[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about him that makes it impossible for a good video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: superman-game-rumor.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
superman-game-rumor.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
What is it about him that makes it impossible for a good video game? Don't say he's too powerful because there's games like Bayonetta and Asura's Wrath where the protagonists are absurdly over the top and nobody bats an eyelash at them.
>>
>>319315071
its because superman is a boring character his only weakness is green rocks and magic they cant make a good superman game without shit reason why every enemy has kyrptonite and magic powers
>>
>>319315071
Cause the draw for superman isn't his fights. It's the fact that he acts as a god among mortals and how he manages that. He tries to do everything he possibly can and if he can't stop it then nobody could
>>
>>319316294
>>319316578
>>319315071
Use Superboy version. Problem solved.
>>
>Boring character.
>No redeemable entertaining qualities.
>Invincible bullshit except to things that instantly overwhelm him.
>Would have to make some bullshit MKvsDC-tier deus ex to have a sense of progression or explain away why he doesn't just obliterate all opposition.
>>
Can't imagine a game with him unless it's some musou shit or the cliche scenario where he's somehow losing/lost his powers and tries to regain them, while exploring his human side to some pseudo deep bullshit.

A good way to do a Superman game would be to focus on people who aren't Superman.
>>
Idea; Superman draws his power from the radiation of our yellow sun.
Just put him on Apocalypse with a fraction of his power because he's not under a yellow sun.
>>
>>319315071
Superman is shit he sometimes he has trouble lifting a car or a train.
>>
>>319316881

This.

>Spend whole game as Lois Lane as a hardboiled reporter ala LA Noire for the Bugle uncovering criminal and villain plots.
>Superman is a summon/plot device.
>>
>>319316881
A pokemon snap style game with jimmy olsen.
>>
>>319317153
>Bugle
Daily Planet son. Bugle's JJJameson.
>>
I soppose you could make a game about trying to be a good superhero, in a sort of 'heart of darkness style.

>Landing harshly ruins roads, busts pipes and electrics for people's houses. Taxes are raised for the city.
>You can earn money to give to charities, but what charities are genuine and what are plain frauds?
>Corporations will give you money to sponsor them, but you will have to serve there interests to continue to get there money.
>X-Ray Vison has a chance of giving cancer to those it's used on.
>News outlets always try and find new scandals and stories about you.
>Eye lasers can miss and blind/ kill bystanders.
>knocking into buildings can kill innocents.
>If you fail at disarming that bomb guess what?

I would still have his OP powers, but I would make a game where he is needed, urgently, everywhere, and his only problem is he can't be everywhere at once. He just can't. And the player is going to have to deal with trying to make the right choice in a city that hates him, and deal with his mistakes.

Would need a lot of work to make it fun, but I don't know. I like a game where your choices and mistakes matter
>>
>>319317809

That sounds like literally the most unfun game ever made. A bunch of fetch quests, worrying about innocent bystanders, being overwhelmed with objectives, and being able to unable to pin the throttle on assholes because of taxes.
>>
So he has:
>super strength
>super speed
>super stamina
>super intelligence
>super healing
>flight
>invulnerability
>wallhacks
>telescopic vision
>superhearing
>voice throwing
>hypnotism
>time travel

>all while living on an earth-like reality

How the fuck do you make it challenging?
>>
File: 1448394845723.png (442 KB, 498x713) Image search: [Google]
1448394845723.png
442 KB, 498x713
I love superman as a character and such.

But playing as him? nah honestly.

Flying mechanics would either be too fast (flying at the speed of fucking light)

Or going at the speed of a car and shit which would seem slow and such.

Also the epic fights they have with slamming each other through planets would be wayyyy to hard to process, unless we get a asura's wrath esc QTE gameplay which would be fucking gay.
>>
Just start out with
>Faster than a speeding bullet!
>More powerful than a locomotive!
>Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!
and only unlock his other powers as you progress through the game.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.