[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I go back, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: warlordsportal.jpg (208 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
warlordsportal.jpg
208 KB, 594x334
Should I go back, /v/?
>>
>>319321932
certainly not until legion, wod sucks
>>
You know you'll just play for a couple of days, get bored then regret spending money on it.
Go play on a private server instead. It'll scratch the itch, but you won't be left with nothing but regret after quitting it.
>>
>>319321932
If you really want to play an MMO come play FFXIV with us anon
>>
>>319321932
>Should I go back, /v/?
no
>>
>>319321932
Yes
most of /v just cant afford this amazing game the blizzard gods gave us
>>
>>319323284
People still play XIV?
>>
>>319325098
Sure do
>>
There's nothing left to go back to.
>>
Fuck no, the culture sucks now.
>>
I replay Oblivion like once every 2 years, go for it bud.
>>
>>319323096
$13 for WoD on sale, plus 10 free days.

But you're probably right, I'll end up doing just that
>>
>>319321932
no, there's nothing to go back to. unless you're dead set on getting the legendary ring there's nothing else to do.
>>
I log in for roughly 7 mins then log out.

It's almost scary how dead the game feels to me, aside mount farming and doing old raids I don't do much anyway and considering I have most of the rarest mounts in game there's fuck all to do.
>>
>>319325754
This is the boat I'm in. I did some leveling considered another class or spec. But then at the end I'm just sitting in Tanaan doing dailies. I don't care to get my ring nor unlock flying. I just really don't give a shit.
>>
>>319325754
Trust me, go with a private server, preferably vanilla.
You'll either quit it or fall in love with it, but at the end of the day you won't have any regrets either way.
>>
honestly if you feel the urge wait for legion WoD is just fucking boring
>>
>>319326316
A vanilla private server??? Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>319326938
Why not?
It's the different from what you're used to, but it's still the same game, so it scratches the same itch while still feeling like a fresh experience.
>>
>>319327159
Vanilla was never good. It was good when you were a kid and could afford to play 15 hours a day. I realized just how bad it was when I hit level 54 in a popular private server. No variety, boss mechanics coming down to dps to beat the rage time.
>>
>>319328150

nah vanilla is gdlk
>>
>>319322076

This.
>>
>>319321932
I went back to Nostalrius and it made me realize you can't recreate the first time through. It was good for me though because now I don't want to play a tbc or wotlk private server anymore.
>>
>>319328150
Vanilla is great. I enjoy having to rely on my classes abilities to defeat bosses rather than facing the 17th fucking "I put shit on the floor that you have to move out of" gimmick boss.
>>
>>319322076

I was going to that you'll have to go through WoD anyway but then I remembered the 100 boost with Legion purchases.
>>
ayyy, I just made my first character in like 8 years. I'm at level 50 almost and i've been playing for like 5 days. The last time I played was in Burning Crusade. I'm enjoying it for the nostalgia right now. What am I in for /v/? I played this game SO hardcore back then. Had 1 year played time and I played for 3 years, maybe less. wtf. I was literally addicted. What's the good things that are new? What's the bad? Why are there so many god damn mounts? I played 16hrs/day in vanilla for like a month to get to rank 11 in pvp so I could ride other races mounts. Now everyone gets everything. Shameful.
>>
>>319321932

>Just want to blaze through all my favorite old dungeons and raids for nostalgia.
>Don't want to invest the time of leveling up a character on a private server.
>Don't want to give Blizzard 15 bucks just for a few hours of gameplay.

Life is pain.
>>
>>319328810
I actually had a lot of fun leveling up in MoP having quit for the last half of MoP, it was fun to come back and just go around getting treasure and the zones were pretty but yeah even months ago they were barren of people

Garrison sucks, it's comfy and all but all it really functions as is a dropbox for shit for you to log in and re-do everyday

It's when you hit 100 and have exhausted whatever raiding/pvp you wanted to not do when you get bored.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.