[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s thoughts on the God of War series? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: god-of-war-intro.jpg (447 KB, 1201x873) Image search: [Google]
god-of-war-intro.jpg
447 KB, 1201x873
What is /v/'s thoughts on the God of War series?

I have a PS3 and a PS4. Which of the God of War games should I play? Which entry is the best?

Are there any specific shitty ones that I should avoid?
>>
>>319286172

Play 1, 2 and 3 in that order. That's it.
>>
>>319286172
3 is the best, 2 has better gameplay but lacks the graphics and flair of 3. Ascension is shit but has some good boss battles. The others will not be missed if you dont play them
>>
>>319286172
1, 2 & 3
Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus are pretty fun too.
>>
play it in order 1-2-3 skip the psp games those are shit and if you have some dosh to spare play ascension it has some cool boss battles
>>
Just play the trilogy.
If you still want more after that, try the others.
Just don't expect them to be as good.
>>
2 > 3 > GoS > 1 > CoO >>> Ascension
>>
>>319286287
>>319286338
What's so bad about the non-original trilogy?

Are the PSP games and God of War Ascension really that bad?

What's bad about them, if I may ask, in terms of gameplay?
>>
Play the trilogy and if you enjoy them play the rest.
Nothing more than that really
>>
Ghost of Sparta is actually one of the best games in the series. Ghost of Sparta and 2 are my favorites. I have no idea why people in this thread aren't recommending it.

Chains of Olympus is comparatively much less impressive/interesting but it's still pretty good.
>>
Locales are really cool, bosses look really cool, puzzles are decentl, combat is unfortunately mashy and easy even at highest difficulty settings and you are never really threatened if you fall back to rage mode and magic. Also they all have one really annoying section like hell in 1 or cubes in 3.
2 is the best.
>>
>>319286808
>bosses look really cool
The GOW series is one of the very few western games with actually decent boss fights.
>>
>>319286637
Controls are what got me, cause you know, PSP.
>>
1, 2, and 3 are pretty good action games. Some people on /v/ like to shit on them for being overly "cinematic" and not nearly as good in terms of combat as games like DMC, but they're fun enough to warrant at least a playthrough, especially since you can get the Saga Collection on PS3 that has 1-3 plus CoO and GoS for next to nothing now. Unfortunately 3 is the only one they remastered for PS4 for some reason.

Chains of Olympus/Ghost of Sparta are decent but also entirely skippable. They're not bad, but they're not great either and they're not necessary to enjoy the original trilogy. Ascension I never played but most people seem to think it's shit.
>>
Why do you think Ascension was shit? It wasn't as good as the other games but it was an alright game I thought
>>
>>319287207
Only really shit thing is dodging but you get used to it pretty quick.

Get God of War Saga, it has all of the games except for Ascension, which is under $10 used now. And the PSP games use the original control scheme instead of the PSP one, so it removes the main issue people have with it
>>
>>319286808
The labyrinth is really fun, kinda boring though, at least Pandora's Temple changes the scenery up each section, it's the same wooden and metal boxes for the whole labyrinth segment

at least you didn't need to guard Pandora, the qt could take care of herself
>>
>>319286637
GoW is all about the sprawling backdrops and epic boss fights. The psp games felt much more limited to me in that regard. I can't even recall the boss battles. Ascension has some of that epicness, but has that problem all prequels suffer from: The stakes don't feel real.
>>
>>319287449

Having only played the demo. My issue with it is it zooming out to show set pieces in the middle of fights and just being more God of War 3.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.