[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Age Inquisition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: dainq.jpg (51 KB, 350x219) Image search: [Google]
dainq.jpg
51 KB, 350x219
Is it as good as origins or better? I loved origins & hated DA2
>>
It's like a single player MMO

It's pretty shit
>>
>>319308932
epic thanks
>>
>>319308862
It is a better version of DA2, but nothing like origins.
>>
>>319308862

Storywise, it's a step up from DA2.

Gameplay is really shallow, side quests are boring, and the world is empty. This game is nowhere near as good as Origins, unfortunately.
>>
Origins wasn't that great either.
>>
it's a fun game, but then again I like collecting shit and doing "boring" sidequests.
>>
>>319308862
Origins >> Inquisition >>>>>> DA2

It's an alright game with decent writing and combat. It just plays like a solo MMO though and nothing about it is particularly engaging. It's much much better than DA2, but it's still not as good as Origins was. In general though I liked the characters more in Inquisition. Morrigan, Alistair, and Wynne are really the only stand out companions from Origins, but Inquisition has Blackwall, Cassandra, Varric, Cullen, Solas, and Josephine who are all really great.

Is it worth a play? Ehh, maybe. I'd pirate it or get it really cheap on sale.
>>
>>319311107

yeah alright.
>>
Finished DA:O a couple of weeks ago, halfway through Awakening now.

What went wrong with 2?
>>
>>319311596
Honestly? I wouldn't even know where to start. Just play it and see. I can't think of a single redeeming feature outside of Varric.
>>
>>319308862
I don't think it is meaningful, as other anons have pointed out, to compare it to Origins. they're completely different types of games. In terms of story of the base game alone, it is not as good as Origins.

Gameplay wise, it is worlds better than 2. It doesn't suffer as much from copy pasted cave systems and going to the same beach a hundred times in different locations somehow.

It does feel a little single player MMO, but that's from the quests themselves more than it is from the actual gameplay. IMO it is probably worth picking up on sale; given the choice, I wouldn't pay full price.
>>
File: Hangingoutfrog.jpg (4 KB, 136x159) Image search: [Google]
Hangingoutfrog.jpg
4 KB, 136x159
>>319311596
Dude, it's like a completely different game, from rpg to hack and slash.I remember thinking everyone was just exaggerating at first. Oh my god, they really REALLY weren't. It's that bad and it is literally one of the worst stories I have played in a modern rpg.

>I can't wait to get out of the city and do some questing!
>yfw 9 hours in
>>
>>319311694
Aveline was okay.
>>
File: DA2_promo.jpg (310 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DA2_promo.jpg
310 KB, 1280x720
>>319311596
>What went wrong with 2?

It was meant to be standalone DLC, but at that time EA had taken over Bioware so they re-branded it as a sequel without giving Bioware enough time to facilitate for that change.
>>
>>319312184
da2 suffers from having too much story and not enough time to flesh it all out

>red lyrium nonsense
>qunari situation
>templars vs mages

seriously, any single ONE of those could've been used as main story
>>
>>319311380
Cassandra and Solas were the only good companions in Inquisition maybe Dorian. Every companion in Origins was engaging excpet maybe the dwarf but I always got him last so maybe I missed out on some of his shit.
>>
>>319312494
Dorian was a surprise because before the game came out all we really knew about him was "I'M A GAY AND NOTHING CAN STOP MY GAY!" But that really wasn't the case during the game. Sure there was a bit of gay shit here and there, but it felt like it made sense given the context and outside of that he really wasn't as flamboyant as I expected.
>>
File: 1344734629441.jpg (3 KB, 144x129) Image search: [Google]
1344734629441.jpg
3 KB, 144x129
>>319312494
Most of/v/ went gay for blackwall since he actually was well written. Inquisition is very playable, DA 2 is not. Seriously, you can skip it just fine. The plot choices you make don't even fucking transfer to Inquisition so don't bother if you liked Origins.
>>
File: DragonAgeDP1001.jpg (201 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DragonAgeDP1001.jpg
201 KB, 1600x900
so whats /v/ consensus on Origins?

for me its last good Bioware game
>>
>>319314015
It was OK, kinda easy except for a couple of bosses.

Didn't care much for Shayle and Sten was a complete waste of space.
>>
>>319311596
They have like 7 total unique level designs that are slightly larger than a cave in skyrim.
They then have you repeatedly clear these zones with no or minimum changes from the last time you went through.
You then also get random combat encounters or reinforcements where enemies use grappling hooks from the sky as if they are airdropping from a helicopter to arrive at the fight.
The game also has 3 main arcs in it all of which could have been a standalone plot for a game, but they spend no time really fleshing them out so they feel simultaneously dragged out and rushed.

Here is a plot summary so you can skip it.

The first arc has you come into the city as a refugee who has to work their way out of the slums.
You eventually do this by landing a contract as a body guard / co sponsor of an expedition into the old dwarven city to recover artifacts and gold.
Along the way you uncover red lyrium and start having characters experience the effects of it.
The arc ends with your family reinstating its claim as one of the foremost houses in the city.

The second arc has the Quunari and the rule of the city get into political intrigue which culminates in the mayors? son converting to the qu and his father killing him and blaming the quunari for his death.
The quunari then decide to go full jihad on the city and take it over as they know the truth of what happened.
It is now your duty as a member of the upper class to stop the quunari invasion how you go about it is up to you, but you must stop the invasion.
This fight and arc is generally considered the best in the game and should have been the real final act and a better self contained story.
>>
File: shale.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shale.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>319314348

shale as a companion was absolutely fantastic, loved her sarcastic comments and dialogues with Sten
>>
>>319314708

