[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /v/. I was going trough my brother's old NGC games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: images (23).jpg (19 KB, 256x359) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
19 KB, 256x359
Hello /v/. I was going trough my brother's old NGC games and found pic related. I've never played mgs before so, should I play it? How different will the experience be from playing the original?
>>
>>319303050
yes
>>
>>319303050
Play it, the game is fine. If you like it, play the original, and also MGS2.
>>
>>319303050
It's TOTALLY different from the original.
Do NOT play it before MGS1, no matter what Nintenkid-shills try to claim.
>>
>>319303050
Better than the ps1 ver
>taking mgs seriously
Only sonycμcks
>>
>>319303050
>I've never played mgs before so, should I play it?
No. It's shit.
>How different will the experience be from playing the original?
VERY. It's literally a DMC:Solid Snake edition.

why TTS sucks ass?

-You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
-the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
-the new localization sucks ass, and is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
-The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy. The bossfights took the biggest hit, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
-The Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
-The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion. Oh, and tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.
-To be honest? The Twin Snakes also looks fugly. Everything's just gray and cyan now, ruining the cold and dark industrial mood the original has. And the 3D models look waxy.

>inb4 "lol as if rest of the series wouldn't be whacky!"
That's not the point. The TS version makes Snake, a normal human, move like a Cyborg Ninja, and act like a 16yo teen with anger management issues.
>>
>>319303781
>>319304215
>>319303349
Who should I believe?
>>
>>319304417
MGR was the best game in the series. What your describing is literally what makes TTS so great.
>>
>>319304427
I've played both, the PS1 version is better from a dramatic perspective, but the gameplay is more polished in the Gamecube version. It honestly comes down to which version is more convenient for you to play.
>>
>>319304427
TTS is inferior in some ways to the original, but it's still a very fun game. Just don't expect Snake to do crazy flips in the sequels.

The gameplay additions kind of "break" the game, but it's still great fun and the enemy AI is also much more advanced. It's not a cakewalk.

They're really short games, so play both versions. Flip a coin for whichever goes first.
>>
>>319304683
Except that's fucking wrong

>Raiden's health and fuel cells increase with upgrades
>Voice acting is fantastic
>Soundtrack is fitting, quality as music is debatable (I like it)
>not a remake of any previous game with new mechanics added
>no uselss dogtags (cyborg arms give you wigs)
>cut scenes are typical platinum, and very fun
>game isn't the prettiest but by no means ugly

So that's one point that matches MGR. Fuck off.
>>
>>319303050
Sell it. Easy +$100
>>
>>319304417
I agree but some of the music is okay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QdTNdP6Ess
>>
>>319306832
most, however, is not.
the lack of ENCOUNTER is a big enough sin for me.
>>
>>319307084
True. For all the complaining about muh backflips, I'm shocked that almost nobody cares that Encounter is missing.
>>
>>319303050
play the twin snakes the original has not aged well
>>
File: 1409268067393.jpg (204 KB, 773x1200) Image search: [Google]
1409268067393.jpg
204 KB, 773x1200
>>319307084
Definitely. Whenever they tried to be like the original it turned out okay though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdZQS_ggy8
>>
>>319303050
It's kind of cool if you're already a fan of the series but it's a terrible starting point.
>>
>>319303050

It's MGS1 with all the gameplay improvements of MGS2. It also matches the tone of the later MGS games much more closely. Play it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>319303050
I would recommend playing the original first. Twin Snakes is a fine game, regardless of what people tell you, but it's definitely not the first MGS you should experience. Play the original first and ignore the nintendo/sony console war shitposters.
>>
>>319304427
seriously play it, it's a great game and the best chance to play it you ever get. It got loads of fan service but is a great remake.
>>
>>319307342
>>319307551
Read this OP, you're doing yourself a disservice by starting with this game. Play the original and if you like the series, come back to TTS later.
>>
>>319307551

I'm the kind of guy who invariably gets dragged into these arguments in favor of the original, and I agree with this man.

There's nothing wrong with playing Twin Snakes.

Just don't play Twin Snakes FIRST.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.