[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will you feel, /v/? When your favorite game is 40, 50 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: vid.jpg (28 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
vid.jpg
28 KB, 640x400
How will you feel, /v/? When your favorite game is 40, 50 years old? When it's long forgotten by most of the newer generation but was such a hot game when you were younger. That favorite system/game you grew up with or have right now will become old and "retro" at some point in your life.

Do you guys ever think about that? Not trying to just lay it on you, but just wondering. Maybe it's as easy as not dwelling on it, but it doesnt make you a little down to think of all the games that'll be forgotten over time?
>>
I will most likely be dead or married with kids and won't have time to play video games, maybe play with my kids.
>>
It literally doesn't matter, doesn't affect my enjoyment that I get out of that game.
>>
>>319320112

Considering I have at least 60 more years to live it's unlikely my favourite game will remain the same.
>>
>>319320112
That's the time when you can make other play the shit you liked back then and get them into it.
>>
>>319320112
The sword fight system is still awesome.
>>
>>319320112
the closest i can come to this sentiment is when i wanna play NBA Jam TE for PS1 and my homies all wanna play 2k who the fuck knows because >muh realism
>>
>>319320112
the same way that old people feel when they watched movies that started having sound
>>
>>319321640
Not playing NBA Jam on snes. Pleb.
>>
>>319320112
Now think about all the old people who will die in the next hour who are in exactly that boat. All that knowledge and experience will be lost forever.

Keep a journal anons.
>>
>>319320112
Just like with any medium, some works will never be forgotten. And I'd never stop liking a game just because no-one else agrees with me.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.