The last arc has the tensions that have been "hinted" at throughout the game between mages and templars come to a head by having the mages start a rebellion.
It is worth noting that you either are a mage, or your sibling is a mage so you have a stake in this rebellion.
Oh and by the way it turns out the Leader of the templars was totally corrupted by the red lyrium and went evil.
Meanwhile EVERY mage you run into in the game as part of quest that tries to run away from the evil templars ALWAYS turns to blood magic.
In the end even if you do everything to kill the templars and save the mages, the remaining mages turn to blood magic because they assumed you wouldn't succeed.
In this way the Templars were proved to have been right the whole time even if they all turn into crazy people from red lyrium.
>>
>>319314827
>fucking templars we aren't evil we're just mages trying to get by
>yeah, but you guys are using blood magic
>ONLY BECAUSE THE TEMPLARS!
>DINDU NUFFIN HE WAS A GOOD MAGE TRYIN TO GET HIS LIFE ON TRACK HE WENT TO THE CHANTRY EVERY DAY!
>>
>>319314827
>>319316146
What was the circle doing?
>>
>>319316392
Literally everyone except the First Enchanter and a handful of others were using Blood Magic. And even worse the First Enchanter had no fucking clue.
>>
>>319313118
It's not that Blackwall was well written. I mean, he decently was. He's just the only companion that has any layer of depth. He's a flawed person like any other and struggles with these flaws unlike majority of DA:I companions.
>>
>>319316392
They were doing nothing, Chantry is just a bunch of dicks who can't trust magic.
Then the Circle affirms their distrust and turns heel by using Blood magic for no good reason
New Bioware can't write for shit
>>
>>319316742
Dorian has the biggest flaw of all.
>>
File: 1428247751590.jpg (118 KB, 836x708) Image search: [Google]
1428247751590.jpg
118 KB, 836x708
>tfw I liked DA2

Am I the only one?
>>
>>319308862
Worse
>>
File: 1300887426801.jpg (199 KB, 827x1211) Image search: [Google]
1300887426801.jpg
199 KB, 827x1211
>>319312285
I remember the time when a guy who claimed to be a Bioware employe talked about it. Apparently it was supposed to be called DA Exodus (there are still leftover logos in the game) and that's the reason Kirkwall is so small and you barely can interact with npc's. It was supposed to be a 5 hours long expansion, not 20 something game.

>Merril a retard
>>
I liked Inquisition, it was pretty good.
But its not even on the same plane of existence as Origins.
Nothing is more depressing to me than knowing that Bioware will never make a game as good as DA:O ever again.
>>
>>319316946
His side story was an immersion breaking self-insert piece of shit?
>>
>>319311596
A lot. Honestly, I think its still a decent game all things considered. Its just far worse than the other 2.
>>
The ending to Trespasser saved the game from being forgettable and mediocre to pretty decent but not great. Probably the most interesting "villain" I've encountered in recent years.
>>
>>319317478
No, he was gay.
>>
Origins was baller. Literally every single companion was great, especially Zevran, Oghren and Shale. Tactic-based combat was also perfect, it felt genuinely satisfying to come out the victor, although the difficulty was inconsistent. The two hardest parts of the game were this one little room in the Denerim district and the area right before entering the castle in the final quest.

3 was somewhere between average and above average. The characters weren't nearly as memorable, the story is stupid and boring and the combat is dull. The World is pretty amazing though, even if it feels empty at times.
>>
>>319316949
Nah, there's probably a shitton of pansexual genderfluid dudes on the bioware forums who you'd get along with
>>
File: 1435909127948.png (30 KB, 193x199) Image search: [Google]
1435909127948.png
30 KB, 193x199
>>319308862
The environments looked really good but are in the end quite boring and empty from anything really interesting. The music is great. The companions are forgettable though less so than 2 (Solas stands out for being an interesting character in inq). The quests are horrible and the companion quests are more so for being dreadfully lazy, I mean I wasn't sure wether to laugh uncontrollably or feel ashamed at Iron bulls companion quest with the sea battle and everything that's going on behind your back just so you can't see it.

The dragon battles were neat although all the same in tactics and ultimately completely pointless. It's funny how they celebrate the killing of the first but when you kill 10 you get absolutely nothing even though they're many times harder than the complete joke of an endboss.

The ending is very underwhelming and too quick. It also shamelessly baits you for dlc with a much more interesting plot development after the credits.

All in all it was a big dissapointment after hearing that it was supposedly so much better than 2. Storywise I actually much preferred da2 even if it falls on it's face a bit in the end. This wasn't really a big step forward. Instead it replaced the problems of 2 with its own problems. The person who decided that it should play like an mmo should be shot.

Thankfully I got it at a discount though I still feel like an ass for spending money and so much time on playing it through in vain hope of something good.
>>
Oghren was the best.

>Oghren: Aye, sure. Why not?
>Wynne: Pardon?
>Oghren: Oh, I'd give you a roll. Why not?
>Wynne: A "roll?"
>Oghren: Aye. Any time. Preferably in the dark.
>Wynne: I suppose I should be flattered.
>Oghren: I'm not sure I have the equipment for that, but sure, whatever gets you working.

No way that kind of dialogue would make the cut at today's Bioware.
>>
Better than 2 but pales against Origins.

Tbqh, the game is very single player MMO-ish. If you want to play it, skip most of the zones/quests since they are fetch quests. Get the Trespasser DLC though, it's one of the best Bioware has done.
>>
>>319316742
I must agree with this. Blackwall was horribly boring until his "plot twist" and then he gained a modicum of interest. Which the game then proceeds to do nothing with really.
>>
>>319317840
Environment artists were pretty much the only ones who gave a damn about doing their best in DAI and it shows. Only to hamstring it by not having a day-night cycle at all because reasons. Music? You mean one theme and dozen variations? It was a decent theme though, and I liked that particular dragon boss battle song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I75LvXZV_jo
>>
>>319317840
this guy speaks the truth
>>
File: 2015-12-07_00008.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-07_00008.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
I didn't like Origins too much.
I did play it for about 20h, but then I just stopped. However, I'm also a guy that doesn't like RTWP in general. For me it's either make it classical turn-based (Wasteland 2) or make it like Dragon's Dogma-esque, which Inquisition is definitely enough for me to enjoy it.

Just bought Inquisition a few days ago during the sale and 16h in, it seems like a really great game. Really surprising, seeing as how Bioware fucked over ME with the corridor shooter that 2, so I didn't expect them to be able to salvage any of their franchises ever again.
The interface isn't optimal and some of the minor stuff can be adress via mods (no looting animation, bigger FoV).

What I'm trying to say is, if you like DD, you'll most likely find Inquisition cool enough to play too, even if the battle system is a bit less intricate.

I think everybody hates DA 2 except for some tumblr-tier fangirls.

Also, it's really fucking pretty.
>>
>>319317936
Oghren was a brodude dwarf character. Varric is Bioware's new take on that same thing.

>smug beardless dwarf using a crossbow
Yeah, that summarizes how Bioware changed pretty well.
>>
>>319318378
the artists that did the tarot art were also putting in more effort than the game deserved in the end
>>
File: 9.jpg (537 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
537 KB, 620x877
>>319311694
>I can't think of a single redeeming feature outside of Varric

Until you get to the final chapter I really don't have a problem with the party members. Then shit starts going on tailspin of fuckery especially with Anders. Merrill is my crazy elf waifu.

