[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ shit on this game so hard? I don't get it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Why does /v/ shit on this game so hard? I don't get it.
>>
B-Team
Downgrade
Lore-Rape
>>
Because game series should get progressively better not worse
>>
>>319287109
hitboxes,SM, soul vessel, ADP, enemies rotating on themselves, buffing, nerfing, rebuffing, renerfing of weapons and sorceries, a lot of uninteresting bosses (but a lot more great bosses desu), also the lore but honestly if you give a fuck about that you're the ultimate kekold. Overall it's still the best game of 2014, but not many will admit it.
>>
It's too hard
>>
File: 1443641614228.jpg (26 KB, 282x342) Image search: [Google]
1443641614228.jpg
26 KB, 282x342
Great game
Terrible Souls game
>>
>>319287109
SHOCKWAVES
>>
>>319287109
It wasn't as good as the first game, though it still had a ton of customization, fun bosses and cool lore which places it pretty highly above bloodborne for me.

What a lot people seem to assume is that, just because it wasn't the game we were all expecting, it's a bad game which is simply not true.

It is actually a very good game, but like any game it does have some flaws, most which surface in the player due to the expectations we had from the first.

All in all I and many people I know loved it, even more so now I know what to expect from it.
>>
File: 1449063604778.jpg (101 KB, 513x486) Image search: [Google]
1449063604778.jpg
101 KB, 513x486
>>319291160
>>
>>319289551
there is literally nothing wrong with being able to respec, especially considering if you played the game when it first came out you had no idea what weapons were available and you could find a weapon you really liked after your levels were too invested.
>>
Fucking weapon degredation glitch ruined it for me on release. Surely someone must have noticed it during testing. Once i got past that i realised it was worse than the first game in every way and became so bored with it i just stopped playing.
>>
File: chest high rubble.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
chest high rubble.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
Uh oh there's no way I could ever get over this I better go on an 8 hour detour.
>>
>>319287109
shit level design
>>
>>319292209

It's called a joke, anon.
>>
Someone link that guy video
>>
>>319292305
No, it's called Dark Souls II.
>>
Because it is surpassed by far the predecessors and it was shittily marketed via the whole dying and difficulty meme.
The DLCs are pretty good though.
>>
>>319287109
Not a bad game just extremely overrated and that's why people hate it.

The game is not as fun as everyone makes it out to be, and it's not even that hard, so I don't see where all the hub bub comes from.

Good game, just gets more credit than it deserves.
>>
>>319287109
Story aint great.
Level design aint great.
Bosses aint great outside of the dlc.
Some of the dlc bosses aint great anyways.
Online only got worse somehow.
Visuals were muddy and downgraded by a lot.

Still a good game that I replay sometimes but damn it is the weakest in the series. Hopefully Bloodborne marks a change in form but I am cautious about Dark Souls 3, probably the only one I won't buy on release.
>>
File: 1442830490403.png (63 KB, 181x166) Image search: [Google]
1442830490403.png
63 KB, 181x166
>>319292561
>DaS2
>overrated
>>
File: tldrlol.png (157 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
tldrlol.png
157 KB, 500x309
>>319292630
Perhaps he meant souls in general, I dunno.
>>
File: dsmap.jpg (268 KB, 1621x823) Image search: [Google]
dsmap.jpg
268 KB, 1621x823
>>
>>319292579
Ain't great? More like fucking shit.
>>
File: Nito.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Nito.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>>319292782
I was trying to be gentle.
>>
>>319287109
>play Demon souls about 5 years ago or so.
>never knew anything about it before, just picked it up for 20 bucks because I needed a game
>expected some weeb ass generic rpg
>from the very first level, I was inlove with just the atmosphere.
>Everything from that level and on, every aspect of the game and the mechanics I was inlove with. The challenge felt legitimate, it was nothing like most of the games out at the time.
>after beating the game, I looked it up to see other playthroughs and discovered how completely clueless I was
>I played like a savage, missed tons of items and sidequests, didn't really have a "build"
>Didn't even NG+ it
>Hear about a sequel coming out, Dark souls
>totally end up missing it, don't think I had the money at the time and eventually forgot about it.
>eventually begin visiting /v/ and see everyone talking about Dark souls, rarely Demon souls
>Remember the experience from Demon Souls and badly wanna play Dark Souls to see what I've been missing
>DS2 already on the way
>once again I miss it due to being broke and eventually forget about it.
>now have a PS4 and bought DS2 scholars of the first sin because it was on sale
>Everything felt so different. I didn't feel sucked into the atmosphere at all, the world felt so flat
>this time I tried to actually follow stories and sidequests as well as explore a lot more.
>I still had tons of fun with bosses and I did like some of the level design. But sometimes the challenge didn't feel as legitimate
>Lots of cheap enemies and obstacles
>But tons of content and a huge world
>Though the later half of the game felt really rushed
So I have yet to play DS1, I don't have that as a basis to compare it to. I am playing through BB right now though, amazing game.
But still none of it compares to Demon souls. That was the legitimate souls experience for me, including the fact that I happened to just pick it out at random and had no idea what to expect.
>>
My only problem with this game is the fact that the "region lock" is a load of shit. You can't really enjoy pvp when you're ruined by some laggy player from the other side of the world. Hope they fix that shit in DS3 and actually allow you to fight people only from your region
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.