[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JC3 Loading Times PS4 SSD Needed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: JC3-0.jpg (108 KB, 650x364) Image search: [Google]
JC3-0.jpg
108 KB, 650x364
JC3 Loading Times PS4 SSD Needed?

As my elaborate thread title suggests, is an SSD needed to enjoy this game on PS4? Hearing load times are fucking brutal.

I have only a 250 GB SSD and it is on my PC which I do not play much. After format I doubt I will be able to fit 3 games on this fucker. But is JC3 really so bad in the loading department that an SSD is necessary? Really want to pull the trigger and DL this game right now but god damn not even sure if putting in the SSD will even fucking help that much.
>>
>>319314942
What loading times?

Apart from the initial loading when you start the game, there are very few loading parts in the game.
>>
>>319315079

Heard reloading challenges is the big one.

Do you think it is just some fags on meta critic making a big deal about nothing?
>>
Doesn't PS4 have an older connection so an SSD won't offer much of a speed improvement?
>>
>>319314942
People have put SSDs in their PS4's already, most have said the diference is minimal because of the bus speed.
>>
>>319315365
Even PS3 benefits as long as you are OK with going full digital. It's like night and day.
>>
>>319315365

It is all SATA but the OS and games are not optimized for an SSD in any way. I had an SSD in ps3 simply to kill my bug I had where the slim 5400 seagate hdd was causing my baseball game to pause while the fucking ball was being pitched.

I just have the SSD and its sitting in a PC I do not game with anymore. But if JC3 is not as bad as they say loading wise I rather not bother wasting time and redownloading shit.
>>
Thinking about getting this game, but i have to get it for PS4 as my pc is too shitty. Should I do it?
>>
>>319316016

Same boat as me man.

/v/ make our decisions for us we neeeed you.
>>
>>319316016
>>319316129
Meh, it's pretty mediocre. The destruction and stuff is great and all, but the minigames you have to do to unlock the cool shit suck.
>>
>>319314942

>go to Subway
>order a $5 footlong
>comes with all the toppings I want
>sandwich artist goes to ring me up
>says for an extra $1 I can get a cool custom bag for my sandwich instead of the regular plastic bag
>There's literally no difference between it and the regular bag other than aesthetics
>have the option to get it or not and regardless I still get a tasty sandwich

That's how retarded you sound like right now.
>>
>>319316319
But hows the performance on PS4?
>>
>>319316524
Not sure, we played it on a friends PC, sorry.
>>
Grass VS Gameplay strikes again.

PS4 already showing its weakness and age.
>>
>>319316365

Ya but does the custom bag have a different logo dude? Is the custom bag environmentally friendly? How many africans died for my bag? Sorry that is blood diamonds but you get my point I am sure.
>>
>>319316365
>sandwich artist
>>
>>319314942

just get a PC you fuck holy shit
>>
>>319316835

Bro I am old. 31. My wrist is FUBAR. All those everquest days added up in the 90's. Too much fucking CS after that. I am on my death bed be nice to me you fucking superior god race.
>>
>>319316963
>you can't use controllers on PC
>>
>>319316963

You can play with a controller on PC

The entire point of a modern console is that it's basically an affordable prebuilt PC that actually works for games. Putting extra money into it doesn't make any sense because you're getting that much closer to the cost of a decent PC
>>
>>319317202

I know this lol. It just is not the same for me anymore I always will love PC gaming man but for a lot of reasons I must be on ps4 with my pleb people now.
>>
>>319314942
Avalanche dropped the ball with this game.

>>319316016
>>319316129
No, wait.
This game is not worth more than $20.
>>
>>319314942
Do you really need more than 3 games at once? Put this one on that tiny computer and use your main one to play the rest of the games.
>>
File: sims_jew.webm (3 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sims_jew.webm
3 MB, 1024x768
>>319317702

I just want to fly and blow shit up I know the story is absolute shit. Ty for responses. I leave you this.

Now I must retreat back to /pol/ for many happenings are upon us. All praise Ben Garrison one true leader.
>>
I Have a copy for the ps4, Played about 4-5 hours, the load time when loading the game for the first time is about 2 minutes long, after that its okay.

Have no issues, Framerate though is okay, not amazing, drops to 20 something fps when theres a lot of explosions, not bad at all.
>>
>>319316365
Except in the world of video games aesthetics are kind of a big fucking deal, since you know, it's a visual medium and all. Your shitty food analogy would work better if it was taste that was being affected somehow.
>>
>>319316524
There's frame drops, but they're fairly rare. You HAVE to turn off your internet connection before starting if you want any acceptable load times though
>>
JUST
FUCKING
PLAYING
OFF
LINE

jesus its been said since day one
>>
>>319318518
I don't even know how I'd turn online off on my PC anymore. Sounds like too much hassle to deal with.
>>
Lol how does playing offline improve load?
>>
Are you guys talking about pc or ps4? How would disabling online on ps4 help load times? On PC I can see this helping.
>>
>>319318839

I'm talking about consoles

>>319318858
The game takes longer to "load" the shitty leaderboard for every side mission you do
>>
>>319318839

disable your network adapter you pleb
or add a rule to block through your firewall
>>
a) how do you play offline on PC without fucking steam up? does it even care about steam being online?
b) why don't the trains have stations and why do half of the trains pop out of tunnels on fire? They are always about 70% destroyed by the time I see them
>>
>>319319254
I guess start Steam, load JC3, then pull the ethernet cable out of your PC and see if that works.
>>
File: bateman.webm (486 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
bateman.webm
486 KB, 1280x544
>>319319959

Advanced tech support like a mofo
>>
>>319319254
>a) how do you play offline on PC without fucking steam up?
If you're already logged in, Steam menu -> Go Offline.
If you're not logged in and the internet is not working, open Steam, try to login then click on Go Offline when it tells you the internet is not working.
>>
>>319321242
That's assuming it cares about steam and not its own server.
>>
>>319321364
In that case just block it with any firewall. Even the Windows default one in Win7 or newer is enough to block outgoing/incoming connections for a given process.
>>
>>319321747
That sa good idea. Thanks anon.
>>
What's the loading times on PS4?
Playing on PC with a SSD and it's not terrific either. First loading is almost a minute AFTER the unskippable "intro" and log in.
And mission/side stuff restart loading is 5s to 20s depending.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.