>Storywise, it's a step up from DA2.

I disagree, bioware going back to their boiler plate storyline and taking no risks except with a bunch of characters who are walking talking preferred pronouns really wasn't a plus on the story. DA2 had some really low lows with the writing especially at the end, but I liked that it wasn't about some generic epic quest to save the world. They tried to appeal to the setting more to have the story come out naturally, the problem is they just half assed everything so badly it's hard to care. I also liked that it was centered on one city, as a side story in the series this would have been a great move. Also had we seen the city change or expand over the years in physical terms it could of been like medieval GTA, but with more depth to the characters, instead they squandered a bunch of potential and rehashed areas/unchanged city.
>>
Are all the mods necessary to make Inquisition playable compatible with the latest version yet or is BioWare still rolling out miniscule pointless updates that completely break them?
>>
File: tarot_cards_blackwall.png (1 MB, 1320x550) Image search: [Google]
tarot_cards_blackwall.png
1 MB, 1320x550
>>319318618
Card art was literally the best part of DAI.
>>
>>319318608
there were beardless dwarves since Origins. Varric was bro-tier in my opinion.
>>
>>319318626
Merrill is just fucking stupid. I have no idea how a character with so many contradictions aka poor writing, got out of conceptual phase in the first place. I guess virginal girl next door was a big enough deal to get her in.
>>
>>319318608
Varric is great though. Him and Sarcastic Hawke were the only good things in DA 2.
>>
The only thing I remember about the main campaign was when I questioned whether it was okay for Krem to be a woman posing as a male soldier. Well, let me tell you.. I'm sure glad that I was promptly told that its not an issue and that I was being an asshole for bringing it up. Bravo Bioware. 10/10 would pirate again.
>>
File: dragonage2-2011-05.jpg (244 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
dragonage2-2011-05.jpg
244 KB, 1680x1050
>>319318626
DA2 really should've been about the Qunari uprising. Arishok alone saved that entire chapter.

>no option to actually be sensible or join him without the game fucking you over with BUT THOU MUST outcomes
Yeah, fuck you too, Bioware.
>>
>>319318626
>Merrill is my crazy elf waifu.
But she's just dumb. Genuine idiot, and inconsequential written one.

>Let's go save this elven dreamer in the Fade
>Why are you attacking this demon, forget the elf, demons are more important
>>
File: Hissera_tarot_card.png (441 KB, 387x643) Image search: [Google]
Hissera_tarot_card.png
441 KB, 387x643
>>319318760
it's a shame the rest of the art design didn't live up to them.
>>
>>319317616
>this one little room in the Denerim district
JUST
FUCK
UP
MY
SHIT
>>
>>319316742
And he doesn't spout quips and le epic banter all the time like every other fucking companion
>>
>>319319160
Don't forget all the Dalish being equally retarded and antagonizing Merrill for no reason, driving her away from her home and all but guaranteeing she'll keep doing the thing they don't want her to do.
>>
>>319318964
>sarcastic hawk
Man the farther you got in the game the more it seemed that the sarcastic option was the only realistic choice.

>Good Option
Kill them all because they are evul >:O

>Evil Option
I will kill everything starting with those people you asked me to kill.

>Sarcastic Option
Wait why are we killing them couldn't we just work out this minor misunderstanding?
Shut up Hawk you're too sassy for me right now.
>>
>>319319160
is the mirror killing tamlen still canon if you don't import a dalish warden save? 'cause she sure comes off as doubly retarded about the whole thing in that context
>>
File: 4.jpg (110 KB, 800x773) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
110 KB, 800x773
>>319318930
>>319319160
I never said she was smart. Sometimes you just gotta race.
>>
File: 1388360362183.jpg (313 KB, 591x836) Image search: [Google]
1388360362183.jpg
313 KB, 591x836
>>319318964
Sarcastic Hawke sounded like a 50 years old uncle, who tries hard to be hip with his nephews. He was passable with Varric, but on his own he was horrible.
>>
>>319318378
I felt like the orchestrated music and the songs in the game were pretty good but they are horribly out of place when everything around them feels like plastic and pointlessness.

Hell even the goddamn Disney song in the valley that the inquisition sings would've been nice if it didn't completely come out of nowhere and be so out of place. Like the songs whole point was that you should cheer up and not lose faith but it was completely out of place when my inquisitor was never faithful nor lost hope in any part of the story.
>>
>>319319387
The real question is why the "charming" options invariably make you act like a sociopath cunt with zero social skills.
>>
>>319308932
/thread
It's like they were making a Dragon Age MMO, and suddenly in the middle of the development they decided to make it offline.
>>
Anyone else hate all mages and want to make them all tranquil?

Also kill all the elves too. Dwarves are okay though.
>>
File: DAOrigins 2015-12-08 06-10-12-80.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DAOrigins 2015-12-08 06-10-12-80.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1080
>>319319224
Also this is the hardest part of Origins by far.

until you realize your supposed to use fucking dwarfs that BTFO the overpowered wizards sitting at the back
>>
File: Inquisitor_cards.jpg (410 KB, 1032x865) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitor_cards.jpg
410 KB, 1032x865
>>319319538
>Like the songs whole point was that you should cheer up and not lose faith but it was completely out of place when my inquisitor was never faithful nor lost hope in any part of the story.

This is really one of the main problems I had with DAI and how it handled the MC. It was tuck between what Origins and DA2 did, but you can't mix those because you end up with a character who is just bland enough to house couple of forced personality choices for you to make that never feel like they're your own in the end.
>>
>>319319331
Wasn't her mentor also kind of stupid? Instead of letting the demon out and allowing Hawke to kill him, she just went suicidial.

