out. It's pretty much a rushed game from a lot of thing done already in BF. It's less than BF funny enough
>>
>>319328963
They wouldn't be wrong, kids nowadays are kind of retarded, they're pretty the definition of casual players, that's why most of them will prefer to play games on their iphones than a 3DS or something.
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319323374
>>319323870
>>319324548
>>319325472
>>319325524
>>319325753
>>319326008
>>319326631
>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
>>
File: 1.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319322985
Not explicitly. The original space battles have so much more than Fighter Squadron, and that's just a basic example. Bfront II has more depth in every single mechanic.

>>319323339
Competitive potential and accessibility are in no manner exclusive, especially not for a shooter.

>>>319329225

>>319326008
>>
File: told you.png (766 KB, 900x884) Image search: [Google]
told you.png
766 KB, 900x884
>>319322813
>current pc players on battlefront: 25k
>current pc players on battlefield 4: 30k
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>319327571
That sounds retarded
>>
>>319329063

The Star Wars brand is the perfect example where you can try a really stupid idea and still succeed. EA won't learn shit from it
>>
File: 2.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319329330
>>
>>319328963
Look at call of duty, why do kids like it so much? It's simple and there is no team play. Why not just play dm? I have no idea.
>>
>>319329225
Don't forget, BF:EA has probably the most aggressive health regen in any multiplayer game ever.
>>
>>319329225
It has more depth than the new Battlefront, yes. Much better too, aside from graphics obviously.
But it wasn't really that deep
>>
>>319328846
>24h peak
>23000
Origin users on suicide watch.
>>
>>319329576
At least CoD has a decent progression system to work towards. BF: EA fails at even that.
>>
File: 3.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
3.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319329517
Warm memo that the guys with red names are real players.

>>319329672
>It has more depth than the new Battlefront, yes.
>But it wasn't really that deep
Seems like a non-statement. Shooters with great mobility are the great shooters. There are also a lot of basic mechanics that have to be on point just to promote competitiveness and fluidity. BField's squad spawn system is probably the worst in all of the genre, but BFront gets this in a sweet spot with capture points. Etc..
>>
File: Atris_KotORCG.jpg (845 KB, 750x967) Image search: [Google]
Atris_KotORCG.jpg
845 KB, 750x967
>tfw no KOTOR 3 by Obsidian

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-31-fear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side

>That third game would cast you as "the Exile" and allow you to track Revan's path. "Whether you encounter him or not..." he pauses, wary of spoilers in case the game ever happens in the future. "The idea was that even before the 'modern day' Sith came into being in The Old Republic ... there were even more distant Sith Lords that were considered the true Sith, and the idea that they were still lurking out there in the galaxy waiting for a chance to strike, kind of like the Shadows in Babylon 5, I thought would be a cool finale for that Old Republic trilogy.

>"Part of the fun with designing them," he adds, "was if you have these incredibly powerful Force users and they have their whole hidden domain out in the distant reaches of the galaxy, what would that Sith empire really look like at the hands of these things?

>"If they could shape entire planets or galaxies or nebulas, and they had all these slave races at their disposal, how cool would that be, to go into the heart of darkness and you're the lone Jedi and/or new version of the Sith confronting these guys? What would that be like? I thought that would be pretty epic."
>>
File: 1412749678562.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1412749678562.png
94 KB, 396x385
>>319328846
>Buy new Battlefront to play with a friend since we haven't really played games together since Halo Reach
>PC version dies very fast, can't find any games except for on the free DLC map (Jakku)

My friend decided he wanted to buy it for console at the last second too and can't play with me. Fuck everything.
>>
>319323870
Not really deep as it was full different ways to play through the class system and numerous maps. Dice may add more maps and gamemodes over time, but that won't supplement the class system.
>>
>>319322813

So no talks of making tweaks to give the game a bit more depth? Just "lol its this way so every1 can enjoy it"?

At least have the DLC implement classes and map balances besides just more maps and heroes. I doubt many people are going to buy them just for more mindless shooting just in a different world.
>>
>>319329994
Anything past Kotor II would necessarily have to follow in lock-step with Swtor, so it'd be better if they were given a different time-period to work with.
>>
File: 4.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
4.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319329576
>Look at call of duty, why do kids like it so much?
That's underestimating the potential benefits of quick, 3D games.