I'm starting to see a pattern here.
>>
File: solas.jpg (281 KB, 1915x1072) Image search: [Google]
solas.jpg
281 KB, 1915x1072
>dat DLC

Yeah, now watch Solas be completely forgotten in the next game because reasons.
>>
>>319319193
That's because Matt Rhodes who is their art director is fucking tumblr tier. Seriously google him. He's making Dragon Age look like disney and he takes inspiration from cosplayers for costume designs
>>
>>319317616
Agree with the difficulty, although mods on the PC fix that issue.
>>
>>319320047
He'll probably be the main villain in the next game. Also I'm getting huge Irenicus vibes from him.
>>
File: 2e2dx79.jpg (1 MB, 1598x918) Image search: [Google]
2e2dx79.jpg
1 MB, 1598x918
>>319318760
>>319319193
>all that personality in class cards
>>
>>319320047
Architect return when
>>
>>319319820
I'll give you a tip on how to beat every bioware game easy. Find some good armor and quick. All of their shit from BG to ME2 was all about armor stats. The sooner you get good shit at/near the start of the game the less everything else seems to matter. They always seem to place one really good chest piece/clothing item near the start of every game that will last you near the rest of the way through and make the game easy as shit.
>>
Why was the OST for Origins so good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAsiU9tH-_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27jiVyGl3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iWvYDeP69k
>>
>>319319514

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwVJ4vS74qk

He has his moments
>>
I wish I could have had sarcastic Hawke as a teammate through the entire game.
>>
>>319320437
>implying i'd ever want that information
Glad I beat the game when I did. Felt fucking good.
>>
>>319320189
Man that elementalist looks like he's having the time of his life.
>>
>>319317840
>I mean I wasn't sure wether to laugh uncontrollably or feel ashamed at Iron bulls companion quest with the sea battle and everything that's going on behind your back just so you can't see it.
It's fucking amazing just how bad some parts of DAI are for an AAA project.
Okay, Bioware has shit animations, okay, other AAA studios halfass things all the time too, but jesus christ. The worst parts of DAI were on the level of amateur early access project by a couple of guys.
>>
File: gEyVm4N.png (338 KB, 778x658) Image search: [Google]
gEyVm4N.png
338 KB, 778x658
>>319320715
Not gonna lie he reminds me of pic related
>>
>>319308862
It's much better than DA2 but not as good as Origins. The tone is way too lighthearted. Origins was advertised as a dark fantasy game but this feels way more Disney. Bioware is too PC now so insetead of showing the horrors of war like rape and murder they just write about it in the codex. It's a shame cause the lore is great but now they're twisting and reconning it to be more SJW friendly. I wish the franchise would be in more competent hands with devs who aren't afraid to go full on dark fantasy
>>
>>319319129
I think his story was a high point in the series, along with Varric meeting his brother at that mansion again.. Albeit both in a deeply flawed game all around them. It's hard to believe the same people that wrote that shit wrote chapter 3.
>>
>>319318972
I'm pretty sure at some point if you've kissing Krem's ass you get the opportunity to defend her when someone makes a comment about her gender. Virtual whiteknighting, pretty next level of Bioware.
>>
So have we all lost hope for Bioware writing a good story again?

What happened to Obsidian? They still have talent, right?
>>
>>319314015

It was a quaint and charming love-poem to the older top-down RPGs without necessarily trying to slavishly recreate it say like Pillars of Eternity did. I'd like to think that bioware could have done better or still had a successful product if they continued with that rather than turn dragon age into a medieval mass effect.

I really enjoyed it. It had a generic story and all that but it owned up to that and gave you a fun experience. And DA2 is what destroyed my goodwill and support for bioware. I didn't have the ME3 RGB debacle to sour it because I didn't pick it up so my love for mass effect 1 was gently let down with the okay ME2.

Maybe it's because I fucking detest GW2 with a passion but I'm liable to think bioware did okay with SWTOR. Not great but not terribly. It just ended up being an MMO with great singleplayer - not as good as a true singleplayer RPG, and not as good as other MMOs. Except GW2.
>>
File: tumblr_n5slwclLZI1tvekkvo1_500.jpg (81 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5slwclLZI1tvekkvo1_500.jpg
81 KB, 500x653
>>319319501
>is the mirror killing tamlen still canon if you don't import a dalish warden save?

Yes it is. Although it;'s also canon that the mirror didn't kill him in a sense. In DAI you find out the mirrors were portal to a gigantic half of similar mirrors ancient elves used to travel. Something might of killed him coming out of the mirror, but the mirror itself dindu nuffin. In that sense Merrill's plan wasn't the worse, it just wasn't going to be that helpful given all the sacrifices made for it.
>>
>>319321979
>were portal to a gigantic hall*
>>
File: 1267336581358.gif (834 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1267336581358.gif
834 KB, 320x240
>>319317616

>Coming across the broodmother without being spoilered on it.

Shit man. Up until then it felt like a happy go lucky stock high fantasy adventure. Yeah yeah evil not-orc blight and all and treasonous loghain but we'll save the day. Then you turn the corner and bam it's bloated abomination with cannibalism and what to me sounded like the darkspawn raping her face or force-feeding her regurgitated dwarf-meat.
>>
>>319322517
Weren't the broodmothers just captured slaves that have been turned into rape sacks?
>>
File: 1445956836044.jpg (7 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1445956836044.jpg
7 KB, 208x249
"My Warden sense is tingling"
>>
>>319322673
Yes, darkspawn gang rape females of other races and force feed them their blood, and they come to like the taste of their own race and mutate into broodmothers. The nursery rhyme leading up to it was making me roll my eyes up until I saw what was waiting for me in the dead dwarf city.

What were some other great moments in DA:O?
>>
>>319322673
Captured women who are force-fed darkspawn flesh to mutate them into breeding vessels
>>
>>319322673
Yeah. Human female gives birth to hurlock, genlock is from dwarf, shriek is from elves and ogre is from qunari.
>>
>>319323081
>What were some other great moments in DA:O?
My first character was a human male. You can guess which part I have found rather enjoyable.

>I deserved... more...
>>
>>319323081
I thoroughly enjoyed the world in Origins. It gave off this fresh feeling for a fantasy game. Somehow despite being Dwarves & Elves it managed to not go full Tolkien.
>>
>>319314015

Was never too keen on it. I thought it was really generic, in just about every way. Even the companions were just the same recycled archetypes Bioware had had in every game till then.
>>
Softening Leliana was my favorite part of the game.

You did make her divine, right /v/?
>>
>>319323295
>killing Rendon Howe as a non-human or mage warden
>wow, that guy was a dick, glad he's gone

>killing Rendon Howe as a noble human
>AHAHAHA FUCKING EAT IT YOU PIECE OF SHIT SUCK MY DICK FUCKBOI
>>
I picked up Origins hoping for a world that felt like I could explore without too many restrictions, a level up system that made it hard to put the controller down because you wanted that cool new spell or whatever, and a story that kept me interested in progressing.

In the end, I was bummed at how dull and limited the world felt. It was kind of like World of Warcraft's world; a big empty space with the same enemies spawning in the same place, with arbitrary places added with nothing to do until the relevant quest pops up. You'd go into a cave with nothing in it, and have no reason to look around because sooner or later you're gonna have to come back when it's spawned a load of wolves or some shit for the sake of a weak fetch quest.

As for the level up system, it wasn't bad, but I never felt like there was any reason to play around with builds. Just didn't really grab me.

What's annoying is I didn't mind what I saw of the story, the character's were alright and I liked how they implemented running the place, sending out your guys to do shit actually engaged me (unlike the AC games) because you can chose how to go about them. The rewards are different depending on who you send, and it gives a narative reason to send each person for you to chose between. It was well implemented and made me feel part of what was going on, even if it was a bit contrived that some random bumblefuck ended up leading these guys because the chosen one and reasons.
>>
>>319324021
What a boring character :( I'm not sure why the character with the least talented voice actress from Origins was the one who became a centerpiece of the series.
>>
>>319324035
Really wish I had played as a human noble first just for that satisfaction, I think it would have been better than resolving any of the other stuff from the other Origins.

My first was Dwarf Noble so I was kinda disappointed with the others but they were mostly good too.
>>
>>319324116
Do you mean Inquisition and not Origins? As your post describes Inquisition.
>>
>>319324021
Kill yourself.
>>
>>319324021

Leliana is fucking terrible. Writer's pet and worst Divine.
>>
>>319324274
I'm not memeing. A softened Leliana is the best divine.
>>
>>319324116
You were playing Inquisition.

Origins came out in 2009.
>>
>>319321785
I get that you're just trying to start shit, but no. Pillars of Eternity was a 5/10 story at best, despite Obsidian having all the time in the world to make it however they wanted, with no ability to make "muh deadlines" excuses for once. Chris Avellone left, and the ones that are left are so busy oscillating between stances on whether story should take a backseat to "muh hurt feelings" they've forgotten how to write.

Meanwhile Gaider and Hamburger Hepler got the boot off of Dragon Age and onto other franchises, while the new guy they brought in gave us Trespasser, easily the highest point of Dragon Age since Awakening. With Weekes in charge DA4 might actually be good.
>>
>>319316708
>the First Enchanter had no fucking clue
Oh yes he did.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex_entry:_A_Letter_from_the_Circle
>>
>>319324272
>>319324535
Ah man yeah you called it, got a bad head cold so kind of out of it. The moral is don't play Inquisition.
>>
>You can either be the Divine's bitch or disband the Inquisition

What a shit ending
>>
>>319324556
All I know is Gaider and Hamburger are fucking cancer. Getting rid of them can only be good.
>>
I loved DAI.
>>
Alistair: Why do you always go on about how stupid I am? I'm not stupid, am I?
Morrigan: If you need to ask the question...
Alistair: Because it hurts my manly feelings, you know. All one of them.
Morrigan: Then I'll be sure to write you an apology once all of this is over.
Alistair: I was educated by the Chantry. I studied history. They don't make stupid templars.
Morrigan: Then I must have been mistaken. I'm very impressed.
Alistair: No you're not. You're not even listening to me.
Morrigan: My, you are smarter than you look after all. Your Chantry must have been very proud.
>>
>>319324035
Not to mention you really need to be a human noble to get the most out of his son as a character in Awakening.
>>
>>319324886

I'm sure Joss Whedon would be proud.
>>
Did anyone else feel like the villain in Inquisition was a complete fucking joke? Besides your starting town getting avalanche'd he does literally nothing. You thwart all of his plans and are consistently two steps ahead of him throughout the game, despite that you're supposed to be searching him out? I'd almost feel bad for the guy at how incompetent he is. I mean did he think the one fucking zombie dragon was going to just hand him the world?
>>
>>319324739
Disband is more working from the shadows, trying to outplay you know who. If BW is smart, they'll the Inquisitor or someone working for them recruit the next protagonist.
>>
>>319325323
He was fucking terrible as a villain. He shows up once in the midpoint, then the rest of the game is just "he's doing something evil RIGHT HERE" and you never see him again until the final confrontation. Zero presence.
>>
>>319325323
Yes, this is one of the main criticisms of the game's story.
>>
Origin is just last good game from Bioware. Played City Elf like 3 times already.
>>
>>319324739
It's a nice disband ending, though. Pretty much a "fuck you, I'm done with shit and you're on your own now". Also actually losing the arm was a nice touch.
>>
>>319319224
I loved it! Best part for me!

I'd always hex the lead woman, and take out her flunkies while she whiffed at my tanks.
>>
>>319325323
You're meant to win against him since getting Skyhold, and he is a pitiful figure right in the end.
>>
>>319325536
Every NPC is constantly on about how he's got this huge army out there and how dangerous he is. The game should have had a system where if left uncontested on the campaign map he'd actually do something. Maybe auto-fail a couple quests if not completed in time as he's succeeded or some shit.
>>
>>319325323
Yeah. It's strange to play a game where you're always ahead of the villain. It makes you feel a little bad for him. Like he shows up somewhere and you've already been there, solved the puzzles, and drained it of power. Every time his army shows up, you're already set in and prepared. Poor guy is always trying to keep up with you only for you to push his shit in at the end.
>>
>>319325760

>tfw your Inquisitor was a two-handed swordsman

>tfw you get an iron arm and come back Guts style
>>
>>319308862
>or better

cmon how could you even think its better than origins?
>>
>>319325953
>two handed swordsman
>not playing the canon mage

>DA:O - Noble Human Warrior
>DA2 - Sarcastic Mage Hawke
>DA:I - Human Mage
>>
>>319325323
He was better and more interesting in 2's dlc than he was in that whole fucking game and he had a ton of time to develop and be made a palpable threat but they literally did shit all with him.
>>
>>319325896
It's a classic problem of balancing an impending threat with player freedom and agency. Most games absolutely fail at it unless they go strictly linear. Basically, entire world stops until you do your shit and choose to advance the story because god forbid you actually MISS some of the content. Smart thing to do would've been to make the main story less immediate and more obfuscated or matter-a-fact that was around for a while, kinda like how Morrowind handled it.
>>
>>319326037
He's asking. He hasn't played it yet.
>>
>>319326168
Hate to burst your bubble, but it's pretty much canon Hawke was a warrior and Bethany was the surviving sibling.
>>
>>319326282
It makes more sense for Cassandra to be looking for a mage that didn't take sides than some warrior who beat up some qunari.
>>
>>319308862
I liked both Origins and DA2. Didn't think 2 was anything amazing, but it was still kinda fun. DAI's story is really interesting, but it plays too much like an MMO
>>
>>319325896
Fucking hell DA:O at least did it once with Lothering getting destroyed, even though that was really flawed since you could still go back to the Korcari Wilds afterwards IIRC
>>
>>319326426
>It makes more sense for Cassandra to be looking for a mage that didn't take sides than some warrior who beat up some qunari.