>>[For FPS games and not puzzle games, for example] Better attention allocation, higher spatial resolution in visual processing, and enhanced mental rotation abilities.. [..and on other gameplay benefits, especially multiplayer] through developing a competence identity, positive emotions, and social benefits

-- http://www.forbes.com/sites/jordanshapiro/2013/11/27/4-reasons-video-games-are-good-for-your-health-according-to-american-psychological-association/

>>319329938
>>
>>319330245

This was before SWTOR was even a thing.
>>
>>319329576
The new CoD is actually much more entertaining than BF3. At least, for me.
>>
>>319330253
Which I disagree with CoD since a lot of the people have no spatial awareness, sense, and so on.

>>319329757
good point, people do like progression even if it's pointless just to have a different color gun
>>
>>319330127
If you belive they would overhaul the whole game you are just naive. They will shit out Rey , Fin , Kylo and Phasma as heroes , drop some Planets from the new movies and equipment and be done with it. EA got the rights for 10 years they can do what ever they want.
>>
>>319327796
commissioned by someone called fart
>>
>>319329938
I feel like combat manouvers(?) in Battlefront to be a part of that basic mechanics. One of the reason I missed Battlefront 1 prone.
That's why I think it has depth and the new one lack any. Jump pack being your only mobile option is silly
Also, Renegade and Elite Squadron has customizable loadout and I still think it's good because they added limitation to it. Can't equip jetpacks with heavy weaponry.
Personally I don't have any issues with squad spawning, they want to make the game faster. Just don't make it only have squad and random spawn. It's dumb
>>
>>319330526
>people do like progression even if it's pointless just to have a different color gun

And that kind of stuff would be fucking fine in Battlefront, as long as I can make all the other players look like typical grunts. Hell, seeing Stormtroopers spawn with the A180Cs is enough to trigger me.
>>
>>319330843
surprisingly good quality
>>
File: 5.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
5.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319330526
>Which I disagree with CoD since a lot of the people have no spatial awareness, sense, and so on.
>I disagree with science
Wot.

The point is how playing in games that promote situational awareness (especially with CoD4 size maps instead of those in most further iterations) actually improve skills beyond that game.

If you can't figure out what CoD does well, motivation is well documented, and that applies to all games.

>>319330253
>>
>>319326787
Personally if it were more like BF4 I think it would have been a lot better
>>
File: 6.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
6.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319331406
>>
>>319322813
It may lack, depth but retarded dudebros already bought 10 million copies, so next year they will do exactly same game
>>
>>319332527
The game sold really bad for such a big franchise
>>
>>319324140
One could say the same about snowtroopers since they share the same helmet.
>>
>playing heroes vs villains
>get vader
>off by myself because sheev and boba decided to be tards and wade into the center of the map
>Luke appears
>Fuck him up at close range by blocking correctly and punishing
>Fuck him up when he backs off with lightsaber throw and force choke
>he starts running
Feels good, man.
>>
>>319332527
Nah, game only sold a couple hundred thousand copies.
>>
>>319329225
>Implying a single AT-RT can counter an AAT

But you are pretty much right on everything else familia.
>>
File: 7.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
7.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>319332120
>>
More depth = less enjoyable for casuals since people who know what they are doing have more tools to stomp them with.

Think how battling in Pokémon works in gen one versus gen 6 when it comes to a casual who knows nothing of I.vs or e.vs versus the average autist on /vp/. (Although you would have to inforce a no psychics rule in gen 1 for a better analogy)
>>
File: 1542125.jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1542125.jpg
7 KB, 225x224
>game is already dead on PC (unless you play at peak hours you can't find a game on anything but supremacy and walker assault)
>they've already divided the playerbase with the whole early access DLC bullshit, will be even further divided when the season pass comes in effect
I don't feel like getting in to all the other issues this piece of garbage has. I'd love to see anyone legitimately defend this game without mentioning the only redeeming thing it has (graphics).
>>
>>319335325
You also forgot
>you get best weapon from the get go
>only if you pay additional 9.99$
>>
>>319335653
>DL-44
>best weapon
Everyone look at the retard!
>>
>>319335812
Seems you never played the game, but shitpost more if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>319322813
>So, an eight-year-old could play

but they just want to play COD
>>
>>319335812
as someone who actually took the Jew's offer, it is the best weapon.

I shit all over everyone with it. It's almost as as as being boba fett.
>>
>>319336109
EE-3, nigger.

Wins at long range, wins at medium range, wins at short range if your aim isn't garbage, eats through vehicles and heroes with explosive card.
>>
>>319336998
>he plays this game seriously

Nice one my senpai
>>
>>319328646
Melee was an accident though, they never intended for anyone to play at such a high skill level
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.