Yeah but modern bioware isn't about making sense. That is where you fucked up, you thought about it for a second.
>>
>>319325323
Dude is legitimely scary in DA 2. I don´t know what the fuck happened in Inquisition.
>>
File: Mhairi.png (128 KB, 315x351) Image search: [Google]
Mhairi.png
128 KB, 315x351
>>319324928
I love the fact you can just execute based on how his father was an ass and Nathaniel doesn't seem that much better when you first meet him. Awakening fucked up big time by having already determined who would die at the joining because my Mage Warden sure would've benefited from Mhairi surviving than that generic Elf I never used.
>>
>tfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNwdWgYxwIc
>>
>>319326603
Fair enough. I concede.
>>
>>319326168
DA:O canon warden is a Lesbian Daelish Elf Mage According to BW...
>>
>>319326426
It would make sense, yeah, but let's not pretend Bioware didn't push a warrior Hawke.
>>
File: Corypheus_Closeup.jpg (44 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Corypheus_Closeup.jpg
44 KB, 600x500
>>319326643
They changed his VA and color scheme for some reason. He was weird and ancient in DA2, and that was the appeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8LPxFGQeoA
>>
>>319326648
Nathaniel was my favorite character in Awakenings just because of how much like and unlike his father he was. Like you could see hints of Rendon in his personality, but you could also see he struggled with being a good person.
>>
>>319325323
He was good in Haven, but after that it all turned to shit and the story lost all sense of danger
>>
>>319326819
He has the same VA actually. It sounds like they modified his voice in DA:I
>>
>>319326819
Yeah. His appeal definitely was in how alien he was. He just wakes up, starts spouting gibberish, and then goes magic juggernaut on your ass. His boss fight was also one of the few good fights in DA2. I don't know how they ruined him so bad in DA:I. Should have just went with the Architect or some new villain. But I guess you gotta have Hawke in there somewhere.
>>
>>319326819
it's actually the same voice actor. they just changed his direction for some reason.
>>
File: 1446088919107.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446088919107.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>319308932
>tfw i find out i wasn't the only one who thought this
>>
File: inquisdum.png (24 KB, 1315x275) Image search: [Google]
inquisdum.png
24 KB, 1315x275
>>319308862
all around mediocre and lacks focus
hell even DAII has some better qualities
Plot is impressively bad and makes no sense
>>
>>319327007
>>319327056
It was better in Legacy. Reminded me of John Hurt
>>
>>319326691
I really don't understand this because Witch Hunt seems pointless as a result. It was a Dalish Elf Warden that died, right? I think that's the default Warden if you just start Inquisition cold.
>>
>>319326819
He had some good lines in DAI, though.

>Not like this! I have walked the halls of the Golden City, crossed the ages... Dumat! Ancient Ones! I beseech you! If you exist - if you ever truly existed - aid me now!

Shame his DA2 Legacy battle was better than final boss one in DAI.
>>
>>319326168
>>319326282

What? Canon Warden is female Dalish Warrior, canon Hawke is a male Mage and canon Quiz is a male Human Rogue.
>>
>>319326819
>guy recording the video brought Anders with him
Fucking christ. What a miserable character. Easily the worst Bioware character ever made.
>>
>>319327620
I was memeing, Bioware actually made a canon?

Bullshit, Bethany is 400 times better than her shitter of a brother.
>>
>>319318964
AntiMage Aggressive Fem Hawke was the way to go
>>
>>319326819
>that scary music when he wakes up
>when he speak calmly with soft voice and you still know he will attack you
>when he starts speaking to dragon

Fuck, they did everything right with him in DA2. And his DLC is pretty much only one enjoyable.
>>
>>319327681
He have some extra dialogue, plus you fight him if you bring him.
>>
>>319308862
Origins was okay as a CRPG
DA2 was okay as an action RPG - CRPG (if they committed more fully to one game type or the other, they'd be better off) but it fucked up tons of cut-corners.
DAI is good one time around since its open world is based on exploration but the combat is kinda standard and everything about it is what other games specialize in but done in a completely average way.

Play Divinity Original Sin EE if you want a game like DAO (it honestly feels more like a sequel)
>>
Josephine, Cullen, Varric and Cole were the only companions/advisors that I didn't like. Varric really shouldn't have been a companion, definitely overstayed his welcome.
>>
>>319327681

He has some extra scenes in Legacy. Including one where he's forced to admit that the mages might've actually unleashed the Blight after all.

>>319327764

Literally all the promo art and trailers has featured Mage Hawke, and he's what appears in Inquisition if you don't important anything.

I like Bethany more, but she has no real character growth the way Carver does.
>>
File: S3YAL4k.png (792 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
S3YAL4k.png
792 KB, 1680x1050
Steam version when
>>
>>319328118
Well that's not 'canon'. I'm glad Bioware has not done any canon bullshit yet. One of my favorite parts of Inquisition was they accounted for a lot of Origin choices. If you were a total ass in Origins it affected things.

II seemed less important choice wise.
>>
>>319327585
Yeah its a Dalish Elf mage who sacrificed herself as the default if you load up Inquisition without messing with the Keep. Which makes very little sense in the overarching story that the games try and paint.
>>
Its better then fallout 4
>>
>>319328380
Honestly, the only choice that carried over from DA2 that actually matters is what personality your Hawke had.
>>
>>319328568
Having not played any of the DLC for inquisition, do we ever get some clarity on what happened to Hawke if he goes into the portal? Its implied he'll find his own way out somehow, and I wanted to believe that Hawke could manage it.
>>
>>319328381
There is no Dalish mage origin in DAO.
>>
>origin
>imprisonment part
>Oghren and Zevran
>Zevran and Sten
>Oghren and Sten

Best choices. Good old Oghren. I never liked that faggot metrosexual Varrick.
>>
>>319328781
No, he probably dies. The only thing that Trespasser explain is the Inquisitions fate and what Solas actually is and how Corypheus got the magical Orbs and what were the ancient elfs.
>>
>>319328781
>Its implied he'll find his own way out somehow
The notice when making the choice says "X will likely die" that's less of a confirmation that they survive and more like leaving things open in case Bioware decides to bring the character back.
>>
>>319329018
>le fart jokes
Oghren and Varric are both awful. The only good dorf is Sigrun. Zevran a shit too
>>
>>319308932
If you aren't an autistic completionist and you skip the MMO style padding bullshit it's an alright game.
>>
So...who is the best romance option? I'm thinking of going with Josephine. How's her sex scene?
>>
>>319329258
>not hanging out with your dwarfbro
>not drinking selfmade alcohol offered to you by dwarfbro
>not saving relationship for your dwarfbro

You fucking disgust me.
>>
>>319329258
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1407738608963.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1407738608963.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>319329843
>getting off to bioware sex scenes
people still do this?
>>
>>319329843
Cass if straight man
Solas if straight woman
Dorian if gay man
Josie if gay woman
Iron Bull if you fap to bioware sex scenes
>>
>>319330083
Quite the opposite. I don't want it to be cringy.
>>
>>319311596
god the ending of awakening is so satisfying.

make sure you get the super awesome legendary sword, it gets mentioned during the ending if you have it
>>
>>319330337
ah I see

Iron Bull is the worst.
>>
>>319314015
The bloom is so bad I had to stop playing. And you can't turn if off without turning off all the lighting and making the game look like shit.
>>
>>319330337
Josie's is very comfy and PG
>>
>>319316949
I liked it mainly as a thing that was experimental in certain interesting ways and it has some exploits that make trying those experimental bits bearable.
Like being overpowered as fuck mid-game (The whole game is a retelling, it kinda makes sense) and seeing how all the little story decisions get resolved in the same game (I think Bioware has completely shied away from the work that comes with making your decisions relevant
>>
>>319308862

It's an SJW's wet dream.
>>
>>319308862
What a fag. What's next? You loved dark souls 1 and hated dark souls 2?
>>
I liked Inquisition. Characters were good except for Sera, combat regained some of the depth it lost in DA2, and it actually felt like you were leading an army.
>>
>>319317121
That guy who "claimed" to be is still here.
I've quit the job, i've been eyeing up some proper industry jobs since, been shifting from one to the other.

I'm pretty happy nowadays. Thankfully i'm not there to see the fuckfest that's Da4.

I also dropped the trip, and now just post anonymously.
Fallout 4 a shit, Witcher 3 GOTY.
>>
>>319328781
Do you mean if you leave him behind in the Fade? If you do that he doesn't get mentioned. You're leaving him to die, BioWare just worded it vaguely in case they want to change their minds later.
>>
>>319329843
>>319330337
Josie doesn't have a sex scene, you just cuddle by the fire and after the end of Trespasser you go back to Antiva with her and are accepted as a part of the family.
>>
File: e3-sera.jpg (53 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
e3-sera.jpg
53 KB, 600x250
Garbage coming through. Did Bioware think she'd be likable?

Inquisition had really mediocre girls. Cassandra was boring, Sera belonged in the trash, Vivienne was black and annoying, Josephine was ok.
>>
>>319331601
You're not convinced that Weekes can save it? I mean you're not the guy anyway but let's just humor you
>>
It's barely decent

Grindy missions for Power suck ass, and apparently the DLC sucks too.

But that Grand Ball mission was fucking awesome, and that twist with Blackwall was also cool.

I'd buy it for like $12 or something
>>
>>319331963
Good, that means they have sex offscreen instead of in your face. Might go with her.
>>
File: face help.jpg (80 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
face help.jpg
80 KB, 290x290
>>319332053
>sera and harding became a lesbian couple in trespasser

no, not my precious shortstacks
>>
>>319332231
What are you talking about? I never even saw Harding in Trespasser.
>>
>>319329434
>skip the mmo style padding bullshit

So, like 80% of the game?
>>
>>319332062
No. I certainly am not. The way inquisition turned out was... less than appealing.
Financially maintainable, even profitable, but nothing stellar.

At least the office wasn't flooded with hatemail from the getgo. No more BioWare. No. more. BioWare.
>>
>>319324886
Just walk around with different companions to see this was already great
>>
File: 1405709674936.gif (3 MB, 473x469) Image search: [Google]
1405709674936.gif
3 MB, 473x469
>>319332053
>Vivienne was black and annoying,

My problem with her was she was a bitch about everything. I don't mind a character that disagrees with you but she feels the need to be contrary on every fucking decision.
>>
>>319333175
I at least wanted to romance and tame her. That was the advantage of Morrigan.

But no, by the end of the game she's STILL a bitch.
>>
>>319332053
>I wanted lovable rogue #1554879552365456
I liked that she was polarizing, she doesn't alter her entire worldview because some bumfuck told her to. It's annoying when every companion fellates the PC and needs the player's input to decide if they should breathe or not. Characters shouldn't be about making the player feel like they have people who like and get along with them.
>>
>>319332341
read sera's letters. also, it's in the ending slides unless you romanced sera yourself.
>>
>>319333391
Because her entire worldview and character make no goddamn sense. I do like the fact that if you push she admits she has it good, but will still bitch about it just because. She's basically LOLRANDUM and fully aware of it.
>>
>>319333175
Don't make dumb decisions then. She was the only character that was pragmatic and she was aware of the type of person you need to be to get by in faggy Orlais. She had the right idea about basically everything politically so I got along with her great
>>
>>319333175
She agreed with pretty much every fucking thing I did in the game.
>>
>>319333391

Point, but she's still obnoxious as fuck and can be pressed into admitting she knows jackshit about anything. Sera and IB were the worst companions.

>>319333175
>>319333649

Yeah, Viv agreed with me all the time. She's a mage but not one of those retarded FREEDUM ones.
>>
File: Sten_new.jpg (68 KB, 340x374) Image search: [Google]
Sten_new.jpg
68 KB, 340x374
>>319333649
>Don't make dumb decisions then.

The only dumb decision made was not giving us an option to ditch or kill her ass. At least we get to let Sten die. Ah and such a fine choice to make if you do.
>>
>>319332053

>muh rich people

Really Bioware ? That´s the best you can come up with ?
>>
>>319333391
>she doesn't alter her entire worldview because some bumfuck told her to.
Who all did? Certainly not Vivienne. Cass didn't seem to, nor Dorian.
>>
File: 7Lw1thvwaqo.png (268 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
7Lw1thvwaqo.png
268 KB, 500x344
>>319333974
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.webm (156 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.webm
156 KB, 320x240
>>319333391
>ugly
>retard
>cockney accent
>>
>>319333963
Anyone have that "Sten approves" webcomic? It rings so true and makes me laugh every time I read it.
>>
>>319333963
Are you retarded ? Sten is literally bro tier. He takes no shit from anyone, is redpilled and have your back.
>>
File: 1448780698872.png (39 KB, 971x704) Image search: [Google]
1448780698872.png
39 KB, 971x704
>>319334146
Got you family
>>
>>319333550
What doesn't make sense about it? She's a dumb city elf with no real education and doesn't really understand any of the larger concepts of the world and she makes many ill-informed decisions and holds many irrational opinions and tells jokes that are only funny to her. She knows she's not smart but she doesn't care. Being a dumb doesn't make her a bad character, she was the most refreshing companion in a BW game that I can remember because she was so simpleminded
>>
File: 1423957466782.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423957466782.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>319334293
kek'd
>>
>>319333404
Anon, that was Dagna. Harding goes to Crem.
>>
File: jacob.jpg (20 KB, 523x574) Image search: [Google]
jacob.jpg
20 KB, 523x574
>>319334323
>>
>>319333980
>Cass
>Don't rebuild the seekers or become divine
>K

>Dorian
>Reconcile with your dad or don't reconcile with your dad, I am a total stranger and this is totally my business
>K

Certainly not every character does it but it's an annoying trend in Bioware games.
>>
>>319308862

inquisition actually makes DA2 look good in comparison, not sure how they managed to pull it off ;)
>>
>>319334104
>>>cockney accent
This one's fine tho desu senpai
>>
>>319334323
>she was the most refreshing companion in a BW game that I can remember because she was so simpleminded

Dime-a-dozen common bandits don't make for interesting companions.

Plus she was just fucking unlikable.
>>
File: sten.jpg (26 KB, 367x359) Image search: [Google]
sten.jpg
26 KB, 367x359
>>319334247
I get quite a bit of joy of walking by that cage two or three times before leaving that village. Knowing he is dead in most of my saves makes the world a better place.
>>
>>319334726
>characters have to be likeable or they are bad
I never ever get tired of this meme
>>
>>319332069
but the DLC is great! It makes the rest of the game look shitty
>>
>>319333980
>>319334657
Also Iron Bull but it's actually appropriate that he defers to someone else to make a big decision for him because of the whole Qunari philosophy
>>
>>319332350
>80%
You're exaggerating but yes. I am suggesting that you skip all of the MMO padding.
>>
>>319308862
literally just a meme game
>>
File: Map_of_thedas_dragonage.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_thedas_dragonage.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
So where should DA4 take place?
>>
File: GereonAlexius.jpg (126 KB, 831x910) Image search: [Google]
GereonAlexius.jpg
126 KB, 831x910
I enjoyed Inquisition quite a lot actually. Only thing that really bothered me was how the main quest was locked behind power points that you could only get by closing rifts and completing sidequests.
On one hand I think it's not that bad since you get to explore the world and level up as you go through the main story, unlike other RPGs where you breeze through the main quest in like 5 minutes.
On the other hand for people that already don't have a lot of time to play vidya nowadays with family and work and other shit to deal with this just artificially prolongs the game.

Although the main story was pretty weak, the main quests were awesome for the most part. In Hushed Whispers, In Your Heart Shall Burn, Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts and What Pride has Brought were all really good. Music was also fanatastic, definitely a step up from the generic as fuck soundtrack from 2.

Companions were pretty good; granted I didn't like Sera at all and Vivienne was just wasted potential (much like the sidequests and main villain) the personal quests made up for most of this.

Sidequests were horrible. Way too many fetchquests.
Couldn't get into MP, it's like they tried to copy ME3's surprisingly good MP but failed. Abilities are cool though.

Main villain like I said was a joke. Having played Trespasser does make me wonder how the next and potential final game will turn out to be.
>>
>>319335639
Tevinter, of course.
>>
>>319335639
Mid part of map, so Tevinter-Free Marches-Nevarra-Antiva.
>>
File: adadadad.jpg (7 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
adadadad.jpg
7 KB, 300x186
>>319335639
Tevinter if they have any sense left in their heads. They can even rip Bethesda off more than they did with DAI by having the main character come into the territory as a prisoner.
>>
>>319335028
I didn't even say she was bad because she was unlikable. I am an anonymous person commenting on your "she was the most refreshing companion" remark.

She wasn't refreshing. Or interesting. Or likable. You think she was the first because BW games usually don't give you companions in your SAVE THE WORLD party, but do you think she was the other two?

I do think she's bad because, as you said, her opinions aren't just base and blunt, but they're irrational.

I'm curious what you think makes a bad character, since apparently being well-written isn't a criterion.
>>
>>319332231
It's Dagna, not Harding
>>
>>3193I like her exactly for this, she was a well crafted character for what they had planned. A dumb, idiotic, clashing non important companion. She was rude and made no apologies for this, and best of all, you can't change her.

She also has the role of letting you roleplay a more crass character. Players often overlook how party interaction in a rpg actually help you shape your own character through them.
>>
>>319316949
I ripped apart whole Elvs camp along with my GF that was of theri kind...

After that I had sex with her inside my mansion.

And ppl are saying that DA2 is not good.
>>
>>319335639
Trespasser confirmed it's Tevinter.
>>
File: Tevinter_landscape.jpg (470 KB, 1800x946) Image search: [Google]
Tevinter_landscape.jpg
470 KB, 1800x946
>>319335639
If only.
>>
>>319336445
This makes my dick so hard.
>>
>>319336064
>She was rude and made no apologies for this, and best of all, you can't change her.

You know, I might have liked her character if she actually was stubborn in all things, but she's not in service of Bioware trying to make her the raunchy companion.

Sera is fucking terrified and distrusts magic, but you can still romance her if you're a mage.
Sera hates elves, especially the Dalish, but you can still romance her if you're Dalish.

Why doesn't bioware write romances that take things into account other than gender?
>>
>>319336247
>kill a bunch of knife ears
>fuck a knife ear
Does not compute. She should have died with her vermin kind.
>>
File: zevran_.jpg (96 KB, 1024x623) Image search: [Google]
zevran_.jpg
96 KB, 1024x623
Best companion.
>>
File: Wynne.jpg (314 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Wynne.jpg
314 KB, 600x800
>>319337415
Whoops, wrong picture
>>
>>319337415
His voice has this up and down monotone rhythm about it that really annoys the shit out of me.
>>
>>319337778
Biggest crime of DA:O is that you can't fuck Wynne.
>>
is there anyway to get my worldstate from the first two games into this one. I want my god damn conclusion, but do not want to spend money
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.